Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

9 hours ago, Burztur said:

7 players between 200k to 1m is a big range. The rule of sevens is a fiction. Where does a player earning $175k sit? 

Lol where does it say a million? It says ‘and more’. They’re general brackets, don’t get too concerned by the limitations dude. It’s a general rule. Considering most clubs have structured this way in the past, is say you’re wrong.

9 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Lol where does it say a million? It says ‘and more’. They’re general brackets, don’t get too concerned by the limitations dude. It’s a general rule. Considering most clubs have structured this way in the past, is say you’re wrong.

Well and more is even greater than a million. I'm just saying that this 'general rule' isn't really a rule. It's just how things have panned out and shouldn't be used as any real measure. Considering that you can salary cap bank etc, marquees, loyalty players etc - you shouldn't be using this as a general rule. 

- Bridgey is a no brainer to hold onto for me. Knows the aleague back to front and offers so much experience. Along with Leigh Broxham he’s probably the most valuable squad player in the league imo

- Let Roly go. He’s not good enough to waste a foreign spot and I’m getting sick and tired of him fouling players facing their own goal. That’s a cardinal sin that you just can’t commit in football at any level. So many times he can’t help himself and the opposition are handed a get out of jail card.

- Mark Birighitti is sitting on the bench at Melb City with barely a look in unless Eugene gets injured. Until I saw him on the big screen the other night I forgot he was even there. I’d be making offers for him, he is better than Vedran on his day, in fact he’s one of the strongest keepers in the league for me 

- big strong CDM - desperately needed. We can’t keep running with two midgets, it ain’t working 

25 minutes ago, hughsey said:

- Bridgey is a no brainer to hold onto for me. Knows the aleague back to front and offers so much experience. Along with Leigh Broxham he’s probably the most valuable squad player in the league imo

- Let Roly go. He’s not good enough to waste a foreign spot and I’m getting sick and tired of him fouling players facing their own goal. That’s a cardinal sin that you just can’t commit in football at any level. So many times he can’t help himself and the opposition are handed a get out of jail card.

- Mark Birighitti is sitting on the bench at Melb City with barely a look in unless Eugene gets injured. Until I saw him on the big screen the other night I forgot he was even there. I’d be making offers for him, he is better than Vedran on his day, in fact he’s one of the strongest keepers in the league for me 

- big strong CDM - desperately needed. We can’t keep running with two midgets, it ain’t working 

Last night Birighitti wasn't on the Heartle$$ Bench!

15 hours ago, Burztur said:

Well and more is even greater than a million. I'm just saying that this 'general rule' isn't really a rule. It's just how things have panned out and shouldn't be used as any real measure. Considering that you can salary cap bank etc, marquees, loyalty players etc - you shouldn't be using this as a general rule. 

General dude, general. That means there’s always exclusions and variables. No ones is paying cap players a million bucks, that’s a ridiculous hypothetical. Banking is minimal, as is loyalty. What’s 7+7+7? 21 - doesn’t include marquees. It’s a system referred to by one of the leagues most successful coaches, reckon I’ll take direction from him before some bloke on a forum.

How do you think birraz would look at the situation Mack? Easily a HAL starter, and he’s facing a second season on the bench at the age of 27. Eugene, in his current form, is likely to keep his spot going forwarding. Could be something in it. In the end Vedran does his job, he’s had two brain farts and a few missed passes but he just needs his confidence back

3 hours ago, Upthehill said:

How do you think birraz would look at the situation Mack? Easily a HAL starter, and he’s facing a second season on the bench at the age of 27. Eugene, in his current form, is likely to keep his spot going forwarding. Could be something in it. In the end Vedran does his job, he’s had two brain farts and a few missed passes but he just needs his confidence back

There's only 1 spot on a team for a keeper, any time a keeper signs for a club they risk not playing for long stretches of time. But that's what they pay you for potentially. We also have heard anything in public from Birighitti or his agents (through a friendly media ear) indicating he's rustling to leave.

We also would need to clear out Nizic or Vedran (or accept wasting 3 squad spots on keepers), both of whom have contracts for next season (and Vedran, for well beyond it). It'd also have to mean that City don't just send him back to Europe on loan instead of releasing him.

The only way I'd even start to think it might happen is if we start reading articles about Birghitti wanting to leave.

13 minutes ago, mack said:

There's only 1 spot on a team for a keeper, any time a keeper signs for a club they risk not playing for long stretches of time. But that's what they pay you for potentially. We also have heard anything in public from Birighitti or his agents (through a friendly media ear) indicating he's rustling to leave.

We also would need to clear out Nizic or Vedran (or accept wasting 3 squad spots on keepers), both of whom have contracts for next season (and Vedran, for well beyond it). It'd also have to mean that City don't just send him back to Europe on loan instead of releasing him.

The only way I'd even start to think it might happen is if we start reading articles about Birghitti wanting to leave.

I think it was a complete hypothetical. Any talk of him coming is purely conjecture. As is every single discussion in this thread, since we’ve not been linked with a single player. In fact I’ve seen you post a few pages back about players who’ve not implied a move at all lol

14 hours ago, Upthehill said:

General dude, general. That means there’s always exclusions and variables. No ones is paying cap players a million bucks, that’s a ridiculous hypothetical. Banking is minimal, as is loyalty. What’s 7+7+7? 21 - doesn’t include marquees. It’s a system referred to by one of the leagues most successful coaches, reckon I’ll take direction from him before some bloke on a forum.

The million dollars figure was to highlight the general rule is something arbitrary. Again, what happens to a player on 175k? where do they sit in the 7,7,7 rule?

Anyway, I'm just being nit picky since the rule doesn't add up when you first read it.

Edited by Burztur
17 hours ago, mack said:

Zero hope of getting Birighitti, The entire point of City giving him a 3 year deal is because they want him after Galekovic retires or falls out of form before leaving.

Can see what you’re saying but He doesn’t want to be sitting on the bench regardless of what he’s being paid, especially if he has ambitions to go OS again in the future. At the same time MC bought him as a starting keeper, they don’t want their money (decent coin you’d think) tied up with someone sitting on the bench. 

Tbh it’s a similar situation to a couple of our guys. 

2 hours ago, Burztur said:

The million dollars figure was to highlight the general rule is something arbitrary. Again, what happens to a player on 175k? where do they sit in the 7,7,7 rule?

Anyway, I'm just being nit picky since the rule doesn't add up when you first read it.

It’s a quote from Arnie, mate. If he didn’t rattle off the brackets perfectly, take it up with him. 

It doesn’t matter where they fit. It’s a general guideline, I’ve already said this. I don’t think you understand what a ‘rule’ is in this context, so this discussion is absolutely pointless.

Moving on, did hear from a friend Vidosic has his resume all over linked in again. Worth round two on the carousel?