Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

Hasn't played a game since mid December. He is a CB, and if I remember correctly, he was a bit of an English-style hoofballer when we arrived at the VIC. Even if he is reasonably fit: I can't seem him play unless we have a serious problem with our existing CBs.

23 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

Says he was born in Sydney, this is important (to me) - anyone know whereabouts in Sydney ?

6 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

If it was Western Sydney the club would be over it like a fat kid on cake

This is back in 2013

https://www.sbs.com.au/news/tottenham-a-dream-come-true-for-gallifuoco

'The 19-year-old midfielder has become one of the first names on the team sheet for the Spurs Under-21 side in the last year, marking an incredible transition from the Sutherland Sharks, south of Sydney, where he played his junior club football.'

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

Good little piece of business. He has potential. Gives him 7 weeks trial to earn a spot for next year

Is he a "hard man"?

Portsmouth and Charlton are among several clubs eyeing a move for former Tottenham and Swansea man Giancarlo Gallifuoco, HITC Sport understands. Gallifuoco is currently playing in Italy with Rieti after making the move to the ambitious Serie C club in the summer on a free transfer. However, Rieti have ran into financial problems as they look to win promotion to Serie B and they could now lose a number of their top performers, including Gallifuoco. The 24-year-old, who can play in central defence, right-back or central midfield, has impressed at Rieti and has been made club captain. Gallifuoco has made 11 appearances in all competitions for Rieti and his impressive displays have even brought him to the attention of several Serie A sides.

---

Hmm. Maybe he has mentality and mongrel after all.

4 minutes ago, FCB said:

Portsmouth and Charlton are among several clubs eyeing a move for former Tottenham and Swansea man Giancarlo Gallifuoco, HITC Sport understands. Gallifuoco is currently playing in Italy with Rieti after making the move to the ambitious Serie C club in the summer on a free transfer. However, Rieti have ran into financial problems as they look to win promotion to Serie B and they could now lose a number of their top performers, including Gallifuoco. The 24-year-old, who can play in central defence, right-back or central midfield, has impressed at Rieti and has been made club captain. Gallifuoco has made 11 appearances in all competitions for Rieti and his impressive displays have even brought him to the attention of several Serie A sides.

---

Hmm. Maybe he has mentality and mongrel after all.

"Mongrel Mentality" - I like it!

1 hour ago, FCB said:

Hasn't played a game since mid December. He is a CB, and if I remember correctly, he was a bit of an English-style hoofballer when we arrived at the VIC. Even if he is reasonably fit: I can't seem him play unless we have a serious problem with our existing CBs.

He had the potential. Came through good systems, had the physique. Just never bared any fruit and his club choices were weird. BUT if anything hes experienced a fair bit, should be a young hardened pro now. But yeah he struggled at victory, more so the speed of the game. Otherwise id happily welcome a good no-nonsense CB. Over lads over playing their hand from the back.

26 minutes ago, mack said:

He's spent most of his career in the 5th tier in England.

Apparently he doesn't mind taking a penalty.

Might be a cheap replacement for Hamill as our 3rd choice central defender.

He spent 2 seasons there where he appears to have performed well. He then moved to Serie C where also performed well.

If reports are true that Serie A clubs were interested then I’d says he’s probably improving.

I wouldn’t be so willing to write him off as a dud until we see him.

46 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Seems to me with recent signings we have been doing well attracting Aussies playing overseas to come back and join the club.  What do you think?

Yea it seems so.. MB might be wanting to find the aussie talent overseas as he doesn't rate the players that have done circles in the HAL for our team next season is what me thinks?

Bring on Chapman! lol

I have a feeling we will be surprised in a good way by the marquees we sign for next season which is exciting to think about even what has come about this season..

He spent 2 seasons there where he appears to have performed well. He then moved to Serie C where also performed well.

If reports are true that Serie A clubs were interested then I’d says he’s probably improving.

Agreed, looks like he can play CDM/CM as well! Give him a shot to see what three years playing in Europe can do and if he comes on the cheap even better

Won't rate him till a forum member chimes in and mentions their cousin played with him in U16 and he's alright and a good kid.:xnod:

19 minutes ago, mack said:

I'm not saying he's a dud but evidence suggests he hasn't been much better than Hamill/Golec etc and that he is probably a bench player if he stays for next season.

Two very full seasons in england then captaincy in serie C? I don’t see Golec achieving that. He got ousted from a semi pro university team in korea

I'm looking at it more from the angle that if Ziggy gets his citizenship Babbel is going to have a very hard look at finding a foreign CB to play alongside him. That would push GG (I'm not looking forward to having to type up his name in match reports) to the bench.

How much has he played in the RB/DM positions? If he could do a job as a midfield destroyer that could be helpful.

1 hour ago, mack said:

I'm looking at it more from the angle that if Ziggy gets his citizenship Babbel is going to have a very hard look at finding a foreign CB to play alongside him. That would push GG (I'm not looking forward to having to type up his name in match reports) to the bench.

How much has he played in the RB/DM positions? If he could do a job as a midfield destroyer that could be helpful.

A utility that can play across most of the back line would be great.

I believe he started life and converted to CB in his second club in england

37 minutes ago, mack said:

That would push GG (I'm not looking forward to having to type up his name in match reports) to the bench.

Simply copy and paste, it's your best option. 

Giancarlo gallifuoco

Giancarlo gallifuoco

Giancarlo gallifuoco

Edited by Jefski
Addition

I'm convinced that JT along with the current rot call JP have taken this club to hell. so typical of the backwards a league. We signed a has been called GG (no where after all these years except Sutherland sharks) . We are left with a few games and unlikely to make the final 6 unless we go down the nrl parth way.  I am sure we have reserves and academies so that one day they will play for the senior team.  what an opportunity to play our 19-20 years olds.  however dumba$$ JP brings in one of his other not performaing victory players.  at lease have the hide to scout some local npl players unless u use the youngsters. good help wsw when the other team comes in two years.

8 minutes ago, Tshirt said:

I'm convinced that JT along with the current rot call JP have taken this club to hell. so typical of the backwards a league. We signed a has been called GG (no where after all these years except Sutherland sharks) . We are left with a few games and unlikely to make the final 6 unless we go down the nrl parth way.  I am sure we have reserves and academies so that one day they will play for the senior team.  what an opportunity to play our 19-20 years olds.  however dumba$$ JP brings in one of his other not performaing victory players.  at lease have the hide to scout some local npl players unless u use the youngsters. good help wsw when the other team comes in two years.

We have been using a majority of youth players the whole season. He has played in Europe the last few years and although he wasn't incredible, he could bring his experience and be a good utility player. It's especially good that he can play multiple positions on the pitch. IF he plays well in the next few games he could earn himself a contract for next season. He isn't really a has been either, he is still only 25 and has a good few years to reach his prime/potential. We will have to wait and see!