Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

1 hour ago, IAmFalzon said:

was there ever a Fornaroli swap deal on the table?

Lol no.... $hity was never gonna let Forna go and parking him in the stands till his contract runs out. 

Word is esfc have a hand shake deal that is if the muppet coaching staff can keep their mouths shut as they been telling everyone. 

Just now, StringerBellend said:

We never used the second  marquee spot either 

Apparently, Lederer wants to spend on players but his other board members don't want to. This was discussed on the show that most here detest, Soccer Stoppage Time. 

I like to listen because you get to here interesting bits now and then. There is one thing that all of us can agree with Rallis, he always says Gallop is incompetent.

5 hours ago, IAmFalzon said:

was there ever a Fornaroli swap deal on the table?

Yes. Riera met with MCFC in Nov. Offer was on the table; Fornaroli for Riera. Wanderers opted against the deal in order to sell Riera this Jan as they didnt want Fornaroli. Take this with a grain of salt as my source is an admin role at one of the club

9 minutes ago, Redwog said:

Sounds like we might have 2 empty marquee spots by the end of the week. 

So Will the club 

a) get a marquee signing in for rest of season maybe win some games and get some pride back, giving us all something to enjoy 

b) get a name in to boost crowds 

c) do nothing, Bank a transfer fee and  save the wages,  as  they have our money already and everything will be fine next year in parra 

it will be c won’t it? 

Edited by StringerBellend
4 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Apparently, Lederer wants to spend on players but his other board members don't want to. This was discussed on the show that most here detest, Soccer Stoppage Time. 

I like to listen because you get to here interesting bits now and then. There is one thing that all of us can agree with Rallis, he always says Gallop is incompetent.

That explains a lot. Why can't the tightarses see it's costing them even more in the long run. ? Better calibre of players = better results = more members.

5 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

This sounds wrong. Popa crcked out the cheque book before he left. The Riera/Cejudo seaon was a massive spend by all accounts. 

IDGAF if we biy from local park leagues this season, but we return home next year. If the club doesnt spend on this next season, THEN i'll crack the shits. Our return to parra should come with a revelation

7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

From what I hear, that is correct. Lederer is in completely in and wants to see this club do well. The other board members are in to the extent of their investment. 

I, personally, can not stress how happy I am with the club off the field. Academy, owner, new stadium, corporate relationships, staff, etc. - I am quite please with. 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

So Will the club 

a) get a marquee signing in for rest of seasons maybe win some games and get some pride back, giving us all something to enjoy 

b) get a name in to boost crowds 

c) do nothing, save the wages,  as  they have our money already and everything will be fine next year in parra 

it will be c won’t it? 

d) none of the above...as Babbel is the supercoach regardless of who is in the squad.( no offence meant to the manager )

3 minutes ago, spectacular291 said:

From what I hear, that is correct. Lederer is in completely in and wants to see this club do well. The other board members are in to the extent of their investment. 

I, personally, can not stress how happy I am with the club off the field. Academy, owner, new stadium, corporate relationships, staff, etc. - I am quite please with. 

What about Tsatsimas?

Are his hands over the poor recruitment?

Why don't we keep one visa spot open till January,  in case we need one?

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

What about Tsatsimas?

Are his hands over the poor recruitment?

Why don't we keep one visa spot open till January,  in case we need one?

My understanding in Jt runs local recruitment. 

Re Pt3 - weve never had spare foreign spots. This off season might be the exclusion. Lets see

6 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I meant if we had done that for the last 3 seasons, not simply this season.

Hearing you. Despite constsnt turn over weve never allowed for this. Our aussie contingent this seaspn does.

Next season is:
Kamau, Duke, Yeboah on the wings
Foreign mids (Grozos takes a spot)
Foreign CB+ Aussie Pat
Aussie wingbacks

If we can get an aussie at St, midfield or CB, we can save a foreiogn spot

2 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Yes. Riera met with MCFC in Nov. Offer was on the table; Fornaroli for Riera. Wanderers opted against the deal in order to sell Riera this Jan as they didnt want Fornaroli. Take this with a grain of salt as my source is an admin role at one of the club

Might be because we have signed Bobo for next season ?

2 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Hearing you. Despite constsnt turn over weve never allowed for this. Our aussie contingent this seaspn does.

Next season is:
Kamau, Duke, Yeboah on the wings
Foreign mids (Grozos takes a spot)
Foreign CB+ Aussie Pat
Aussie wingbacks

If we can get an aussie at St, midfield or CB, we can save a foreiogn spot

Grozos, Tokich & Monge will be the basis of our local midfield players in coming years.

KB's future is less settled 

1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Grozos, Tokich & Monge will be the basis of our local midfield players in coming years.

Agreed. So much so that I would play Tokich and bench Baccus. Tokich is a gun and a future star whilst KB is becoming a liability with his watward passes, yellow/red cards and suspensions.

5 hours ago, Jefski said:

Agreed. So much so that I would play Tokich and bench Baccus. Tokich is a gun and a future star whilst KB is becoming a liability with his watward passes, yellow/red cards and suspensions.

6 hours ago, Taurus said:

Monge looked better last game than he did last year's NYL GF. Looks like he beefed up a bit so wasn't as easily knocked off the ball.  He certainly batted off more blue elbows than our A-league team does.

Baccus has become a bit like Jedinak guaranteed yellow card but always giving the Roos some umph.