mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

6 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

As long as he doesn’t take minutes from Tass then all good. If he plays for JOD all good 

Tass is probably off to the Olyroos camp anyway. Probably Russell as well.

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

Has the fact that the u23 AFC championships are on & we’ll lose a large chunk of our squad?

2 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Has the fact that the u23 AFC championships are on & we’ll lose a large chunk of our squad?

Probably Russell, Tass, Baccus, Cordier, Grozos (though he hasn't played for the first team, there was a picture of him in training today), don't think Majok will

O'Doherty could have been going before the injury.

12 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The blokes built like a brick shithouse - we need more of these units!! Bring him on haha

Might be better than Hamill.;)

49 minutes ago, hughsey said:

The blokes built like a brick shithouse - we need more of these units!! Bring him on haha

So... return of Piovaccari, anyone?

2 minutes ago, mack said:

He was just shithouse.

Back of the net 

you put that open goal away 

far better than Pio ever did 

13 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Him and Mahazi?

Maybe Grozos is back fit and ready to be an option 

Jesus Christ, we have 1 fit DM and literally one CB... amazing

6 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Maybe Grozos is back fit and ready to be an option 

Yeah or Tokich?

Where is the latest injury report as i cannot find it on the club site

Not sure why some are worried he is taking someone's spot. He was signed as an injury replacement for JOD because we've been light in that position all season.

With Baccus, Tas and Majok gone for Round 22, we need a damn midfielder. Expect to see some other NYL players make the squad too I guess.

GG will be playing for a contract for next season and might help solve the puzzle of decent Aussie players we need to fill the squad with. The fact he can play across the backline and in midfield makes him a handy acquisition - if he is good enough.

18 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

Yeah or Tokich?

Where is the latest injury report as i cannot find it on the club site

From round 20 in & outs from 2 weeks ago

Unavailable: 

18.Marc TOKICH (injury – four weeks), 24.Patrick ZIEGLER (injured – six weeks), 27.Kwame YEBOAH (injured – two weeks)

O'Doherty & Ziggy out for the season.

17 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Two very full seasons in england then captaincy in serie C? I don’t see Golec achieving that. He got ousted from a semi pro university team in korea

Oh come on be fair....he set up Tomi's goal to win the first leg of the ACL final and he also.....um....well ok that's all he ever did that i can recall but that i will never forget😉

2 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

New Contract incoming?

But for which club?

30 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

But for which club?

I know this will ruffle some feathers but hopefully us. If he’s extended his contract, hopefully it’s with a big fat pay cut, so we can spend bigger inside the cap. His injury record doesn’t demand much of a salary. 

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

I know this will ruffle some feathers but hopefully us. If he’s extended his contract, hopefully it’s with a big fat pay cut, so we can spend bigger inside the cap. His injury record doesn’t demand much of a salary. 

Agreed. He will be good if he has better players around him. And plus everyone plays especially dirty on him because the other players know he is the only player that can create a huge threat and so immediately shut him down.

46 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Agreed. He will be good if he has better players around him. And plus everyone plays especially dirty on him because the other players know he is the only player that can create a huge threat and so immediately shut him down.

If BJ is one of our marquees next year we are in big trouble . There are no better players , he is supposed to be the better player and so far he has done SFA apart from get injured . 

Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

If BJ is one of our marquees next year we are in big trouble . There are no better players , he is supposed to be the better player and so far he has done SFA apart from get injured . 

Frustrating one..he clearly has the quality to be one of the best HAL players. But he is here rather than Europe because he is crocked...how many games would we get out of him next season...not enough i suspect.

Now watch him sign for another club,  never miss a game and rip it up.

Edited by Smoggy

19 minutes ago, TheSweeper said:

His not on marquee money this season so i cannot see us giving him marquee money for next season especially with his injury being as it is

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Frustrating one..he clearly has the quality to be one of the best HAL players. But he is here rather than Europe because he is crocked...how many games would we get out of him next season...not enough i suspect.

Now watch him sign for another club,  never miss a game and rip it up.

Its a hard one as its been said before we cannot have two visa players taking a single spot, unless Roly continues to play out on the wing we need to choose to either keep ABJ or Roly or get rid of both and find a new visa CAM (Perhaps Marquee)?

Also where should we spend our Marquees on for next season? ST & CDM/CM?

Remember GC trialling and getting a year contract at Swansea City about 5 years ago, started like a train, then released for whatever reason and Spurs picked him up.

5 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah this. I don't think i can remember many players getting hacked down as often per number of minutes played than this bloke. You have to wonder if some of the injury issues are related to A league refs not protecting the forwards who get that kind of attention....but i guess that ain't gonna change so unsure how ABJ will go in the future for us if we re-sign him.

I want Craig Moore at WSW in any capacity.

He's from the 2767. Westside / badboys for life etc etc.

Or because if anyone understands what it's like to come from a working class background trying to make it in football it's Craig, I watched him from Doonside Hawks Under 8-1's to captaining the Socceroos.