Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

:arniesalt:

No more ex-smurfs. It was fine when we started and some guys were coming back, but no more. Couldn’t cheer for Arnie’s fouling mob. Plus you know they’re gonna call em on every foul they get away with now.

We exist in a league where we share 40-50 decent Australian players. With such a stringent cap on foreigners we can’t turn away quality footballers. That said, I think brillantes gone down hill a bit

3 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

Return of Poljak, disciplined, naturalised Aus and showed passion for the club

On the other hand - when does Ugarkovic’s contract end with the jets?

No.

Here are Aussie DMs with expiring contracts (except Brandon O'Neill is a already re-signed in the East).

16 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

I would have definitely taken him over Mahazi. We don’t need Poljak back. He struggled big time in his last season at jets. It even took him 7 weeks to win a starting spot at Marconi.

24 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

He's now playing with Sutherland Sharks, after Marconi released him. 

10 hours ago, Taurus said:

He's now playing with Sutherland Sharks, after Marconi released him. 

Such a shame. He was at one point the longest contracted player in the HAL after his first seasons performance. Even just a small amount of improvement and he could have been our long term option. Great affection for the man but if you’re getting your lunch eaten in the NPL, you’re not going to be returning to top tier footy

19 hours ago, Upthehill said:

We exist in a league where we share 40-50 decent Australian players. With such a stringent cap on foreigners we can’t turn away quality footballers. That said, I think brillantes gone down hill a bit

Well we’ll just have to get em first then.

3 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Behich could be an option. Looking to leave PSV

we already have a left back in Cordier. Signing a player like Behich would only hinder his development. Though now the A-league are now doing international breaks signing socceroos isn't the worst thing anymore.

so thats a no from me, not a **** no :lol:

Just now, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

we already have a left back in Cordier. Signing a player like Behich would only hinder his development. Though now the A-league are now doing international breaks signing socceroos isn't the worst thing anymore.

so thats a no from me, not a **** no :lol:

We want wins. Cordier cant start next season base on the fact he isnt beating out elrich right now. Id only say no since he takes up a huge piece of the budget

2 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

We want wins. Cordier cant start next season base on the fact he isnt beating out elrich right now. Id only say no since he takes up a huge piece of the budget

**** it. Throw them in the deep end. At best they cement a spot and they go overseas for money or become club legends. At worst they go to CCM or NPL.

3 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

**** it. Throw them in the deep end. At best they cement a spot and they go overseas for money or become club legends. At worst they go to CCM or NPL.

Id rather our first choice not by an 18 year old with 14 games under his belt in 15 months. By round 5 we will be screaming about cheaping out again

Cordier yeah can have a shot now

but next season id really like to see Tate and Tass as first 11 - I think they have shown they are ready moreso than any other youngsters. Tate still has a bit of work on his defensive side but his awareness and passing are good

Tass for me is the 1 who really deserves a go if no one else

I think 3 youngster would be too much in a back 4 

i expect Babbel to bring in two CM to upgrade jod and Baccus that’s where we need a massive upgrade is my two cents 

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Cordier yeah can have a shot now

but next season id really like to see Tate and Tass as first 11 - I think they have shown they are ready moreso than any other youngsters. Tate still has a bit of work on his defensive side but his awareness and passness are great 

Tass for me is the 1 who really deserves a go if no one else

I think 3 youngster would be too much in a back 4 

i expect Babbel to bring in two CM to upgrade jod and Baccus that’s where we need a massive upgrade is my two c

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/owners-must-urgently-address-a-league-s-tv-slump-wanderers-chair-20190225-p5105x.html?ref=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_source=rss_feed

Lederer confirmed he is keen to use the $3 million marquee fund to sign a big-name recruit to coincide with their move into the new Bankwest Stadium next season, provided coach Markus Babbel can find the right player.

43 minutes ago, wswnick said:

What happened to that classy midfielder we were very close to signing?

Missed out on him because of Peter Dutton hating foreigners ala Stopping the processing of Ziggy/s citizenship so playing in the BL2 in a relegation bound team. Only signed for 6 months.

8 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Missed out on him because of Peter Dutton hating foreigners ala Stopping the processing of Ziggy/s citizenship so playing in the BL2 in a relegation bound team. Only signed for 6 months.

Truth to this, there was an article recently reporting the handful of citizenship applications processed in the last 12 months. 

https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/13/duttons-department-processed-just-15-of-citizenship-applications-last-year

Maybe Ziggy should be moved to club Au Pair, get his citizenship minesterially decided and be outside the cap. 

9 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I meant the player that Adelaide journo Val mentioned a few weeks ago

10 hours ago, Taurus said:

Yep, I'd say that's our man. Signed a contract with his current BL2 side for the rest of this season only, and declined offers from at least one BL side. He's been rock solid for Magdeburg since they signed him, despite his lack of match fitness.

Different calibre altogether when compared with Ziegler and Treejack. Fingers crossed!