Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

7 minutes ago, scarcev said:

I've played and coached for 45 years, am certainly not a keeper but if you wish to shed any light on why any keeper in the world at any level would of done what Vedran did please do tell me.  With 30 seconds to go there is simply no reason for playing at that ball.  Let it go, take your time getting it back then pump it up the park and we win.  There is no reason to touch that ball.

All I can think is that he's taken the coaches advice to play with confidence too literally, and it's backfired horribly as he's out of form and has lost his timing a lot this season. Only thing that pissed me was the "whatev's" attitude after the mistake. It was the wrong way to set up mentally for the corner to come, and has on balance made him look like a complete tool.

He’s always been prone to stupid mistake, he did for the other lot against us. 

This year he’s had 3 in close succession for mine this was the worst the other 2 he thought he could get the ball, this was just lack of concentration 

not His fault the club gave him a long contract

Edited by StringerBellend

the problem is too many mistakes while not making a lot of amazing saves, look at covic he did some dumbarse stuff i remember during a derby where he did a really stupid mistake which cost us but at the same time he didnt get sent off for it, but at the same time the guy made some legendary saves while vedran doesn have that same quality

Our Gk stocks are in a pretty sad state atm

Vedran's focus isn't on the pitch, hence the consistent errors coming to the fore into his game. 

Not sure whether Suman has fully recovered his confidence, after he suffered a couple of head knocks towards the latter part of last season.

Nizic is sitting in the grandstand watching the NYL play in an electrical storm.

Greenwood was rested yesterday, who knows he may have to keep the bench warm on Friday.

3 hours ago, scarcev said:

I've played and coached for 45 years, am certainly not a keeper but if you wish to shed any light on why any keeper in the world at any level would of done what Vedran did please do tell me.  With 30 seconds to go there is simply no reason for playing at that ball.  Let it go, take your time getting it back then pump it up the park and we win.  There is no reason to touch that ball.

Well you yourself said Vedran was either being a smartass or punting against his team. That's a stupid thing to say for a guy that's played and coaches the game for 45 years - shows a lack of understanding. 

5 hours ago, wendybr said:

Redmayne had no confidence with us...for a combination of reasons. Permanently looked scared. And from the stands, we reinforced that lack of confidence...most of us felt it (compare that with how we felt about Ante).

Playing in a successful team...with strong defence and a never say die mentality...along with other things you guys would know more about than I do...has boosted his confidence, and dramatically improved his performance.

My 2 cents worth anyway.

Redmayne was the same (lack of confidence) at both Brisbane and, more infamously, at Heart. IMO the big change was that the original keeper coach who first nurtured him at CCM was working for Arnie at SFC.

4 hours ago, matty said:

Well you yourself said Vedran was either being a smartass or punting against his team. That's a stupid thing to say for a guy that's played and coaches the game for 45 years - shows a lack of understanding. 

Well educate me, why did he go near that ball? Tell me.  There is no other reason that I can think of as to why a keeper in that situation would play at the ball, and yes that is with 45 years experience.

2 hours ago, Swarth said:

can we offload 90% of the team? :P

We don't need to offload 90% of the team. 

We need a striker who can score goals...with his feet not just his head.

A tough as they come defender in the NTS mould.......

......., and a midfielder who can boss the middle and set up play.

We have been the architects of our own demise with stupid U8 mistakes.....eliminate the stupid errors, bring in some experience and we will be contenders.

30 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Well educate me, why did he go near that ball? Tell me.  There is no other reason that I can think of as to why a keeper in that situation would play at the ball, and yes that is with 45 years experience.

You both have valid points I’ll meet you in the middle 

Vedran was doing it because his theory by touching the ball he forces an attacker to come to the ball and makes him gather and kick 

in Vedran ****ed up thinking he believes this wastes more time but I really don’t see how it does 

in reality it doesn’t... the roar player would have come within say 5 seconds and then he has to pickup and play it within what is the rule 8 seconds or something 

if he lets it go, from the time it goes out and he ball boy gives him Another ball  he can take easy 20 seconds to put the ball down walk back and punt it 

so vedrans theory is **** 

he also should have had his body behind the ball and let it hit him instead of playing at it with his foot so he’s technique and mindset is farked 

this is why (given the season is well and truely over) he needs to be sent to the stands and rot. 

