Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

4 hours ago, Taurus said:
N8-slr9H_bigger.jpgBilly Eid: So @giange94 has reportedly turned down a contract extension.. Shame thought he would of made a good long term player #WSW #WSWvMVC

tTx4hZ0o_bigger.jpgGiancarlo GallifuocoVerified account @giange94 In the wise words of Donald trump , this is “fake news” my man.

Update

tTx4hZ0o_bigger.jpgGiancarlo GallifuocoVerified account @giange94
FollowingFollowing @giange94
More

Been an incredible end of season, thank you all for making me feel so welcome 🔴⚫️🔴⚫️ im sure next season we will get what we deserve 💪🏽 ⚽️ 🏃‍♂️ 💨

D5Nz8GUU0AAQ4nV.jpg
3:13 PM - 28 Apr 2019
7 hours ago, Taurus said:

MB's use of English has improved to the point where his inner thoughts are being conveyed via his comments to the media.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/alexander-baumjohann-and-oriol-riera-wont-return-to-the-western-sydney-wanderers/news-story/1f000195461b13869f9700253f18c4d5?fbclid=IwAR18B1IwyKTKAYu3N7sLM57WbV5WQli-CER_7jD5BkA6aMd4Y1MNAEeeTFE

Babbel says changes are needed at the club after another disappointing season and he is on the lookout for specific players to bring in.

“Hardworking players, this is what the people want to see. This is what we need to have success — really hardworking players, but also skilful players,” he said.

:clapping:

He also made reference to "players who want to play for this club, who want to give 100% for success".

How does a manager know if an Australian player wants to play for WSW, wants to give 100% for success, is hardworking, skillful? The manager would need to know them, or about them, to be confident enough.

MB has worked with Juric, Ruka, Bozanic (no idea if he rates or rated them, or if they are available), the club knows Spira and Vidosic (no idea how JT etc feel about them), JP would know about the odd VIC and Jets player. Surely one or two of them would have to be on the shopping list?

24 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Best case 

Is this potentially career ending? I experienced a similar injury many moons ago as a young man at the AIS (track cycling not sokka) and was told that I would be considered a liability and I needed to explore my options.

6 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Is this potentially career ending? I experienced a similar injury many moons ago as a young man at the AIS (track cycling not sokka) and was told that I would be considered a liability and I needed to explore my options.

Age is on his side and my understanding is it’s a routine ACL rupture. So no, it shouldn’t be career threatening unless there were additional complications or issues with surgery 

Agree plenty come back from ACL’s all the time. As long as you do your rehab properly & make sure you do all your prehab to ensure that you’ve done as much possible to prevent another rupture. Plenty of players come back but are they the same player they were beforehand? Never know.

2 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Despite the advances in medical science & surgery an ACL is still something that can end a career. The chances are much better for the player now though. It wasn't until the mid 90's that it really became something that could be repaired in a manner that would put a player back to something resembling their pre-injury career. 

3 hours ago, FCB said:

He also made reference to "players who want to play for this club, who want to give 100% for success".

How does a manager know if an Australian player wants to play for WSW, wants to give 100% for success, is hardworking, skillful? The manager would need to know them, or about them, to be confident enough.

MB has worked with Juric, Ruka, Bozanic (no idea if he rates or rated them, or if they are available), the club knows Spira and Vidosic (no idea how JT etc feel about them), JP would know about the odd VIC and Jets player. Surely one or two of them would have to be on the shopping list?

Babbel said in an interview back in February this year that Juric is a "top guy". I do recall reading somewhere that FC Luzern have told Juric to train alone so we may expect him to leave at the end of this season.

Babbel doesn't see Juric returning to Australia and think he should look at playing for an English or German club and last time they spoke, Juric mentioned he wanted to "stay in Europe" but who knows when they last spoke and maybe things could changed?

I couldn't find any details on what he says about Ruka & Bozanic. Ruka's contract ends with Maccabi Haifa at the end of June. Bozanic's contract is till 2020 so scrap him joining us (unless Scottish club Hearts give him up on loan?). 

14 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

Tore my ACL and meniscus in one go, teammates next to me heard the snap, surgeon said “not much more damage I could have done to it” . I was 26, came back after 14 months. Never the same. Some 18 years later and it still doesn’t feel as good as my other knee

14 hours ago, FCB said:

I presume JP was heavily involved in the signings of Mahazi and GG based on his prior knowledge of both players. Does that give us any confidence in his future recommendations?  Or do we just accept there was nothing better available with or without that knowledge? 

1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

I presume JP was heavily involved in the signings of Mahazi and GG based on his prior knowledge of both players. Does that give us any confidence in his future recommendations?  Or do we just accept there was nothing better available with or without that knowledge? 

We signed Mahazi because he was an ex A-League player who counted outside the squad & salary cap.

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Brendan Hamill 
Giancarlo Gallifuoco (Injury Replacement for O'Doherty)
Marc Tokich (U21)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio
John Roberts (U21)

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Mitch Duke
Nicholas Suman (U21)
Tarek Elrich
Tate Russel (U21)
Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21)

Expiring Year 2020/21
Fabian Monge (U21)
Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Nick Fitzgerald
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Keanu Baccus
Vedran Janjetovic

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
2 of 5 Foreign Players
0 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of up to 20 First Team players, with a requirement for 3 players aged 20 or younger (U21).
15 of 20 First Team Contracts
6 U21 Contracts - Minimum 3 required

Note: Rashid Mahazi is a "Mature Age Rookie", who is not included in the salary or squad caps.

11 minutes ago, mack said:

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Brendan Hamill 
Giancarlo Gallifuoco (Injury Replacement for O'Doherty)
Marc Tokich (U21)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio
John Roberts (U21)

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Mitch Duke
Nicholas Suman (U21)
Tarek Elrich
Tate Russel (U21)
Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21)

Expiring Year 2020/21
Fabian Monge (U21)
Jordan O'Doherty
Kosta Grozos
Kwame Yeboah
Nick Fitzgerald
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign)

Expiring Year 2021/22
Keanu Baccus
Vedran Janjetovic

Special Player Limitations (As part of overall squad cap)
2 of 5 Foreign Players
0 of 2 Marquee Position (Wage not included in Salary Cap)

A-League squad comprised of up to 20 First Team players, with a requirement for 3 players aged 20 or younger (U21).
15 of 20 First Team Contracts
6 U21 Contracts - Minimum 3 required

Note: Rashid Mahazi is a "Mature Age Rookie", who is not included in the salary or squad caps.

Will Mahazi still be a Mature Age Rookie next season?