Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

1 minute ago, wswnick said:

Brad Smith is off loan with Seattle Sounders in June 2019, but still contracted till June 2020 with Bournemouth. Could be a decent loan option with opportunity to sign permanently after that, but he could be on decent money still...

He’s have to be outside the cap wouldn’t he? I thought a large portion of the parent team wage counted to the cap despite what you spend on them.  Victory caused that hole to get shut a few years ago.

If Bournemouth release him he is easily obtainable. He’s played less than 20 professional games at the age of 24. If he has hopes of returning to the Roos he needs park time.

His stock dropped significantly at Sounders where he lost his spot after a small injury. Can’t see anyone but a league 1 side touching him if he can’t cut the mustard in the MLS

12 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Smith is currently on loan at Seattle Sounders I believe from Bournemouth? Doubtful he would come back to Australia, I think Davidson or Georgevski is more likely.

Edit: Brad Smith is from Penrith, would be interesting to see if he came back. Would be a quality LB.

Ah ha, Brad Smith. That's what we need, extra pace at left back. The lack of speed on the left has cost us dearly this year.

3 hours ago, portaluppista23 said:

or even 3 4 3

vedran

tass            ziegler        bungert

valencia                                             georgievski

jedinak           baccus jr

bonevacia                               duke

klos

Is this squad development or fantasy football? Valencia is worth £6M right?

1 minute ago, portaluppista23 said:

so do people reckon we have a better chance at a crack at ribery than valencia. 

i mean ribery would be good for fan boost.

We already have quality in the stands it's on the field where it's required.

Tbh I hope we don't go down the 35 year old route as marquee. I'd rather we spend on a quality 30 year old who won't break down with injury and is on the field at 90% of the time..

1 minute ago, hughsey said:

Isn’t Ribery bat **** crazy? 

Something tells me that he would be the sort of guy to come here and feel like it’s his right to do whatever he wants 

Still looks good at his age. Came on in the 55th minute and assisted in three goals and also got MOM. 

2 minutes ago, portaluppista23 said:

The French are arrogant and up themselves so I expect he would want to perform at his best and to show Australia what he's about and from things I've read about him in the media he could stir up ESFC fans and players like that maggot brosque does to us.

So he'd be like a player and mascot! Keep him under the cap for playing and put the rest into his promotional marketing budget. Brilliant.

11 minutes ago, portaluppista23 said:

The French are arrogant and up themselves so I expect he would want to perform at his best and to show Australia what he's about and from things I've read about him in the media he could stir up ESFC fans and players like that maggot brosque does to us.

The french can also be subborn and lazy. I'm half french.

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

Isn’t Ribery bat **** crazy?

@FCB?

Ive only heard of the drama with salt bae but nothing in particular

1 hour ago, portaluppista23 said:

Ribery 35 but has a body of a 25 year old he's a fitness freak

Think you’re thinking of robben, ribbery has been permanently injured for the last few years. Pretty much hasn’t a year gone by when he hasn’t missed large chunks of every season. 

I can't see Valencia coming here. He's 33 and has a recurring calf injury that's kept him out for most of the season. I'm sure there'll be some European clubs that would want to take him and plenty back home, so taking a pay cut to hammer his calf on hard Australian pitches probably isn't a priority. Also I can't see him getting the FFA marquee fund because he's super shy and hardly does any interviews, to the point where there were rumors (subsequently shown to be false) that he still hasn't learned how to speak English.

Talking about Ribery here is fantasy football. It is much more realistic looking at someone like Fabian Klos, CF playing in BL2, and coming off contract at the end of the season. Unless it is too soon to post videos of random Germans: ask yourself if a BL2 grade CF has the goods to cut it in the HAL. For me the answer is a definite "yes", and that's the kind of player I am hoping for.

34 minutes ago, FCB said:

Talking about Ribery here is fantasy football. It is much more realistic looking at someone like Fabian Klos, CF playing in BL2, and coming off contract at the end of the season. Unless it is too soon to post videos of random Germans: ask yourself if a BL2 grade CF has the goods to cut it in the HAL. For me the answer is a definite "yes", and that's the kind of player I am hoping for.

Is that they guy I found?

2 hours ago, FCB said:

31 gets you 2-4 years out of him. Heclearly knows where the back of the net is. Definitely the kind of guy I’d want us to pay over the odds for to get.

FFA welcomes changes to the skilled occupation lists

Football Federation Australia (FFA) today welcomed the decision by the federal government to change the status of the occupation ‘Footballer’ on the Skilled Migration Occupation List, as one that will greatly benefit the sport.

In a review of the list, which forms part of the framework of the Temporary Skill Shortage (TSS) Visa, ‘Footballer’ has been moved from the Short-Term Skilled Occupation List (STSOL) to the Medium and Long-Term Strategic Skills List (MLTSSL), following extensive discussions between the government and FFA.

FFA Chief Executive David Gallop AM said the change is an extremely important one for football.

“With the introduction of the TSS Visa in March 2018, foreign players could only be granted a two-year visa, with one opportunity for renewal for a further two years.

“Today’s announcement means that an initial four-year visa can be granted, with an opportunity to apply for permanent residency after three years, greatly improving the recruitment and retention of foreign players.

Gallop added: “Our clubs compete in a global marketplace for players and the attraction of a long-term lifestyle in Australia is one of the significant factors in recruiting elite foreign players.

“This decision also re-opens the pathway for foreign players to obtain Australian permanent residency, and the potential for them to become Australian citizens and available for selection for our national teams.

“The mix of foreign players with local players is important for the overall development and success of the competition. We have seen this happen with players such as Keisuke Honda, Alessandro del Piero and Thomas Broich who have provided invaluable guidance and support to young Australian players during their time here.

“FFA very much appreciates the work done by the Department of Jobs and Small Business, the office of the Minister for Home Affairs, the Hon Peter Dutton MP, and the office of the Minister for Immigration, Citizenship and Multicultural Affairs, the Hon David Coleman MP, who made the announcement today,” concluded Gallop.

Foreign players will still be able to access other visa categories for entry into Australia as they have done so in previous seasons.

Should help when it comes to attracting visa players.

5 hours ago, FCB said:

As well as scoring with his head he doesn't seem to mind which foot he uses either.

11 hours ago, FCB said:

Yeah, I'd take him. He's certainly not afraid to score goals.