Western United

mack

35 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Now playing two games in Tassie. The travelling circus has expanded...

What an absolute slap in the face to Tasmania. :( 

Oh hey Tasmania, we know you didn't get an A-League side, but here's one of the clubs which DID get an A-League side (in lieu of you), showboating in your state!!! 

6 hours ago, MathyouWSW said:

Ok. Diamanti is confirmed:

Makes you wonder if they'll go with two strikers at the front (him and McDonald) or they'll have McDonald play off the bench.

Diamanti will remember us, he missed out on a seven digit bonus when wsw knocked evergrande out of the acl.

Diamanti and Scotty mac will both be 36 when the season kicks off. No doubt they will enjoy playing in the summer heat. WU will be hard to break down though. 

On 12/02/2019 at 9:33 PM, marron said:

This thing is going to be worse than Heart.

February 12.  Early call from marron, well on the way to fruition.

Backers pulled out, club colours depict "the blacktop of the bitumen with the greenery of our suburbs" :unknw:, the logo is crap and is "inspired by the aerial view of real estate development (rooftops) in Australia’s fastest growing corridor", and now they have like 4 home grounds.

What a car crash.

On 24/07/2019 at 3:05 PM, WHACKO said:

Hope one of the games is us. Gives me a reason to go , never been there. 

Beautiful place. You can drive right around the island in a couple of days, very scenic and a nice bit of snow around until later in the year. I like Hobart too, like a pretty country town. Couldn't live there for crap but it's nice. Drive down to Melbourne and take the car over with the overnight ferry. 

Having said that, we won't have a game there... 😅

• 4 weeks later...

Had their first pre-season match tonight: 

They won 4-0 against George Cross FC. Goals from Yuel (35'), Pain (45'), Pierias (54') and Stamatelopoulos (87'). 

The trial players were: 

- Thierry Iradukunda: previously played for Melbourne Victory in their youth league
- Bai Antoniou: his stint in Cyprus didn't go so, currently playing for Sutherland Sharks and looks to be trying for a second stint in A-League
- Massimo Murdocca: Ex City & Roar player. He is Western United's Assistant Strength and Conditioning Coach so going to assume he put his hand up to be on the bench.
Got no idea who Pejovic is...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Oooft! That pic of Rudes. 

On 29/09/2019 at 12:09 AM, matty said:

I'm glad Berisha is back in the league

When I was watching the highlights of the game, and saw that he scored.. I didn't know how to feel. One hand I wasn't surprised, other hand I was happy he was back, the other hand I was angry that he was still able to find the back of the net. 

Edited by teddies
Edit: clarity
2 hours ago, teddies said:

Oooft! That pic of Rudes. 

When I was watching the highlights of the game, and saw that he scored.. I didn't know how to feel. One hand I wasn't surprised, other hand I was happy he was back, the other hand I was angry that he was still able to find the back of the net. 

You have three hands?

According to the Age they got off to a 'dream start'...

https://www.theage.com.au/sport/soccer/united-declare-allegiance-to-the-west-following-dream-a-league-debut-20191014-p530gd.html

Guess Tarnheit Travellers O/35 have pretty pissweak dreams if beating a Wellington squad that includes Shotirio as one of its key attacking players is their their standard...