Jump to content

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2


Recommended Posts

22 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

You are missing Yeboah he’s 20/21 seasons 

from those expiring at end of this season 

keep

tokich

roberts

Baccus

maybe 

abj 

From the rest we need to try and mutual consent Nizic and Fitzgerald 

If Baccus is happy to play for league minimum than yes a penny more **** off 

im inclined to say resign no one except tokich 

Roberts if he is cheap 

also need mutual consent with Vedran, kamau, Elrich 

that would give us around 16/17 players to sign

babbel needs 70% of the squad flushed so then he can do his thing 

that’s working on assumption we are all in on babbel 

Edited by GunnerWanderer
Link to post
35 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

If Baccus is happy to play for league minimum than yes a penny more **** off 

im inclined to say resign no one except tokich 

Roberts if he is cheap 

also need mutual consent with Vedran, kamau, Elrich 

that would give us around 16/17 players to sign

babbel needs 70% of the squad flushed so then he can do his thing 

that’s working on assumption we are all in on babbel 

16 players would be a huge mountain to climb from a recruitment perspective. If Ziggy gets his papers then we can grab 5 foreigners, that bit is simple. But 12 new Aussies is going to be steep. Don’t forget WMG is on the prowl right now too, so it’s safe to assume they’ll grab up some of the good options.

Heres to hoping Babbel has got in the ear of some of the available Aussies. We need two really solid Aussies to compliment the foreign recruitment

Link to post
30 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

16 players would be a huge mountain to climb from a recruitment perspective. If Ziggy gets his papers then we can grab 5 foreigners, that bit is simple. But 12 new Aussies is going to be steep. Don’t forget WMG is on the prowl right now too, so it’s safe to assume they’ll grab up some of the good options.

Heres to hoping Babbel has got in the ear of some of the available Aussies. We need two really solid Aussies to compliment the foreign recruitment

I would say that we need 5 new Aussies to go with the 5 new foreigners. It wouldn't be hard to achieve. Add those 10 new players to the 4 ones we have already in Ziegler (should be an Aussie soon?), Yeboah, Fitzgerald and Duke. That is a 14 man squad.

I would keep Elrich for one more season as a 15th player, and Janjetovic as reserve keeper as he won't leave. They won't get much game time anyway. Get rid of Nizic and replace him with a proven keeper. Keep some young guys in Tokich, Russell, Grozos and Baccus to see if they can make the step up. That would be around a 20 man squad with a good mix.

Link to post
1 hour ago, WestSyd said:

I would say that we need 5 new Aussies to go with the 5 new foreigners. It wouldn't be hard to achieve. Add those 10 new players to the 4 ones we have already in Ziegler (should be an Aussie soon?), Yeboah, Fitzgerald and Duke. That is a 14 man squad.

I would keep Elrich for one more season as a 15th player, and Janjetovic as reserve keeper as he won't leave. They won't get much game time anyway. Get rid of Nizic and replace him with a proven keeper. Keep some young guys in Tokich, Russell, Grozos and Baccus to see if they can make the step up. That would be around a 20 man squad with a good mix.

I suspect the proven keeper might be foreign. If Biraz stays put at City, there really isnt many options since the aussie keepers overseas all have a year left on contracts. Even after getting a foreign keeper we would stil have 4 visa spots left.

Re Mileusnic, definitely a good shout. Cant see why the reds are letting his contract run out though. Surely he'd be one they want to keep. Odd

Link to post

I think they haven't decided on keeping Kurz, and that might be paralysing their decision making process. Or Mileusnic recognises he's having a breakout year and will attract interest. Or he doesn't want to re-sign without knowing who is in charge next year.

Link to post
9 hours ago, mack said:

I think they haven't decided on keeping Kurz, and that might be paralysing their decision making process. Or Mileusnic recognises he's having a breakout year and will attract interest. Or he doesn't want to re-sign without knowing who is in charge next year.

Maybe he's delaying his re-sigming because Adelaide is such a sh!thole

 

Link to post
12 hours ago, Upthehill said:

16 players would be a huge mountain to climb from a recruitment perspective. If Ziggy gets his papers then we can grab 5 foreigners, that bit is simple. But 12 new Aussies is going to be steep. Don’t forget WMG is on the prowl right now too, so it’s safe to assume they’ll grab up some of the good options.

Heres to hoping Babbel has got in the ear of some of the available Aussies. We need two really solid Aussies to compliment the foreign recruitment

Popa would have a major clean out every year when it wasn't needed. I don't think it's that big a mountain to climb and lets face it, we really need it this time.

Link to post
1 minute ago, Jefski said:

Popa would have a major clean out every year when it wasn't needed. I don't think it's that big a mountain to climb and lets face it, we really need it this time.

we never released 17 players. from memory 10 was the most

Link to post
11 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

we never released 17 players. from memory 10 was the most

You're right, 17 may be a bit steep but I'd happily start with this list of 12. From the player with contracts expiring this year or next, I'd certainly be getting rid of the following...

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Brendan Hamill 
Keanu Baccus (U21)
Lachlan Scott (U21)
Mark Bridge
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio (maybe keep as squadie)

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Tarek Elrich

Also, I know I'm being a little nasty here but after watching the Youth GF vs Roar, I would stamp Majok's contract "Never to play again". He was atrocious. 

