Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

Part 1 Here

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Alexander Baumjohann (Foreign)
Brendan Hamill 
Giancarlo Gallifuoco (Injury Replacement for O'Doherty)
Marc Tokich (U21)
Mark Bridge
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio
John Roberts (U21)
Josh Risdon
Roly Bonevacia (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Mitch Duke
Nicholas Suman (U21)
Tarek Elrich
Tate Russel (U21)
Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21)

Expiring Year 2020/21
Fabian Monge (U21)
Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Nick Fitzgerald
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Keanu Baccus
Vedran Janjetovic

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
5 of 5 Foreign Players - 0 Available
1 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of up to 20 First Team players, with a requirement for 3 players aged 20 or younger (U21).
20 of 20 First Team Contracts - 0 Available
6 U21 Contracts - Minimum 3 required

Note: Rashid Mahazi is a "Mature Age Rookie", who is not included in the salary or squad caps.

11 minutes ago, mack said:

My mum said Oriol Riera was at Wet & Wild world the morning/afternoon of our game.

Baumjohann watching midnight fireworks and Riera having a dip with the kids, imagine if Popa was running the show?

Not the Mariners!

Yji7cYIC_bigger.jpgCentral Coast MarinersVerified account @CCMariners
FollowingFollowing @CCMariners
More
Replying to @Kyri_1 @RobskiNew

Football doesn’t take leave guys… We haven’t signed Ruon 😉 What about you guys: @AdelaideUnited, @brisbaneroar, @MelbourneCity, @NewcastleJetsFC, @gomvfc, @PerthGloryFC, @SydneyFC @WgtnPhoenixFC? 🤔 #ALeague

4:50 PM - 2 Jan 2019

5 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Not the Mariners!

Yji7cYIC_bigger.jpgCentral Coast MarinersVerified account @CCMariners
FollowingFollowing @CCMariners
More
Replying to @Kyri_1 @RobskiNew

Football doesn’t take leave guys… We haven’t signed Ruon 😉 What about you guys: @AdelaideUnited, @brisbaneroar, @MelbourneCity, @NewcastleJetsFC, @gomvfc, @PerthGloryFC, @SydneyFC @WgtnPhoenixFC? 🤔 #ALeague

4:50 PM - 2 Jan 2019

I reckon Brisbane 

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Alexander Baumjohann (Foreign)
Brendan Hamill 
Keanu Baccus (U21)
Lachlan Scott (U21)
Marc Tokich (U21)
Mark Bridge
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio
John Roberts (U21)
Josh Risdon
Roly Bonevacia (Foreign)

Who do we seriously think Babbel will actually keep from this list? Maybe AB10 and Baccus?

40 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Mitch Nichols?

He won’t put in the work any more. 

With the amount of players we want to see moved on, I’m not sure where we’d unearth their replacements from. The foreigners will be the easy part with Babbel, but the locals are thin on the ground. Let’s see what he’s got up his sleeve

Release everyone who is off contract except for Baccus and Tokich. No-one on that list has done enough to justify getting another contract from our club.

From everyone on longer contracts, "mutually" terminate Nizic and upgrade Suman into the first team.

For Australian players, go after: Spiranovic, Jason Davidson, Brattan, Troisi, Mileusnic.

• Keanu Baccus
  • Marc Tokich
  • Bruce Kamau
  • Nicholas Suman
  • Tate Russel (U21)
  • Tass Mourdoukoutas
  • Jordan O'Doherty
  • Kosta Grozos
  • Nick Fitzgerald
  • Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)
  • Vedran Janjetovic
  • Spiranovic
  • Davidson
  • Brattan
  • Mileusnic

In the starting 11: Vedran, Ziegler, Spiranovic, Jason Davidson, Baccus, Brattan, Mileusnic.

We'd need to find new starting 11 players at: Right Fullback, Right Wing, Attacking Midfield, Forward. All of these should be foreign players.

Subs/Squad players: Tokich, Kamau, Suman, Russel, Tass, O'Doherty, Grozos, Fitzgerald.

If Ziggy gets his citizenship we'd be left with one more foreign spot, which we would want to use to push Vedran, Mileusnic or Baccus to the bench. I'd lean towards a DM or GK. DM because Baccus is still pretty young, and GK because Vedran hasn't hit any special major heights and a "6th" foreign spot on a GK would give us the entire world to search from to find a better keeper.

The most important thing is the new players have to be scorers. This current season and the previous two we have been dreadfully reliant on our striker (Riera or Santalab) and no-one else has got more than 4 goals. We need a defence that scores a handful of goals from set pieces, we need the central mids to score 3 to 5 each, the wide players need to score at least 5 minimum in addition to setting up, the attacking mid needs to be involved in assisting or scoring 20. The striker we want a golden boot winner.

We hope Babbel has good scouting contracts back in Europe because we can't fail again with the foreigners, especially the attacking mid and whoever we replace Riera with.

8 hours ago, mack said:

Baccus would be the only player I'd be sure he'd like to keep.

Bridge, Roly, Llorente, Scott, Roberts all 100% gone imo, Risdon will likely leave the club to go to Europe, if he isn't sold in January like rumours have suggested.

Roberts?  I am sure I read an article at the start of the season saying look out for him because he was going to be the next big thing.

38 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Honestly I know people bag Majok out for his first touch but from the 12 minutes I saw from him in the City game he was one of our best players for the whole match. His first start wasn't bad either. Regularly comes off the bench and is/was one of the Y-League top scorers. Re-sign him as well imo.

Young players U21 if they are outside the main squad are probably somewhat irrelevant to deciding the starting 11 + 5 subs.