If it was his first brainsnap so be it but it’s not it’s like his 3rd

A season long benching can mean only good things - 

1 - he thinks maybe I should **** off 

2 - he realises this **** is no longer on and next season I need to be ready and focussed every game 

3 - he sees once again babbel has no problem chucking in kids and makes him think about point 2 more 

Edited by GunnerWanderer

Bozza has come out today and stated he this janjetovic needs an extended break from the game, not a couple of weeks but longer than that. Coming from the best keeper this country has produced(off field antics excluded)  interesting to see how this plays out. I don’t believe he’s good enough for us to be challenging for a title.

9 hours ago, Taurus said:

Our Gk stocks are in a pretty sad state atm

Vedran's focus isn't on the pitch, hence the consistent errors coming to the fore into his game. 

Not sure whether Suman has fully recovered his confidence, after he suffered a couple of head knocks towards the latter part of last season.

Nizic is sitting in the grandstand watching the NYL play in an electrical storm.

Greenwood was rested yesterday, who knows he may have to keep the bench warm on Friday.

You saying Vedrans mind isn’t on the pitch concerns me greatly. I’m sorry if the guy has personal issues right now but we aren’t a park team and we definitely aren’t a support group. He’ll find fans are 100% behind him if he said he needed a compassion break, but a teams season can’t be sunk by issues like this.

Sorry to hear that’s Sumans problem, but he needs to go sort it quickly. If you let the fear settle, you’ll never get your mojo back.

Nizic can go do whatever tf he likes, his future doesn’t lie in professional football. At least not at this level.

7 minutes ago, Xfactor said:

Bozza has come out today and stated he this janjetovic needs an extended break from the game, not a couple of weeks but longer than that. Coming from the best keeper this country has produced(off field antics excluded)  interesting to see how this plays out. I don’t believe he’s good enough for us to be challenging for a title.

Bozak knows something that we don't about what troubling the snake. 

14 hours ago, Paul01 said:

I know for a young keeper he is doing well but you know, "Lies, Damn Lies and Statistics"

Suman

3.0 goals conceded per game

4.5 saves per game

Janjetovic 

1.75 goals goals concedes per game 

3.0 saves per game.

The fact that he’s making more saves per game means his having more hit at him. How does that not reinforce why I’m saying? Putt Ziggy in front of Suman, this ratios will start to match up

It might be that he's worried about a new occurrence of his nerve injury that kept him out of football for nearly a year and stopped him from getting signed to SFC on a senior deal. 

SFC fans and their forum have always cast doubt on his "personal reasons" issue that saw that swap deal with Redmayne in the first place. Maybe whatever he had then has come back. The SFC fans just think he didn't want to be second choice behind Vukovic.

45 minutes ago, mack said:

It might be that he's worried about a new occurrence of his nerve injury that kept him out of football for nearly a year and stopped him from getting signed to SFC on a senior deal. 

SFC fans and their forum have always cast doubt on his "personal reasons" issue that saw that swap deal with Redmayne in the first place. Maybe whatever he had then has come back. The SFC fans just think he didn't want to be second choice behind Vukovic.

I think it was true though.

My understanding was he wanted out of there a season earlier and was convinced to stay. Then Vuka turned up and he pushed his way out. Considering his injury disappeared the instant he signed for us, I reckon they were right 

4 hours ago, scarcev said:

45 years huh :p

He was obviously in two minds. His initial reaction was to let it run out untouched. Obviously the way to go. In the back of his mind he was thinking that he could trap it - without his hands, and waste more time by then waiting for opposition players to force him to pick it up. That's what I was actually thinking as I watched it live "he could trap that and waste more time". As a keeper I've been in similar situations many times. 

It was a difficult ball to trap considering it was bouncing the way it was but of he got his body behind it he would have been fine. 

He got stuck in two minds, he ****ed it. 

9 hours ago, Upthehill said:

You saying Vedrans mind isn’t on the pitch concerns me greatly. I’m sorry if the guy has personal issues right now but we aren’t a park team and we definitely aren’t a support group. He’ll find fans are 100% behind him if he said he needed a compassion break, but a teams season can’t be sunk by issues like this.

Sorry to hear that’s Sumans problem, but he needs to go sort it quickly. If you let the fear settle, you’ll never get your mojo back.

Nizic can go do whatever tf he likes, his future doesn’t lie in professional football. At least not at this level.

Vedrans issues aren't related to any medical condition, rather it's a case of priorities. He appears to have entered a new relationship & as he stated to a well known fan recently when quizzed about the teams apparent lack of effort / passion, it's only a job mate. 

Suman was stood down from training for a couple of months, to ensure the concussion related issue had been resolved. His confidence may take a while to return