Edited by Jefski
Link to post
1 minute ago, Jefski said:

You're right, 17 may be a bit steep but I'd happily start with this list of 12. From the player with contracts expiring this year or next, I'd certainly be getting rid of the following...

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Brendan Hamill 
Keanu Baccus (U21)
Lachlan Scott (U21)
Mark Bridge
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Tarek Elrich

Also, I know I'm being a little nasty here but after watching the Youth GF vs Roar, I would stamp Majok's contract "Never to play again". He was atrocious. 

I would keep Kamau and Baccus. They have been nowhere near the worst for us. Kamau imho has improved under Babbel and so has Baccus. If Baccus can get rid of his liking of red cards he will be okay. He is still young.

Link to post
3 minutes ago, Jefski said:

You're right, 17 may be a bit steep but I'd happily start with this list of 12. From the player with contracts expiring this year or next, I'd certainly be getting rid of the following...

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21)
Brendan Hamill 
Keanu Baccus (U21)
Lachlan Scott (U21)
Mark Bridge
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee)
Raul Llorente (Foreign)
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie)
Jaushua Sotirio (maybe keep as squadie)

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau
Danijel Nizic 
Tarek Elrich

Also, I know I'm being a little nasty here but after watching the Youth GF vs Roar, I would stamp Majok's contract "Never to play again". He was atrocious. 

Without knowing kamau's patcheck, i'd put him in the squadie category with sotirio. That sorts us for wingers. Hamill keep for the bench. The rest go on the bonfire

Link to post
12 hours ago, mack said:

First off contract player to go after should be Mileusnic.

I read that he has signed with another club for next season,

11 hours ago, Upthehill said:

Even after getting a foreign keeper we would stil have 4 visa spots left.

 

If we can sell Vedran in the off season to some Asian or even Indian club by getting some sort of fee for him, then we should try and go for a foreign GK, there are a lot of GKs coming off contract at the end of this season

Link to post

Baccus is a squad player not a starter if he wants to accept minimal money all good but he’s been in our midfield all season and we have been bossed in the midfield overwhelmingly this season, perhaps he would be better with a more seasoned pro next to him i don’t know 

Link to post

Mileusnic, good player but not what we need.

Defensive midfield, centre back, goal keeper, centre forward left back in that order.

Assuming abj stays we are fine for wingers (only position we are fine for)

Edited by StringerBellend
Link to post
1 hour ago, sonar said:

I would keep Kamau and Baccus. They have been nowhere near the worst for us. Kamau imho has improved under Babbel and so has Baccus. If Baccus can get rid of his liking of red cards he will be okay. He is still young.

Only thing Kamau needs is to put on a bit of weight as he gets bumped off the ball so easily 

Link to post
1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

Without knowing kamau's patcheck, i'd put him in the squadie category with sotirio. That sorts us for wingers. Hamill keep for the bench. The rest go on the bonfire

No to Hamill. Don't want him anywhere near the first team, because before you know it he is starting games again. Buy two new central defenders and rotate with Zeigler (who looks to me like he is injury prone), so I think we need some cover there.

Kamau could possibly get in the squad with the half a dozen or so other senior players who's contracts finish in the two seasons after this one. But he probably won't start much, so having him has an ocassional substitute is ok.

Link to post

I don't think we need a foreign left back, why don't we try try again to get James Meredith back or Brad Smith on loan from Bournemouth, do a Melbourne City McGree trick and pinch Smith from Seattle Sounders, he's born in Penrith, maybe playing here will help his chances for a national team recall.

i would let Riera go as well, I was impressed with Yeboah when he played up front, I think he can do the job there.

Get in a second foreign centre back and a foreign defensive midfielder.

Link to post
36 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

That was the big difference WithMitch Duke made, shrugged off defenders a few times also yeboah.

 

Yep, looked very strong. I think I’d prefer to see Duke play through the middle, been a while since he’s played there but I think it gives our squad better balance. He’s slowed a little over the last few years, so 9 may suit him better.

I think we’ve argued about this before but I’d give Fitzgerald a run on the right wing in the position he was signed to play in (& played 0 mins there) before judging him/cutting him loose, especially given the last 2+ years he was in front of Kamau at City.

Id like to see: 

Yeboah Duke Fitzgerald

with Roly in behind them. 

Link to post

Next season, we need a decent DM to partner Tokich, Baccus and O'Doherty 

Kirchoff off took a 6 month contract and may still be available 

:ninja:

Edited by Paul01
Added info
Link to post
6 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Baccus and O’Doherty need to put on some size and muscle over the off season or we get a CDM that isn’t built like a twig. They’re good players but when you’re getting ragdolled constantly, it’s hard to have an impact

Agreed. Even Tokich needs a bit more and we need a tall CDM so we end up with a similar partnership as LacRocca and Poljak

Link to post

For DM , Would jedinak be an option? 

sydney boy has a least few more seasons in him 

CB - Ryan McGowan just signed short term loan with Dundee 

surely could persuade to come back to Aus 

and/or 

Ersan gulum ( previously at Adelaide)

currently free agent & I think may have Aussie citizenship ?

Edited by JonoShelley
Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...