Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

57 minutes ago, mack said:

We don't need him.

We've got Tass.

This week we will be playing Tarek Elrich at centre back against the league leaders (I like Elrich but he’s never a centre back)

No reason why we couldn’t have him and Tas in squad 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, sonar said:

It was a shame Adpro left us. He's been great for them since returning to the field after his injury. I would take him over Hamill or Llorente any day.

Aspro left for less money but wanted playing time. If he knew how much a shambles our injury record was going to be this season, i doubt he would have left.

10 hours ago, Bellby said:

The whole 'the owners are tight, the owners only care about their bottom dollar' spiel gets trotted out by supporters of every struggling team in every league in the world. People just want someone to point the finger at. 

Realistically our owners have been anything but tight. It's a salary capped league, you're going to have your ups & downs, you're going to have your squad fillers. Lederer has invested a ton of money into our club both on & off the pitch. 

Try being an Ipswich supporter and argue the same point.

8 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

There were rumours getting around that we're keeping him for next season...

We should be keeping him. We need some continuity. He has significantly reduced the amount of mistakes in his game whilst being out under huge amounts of pressure. That is of course asssuming he’s not burning cap space up too much

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

We should be keeping him. We need some continuity. He has significantly reduced the amount of mistakes in his game whilst being out under huge amounts of pressure. That is of course asssuming he’s not burning cap space up too much

Has he really reduced his mistakes? 

Jets game 

3 hours ago, wswnick said:

Hamill would be eligible for loyalty concessions. One of our few opportunities to leverage salary cap exemptions. 

Good point. If we can indeed use a 200k max loyalty spend on a single player, we should be keeping him. Tass will take his spot on the bench or in the park if Aussie pat gets injured again. Hamill can back up the whole back 4 if we need it

On 20/02/2019 at 9:24 AM, FCB said:

I would expect the whole salary cap system to be rebooted for next season as the HAL clubs are taking taking more control of the league. It is an open secret that the cap is not enforced. Everyone turns a blind eye when the owners spend more money than the cap allows. Glory was only done because a whistle blower, and FFA was forced to step in. 

Taking the what’s good for x is good for the league. Look at Perth this year, Sydney last year, Victory etc. I don’t feel we have taken advantage, maybe the training facility has affected things as you say but not saying we aren’t spending the cap but perhaps we should be using the brown paper bag approach a bit more.

15 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Aspro left for less money but wanted playing time. If he knew how much a shambles our injury record was going to be this season, i doubt he would have left.

Don't forget that he was injured himself and has only played the last few games

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Taking the what’s good for x is good for the league. Look at Perth this year, Sydney last year, Victory etc. I don’t feel we have taken advantage, maybe the training facility has affected things as you say but not saying we aren’t spending the cap but perhaps we should be using the brown paper bag approach a bit more.

Considering how much FFA love us, I don't think that deliberately breaching the cap is the answer, regardless of what the others are doing. 

On 20/02/2019 at 11:32 AM, Erebus said:

Yep and its why I don't understand why some teams spend cheap on coaches. Get a good coach and a salary capped hamstrung team can become a well oiled machine.

New A-League operating model is supposed to be submitted by 31 March 2019. I guess we'll see.

Get off the payroll mate

2 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Has Babbel used him at all this season? I recall maybe 1 appearance? That tells you everything considering the amount of youth Babbel has been happy to use.

Transfermarkt lists no appearances this season.

Sat on the bench against Bonnyrigg