Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

On 09/01/2019 at 9:19 AM, lloydy136 said:

Of those about to come off contract.....

Need to sign Baumjohann to 2 year extension.

Keep baccus on multi year deal as well.

Keep hamill but only if it is as 3rd CB.

Haven't seen enough of tokich but others rate him so he is worth a look.

The others - 'free to pursue other opportunities.'

If Tokich a) doesn't play against Reds and b) does not play reasonably well then we won't be a wanderers player next season.

49 minutes ago, FCB said:

If Tokich a) doesn't play against Reds and b) does not play reasonably well then we won't be a wanderers player next season.

What a dissapointment.

When he was at the AIS / FFA COE some were talking him up as potentially the biggest deal since Viduka & Kewell.

Edited by hawks2767

So Melbourne City are keeping Fornaroli at club till end of season when his contract runs out. They don't want him going to a top 6 rival this season.

They are happy to pay his wages and put him in storage till then.

Should the Wanderers get him for the new season?

He's much more mobile and skillful than Riera.

Thoughts?

Tokich hasn't even turned 20 yet. He'll still qualify for an U21 position next year, so I can't see the club letting him go so soon. That's assuming of course he doesn't leave to find gametime. He trialled in Germany before he joined us, and might decide to go back, I assume he has European passport of some kind.

Hasnt Tokich been on and off injured? That's the only thing that makes sense with him having good bench appearances to not being used ahead of mahazi.

Nichols is done. Babbel/JT wouldn't risk bringing him into the squad for next year. We need better players than those that were potentially good 8 years ago.

Edited by Erebus
27 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Hasnt Tokich been on and off injured? That's the only thing that makes sense with him having good bench appearances to not being used ahead of mahazi.

Nichols is done. Babbel/JT wouldn't risk bringing him into the squad for next year. We need better players than those that were potentially good 8 years ago.

Wouldn’t shock me if he gets an injury replacement contract with us then signs early for one of the new clubs. Can we just tape his mouth shut for a few weeks? Or plug up his nostrils at least?

There are a lot of top class strikers coming off contract at the end of the season...

I wonder how Babbel can influence Max Kruse to come to the Wanderers for next season...

Agreed that Fornaroli will be a good option for clubs next season as he is a proven goal scorer in the league and he has proven it for more than one season but now that he has his aussie citizenship i think clubs may try to offer him as close as possible to marquee money without signing him as a marquee which leaves that spot open for a visa marquee to sign though prob only VIC have enough money to make that happen?

2 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

Agreed that Fornaroli will be a good option for clubs next season as he is a proven goal scorer in the league and he has proven it for more than one season but now that he has his aussie citizenship i think clubs may try to offer him as close as possible to marquee money without signing him as a marquee which leaves that spot open for a visa marquee to sign though prob only VIC have enough money to make that happen?

Marquee is basically your two most expensive players. The rest just need to fit in the cap.

5 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Here's an odd ball question. Do we rate Éric Bauthéac? I do like his gumption. Thoughts?

He’s pretty much exactly what we don’t need 

another winger that doesn’t score much 

11 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Wonder who we can ship off to the Mariners to free some space...

I'd start with Riera,Roly,Llorente,Hamill and as much as I have respect for him...Elrich.

7 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

What a dissapointment.

When he was at the AIS / FFA COE some were talking him up as potentially the biggest deal since Viduka & Kewell.

Grozos > daylight > Baccus Jnr > daylight > Tokich