Jump to content
mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

Recommended Posts

Based on that recruiting strategy we should throw a pile of cash at Adelaide's Apostolos Stamatelopoulos.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Or  Ono

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Hard to say Honda is the benchmark when FFA and Fox are paying his wages.

Makes a mockery of the whole stated rationale behind having a salary capped league doesn't it?  No consistency.  No transparency.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Makes a mockery of the whole stated rationale behind having a salary capped league doesn't it?  No consistency.  No transparency.

Plastic league really....:xnod:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, papersun said:

How about Shinzi Okazaki from Leicester City, isn't getting much game time there , contract is expiring, has played in Germany, ticks the boxes.

Without an FFA handout (and we aren't Victory) he's out of our price range.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, wswtragic said:

Without an FFA handout (and we aren't Victory) he's out of our price range.

So what is the harm in trying?  If we don't then the FFA can use the defence that we don't get funded because we don't apply, so can't complain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 31/01/2019 at 10:13 PM, Xfactor said:

Then how do you explain the Kamau, Fitzgerald, Tongyik signings?

They were players signed under instruction from Gombau. Those contracts were pre-signed (which is common) during that season for this season ahead. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, papersun said:

How about Shinzi Okazaki from Leicester City, isn't getting much game time there , contract is expiring, has played in Germany, ticks the boxes.

Start the rumour right now "We want Okazaki"

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, papersun said:

How about Shinzi Okazaki from Leicester City, isn't getting much game time there , contract is expiring, has played in Germany, ticks the boxes.

at 32, he's not out of our price range, and might be better suited to playing upfront with treejack than Riera imo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Alexander Baumjohann (Foreign) Release
Brendan Hamill Maybe as a squaddie
Keanu Baccus (U21) Retain / Trying to re-sign him
Lachlan Scott (U21) Release
Marc Tokich (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Mark Bridge Release
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee) Release
Raul Llorente (Foreign) Release
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie) Release
Jaushua Sotirio Release
John Roberts (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Josh Risdon Maybe
Roly Bonevacia (Foreign) Release

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau Release
Danijel Nizic Release
Mitch Duke Retain
Nicholas Suman (U21) Retain
Tarek Elrich Release
Tate Russel (U21) Retain
Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21) Retain / upgrade & lengthen his contract

Expiring Year 2020/21
Jordan O'Doherty Release
Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status
Nick Fitzgerald Release
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign) Retain

Expiring Year 2021/22
Vedran Janjetovic Release

 

My thoughts on our 26 man squad going forward.

* I would retain 7 of the current squad

* I have listed 5 players as maybes, or retain as squaddies only 

* I would release 8 players in May 2019 & a further 6 from the remaining years of their contracts

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Dumb question:

how likely is it that all of those players would be released by the club in one go? I'm guessing some contracts would have to be paid out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Expiring End 2018/19
Abraham Majok (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Alexander Baumjohann (Foreign) Release
Brendan Hamill Maybe as a squaddie
Keanu Baccus (U21) Retain / Trying to re-sign him
Lachlan Scott (U21) Release
Marc Tokich (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Mark Bridge Release
Oriol Riera (Foreign, Marquee) Release
Raul Llorente (Foreign) Release
Rashid Mahazi (NPL Rookie) Release
Jaushua Sotirio Release
John Roberts (U21) Maybe as a squaddie
Josh Risdon Maybe
Roly Bonevacia (Foreign) Release

Expiring Year 2019/20
Bruce Kamau Release
Danijel Nizic Release
Mitch Duke Retain
Nicholas Suman (U21) Retain
Tarek Elrich Release
Tate Russel (U21) Retain
Tass Mourdoukoutas (U21) Retain / upgrade & lengthen his contract

Expiring Year 2020/21
Jordan O'Doherty Release
Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status
Nick Fitzgerald Release
Patrick Ziegler (Foreign) Retain

Expiring Year 2021/22
Vedran Janjetovic Release

 

My thoughts on our 26 man squad going forward.

* I would retain 7 of the current squad

* I have listed 5 players as maybes, or retain as squaddies only 

* I would release 8 players in May 2019 & a further 6 from the remaining years of their contracts

 

you have 'Retain' next to Baccus

 

I stopped reading there

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, pseudonym said:

Dumb question:

how likely is it that all of those players would be released by the club in one go? I'm guessing some contracts would have to be paid out?

When given an opportunity to explore their options, players often find new homes as they prefer that, to being unwanted

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, IAmFalzon said:

you have 'Retain' next to Baccus

 

I stopped reading there

Why the hate for Baccus?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@Taurus

Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status

Are you serious? Are you his agent? What is your connection to him as you seem to promote him up all the time? I haven't seen anywhere near enough to justify a strting spot let alone marquee status. What do you base that statement on?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, harrycripps said:

@Taurus

Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status

Are you serious? Are you his agent? What is your connection to him as you seem to promote him up all the time? I haven't seen anywhere near enough to justify a strting spot let alone marquee status. What do you base that statement on?

still 100 times better than our current marquee

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

with NYL now over, should we expect to see Grozos given a run?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Swarth said:

still 100 times better than our current marquee

Seems to get injured easily though.  Maybe needs to bulk up a bit in the off season along with a few of his mates from the Youth team.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

He's been hurt for a while, only just getting back to fitness, but I imagine he'll probably make match day squads.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The smurfs had a look at Okazaki but even they couldn't afford him

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Or  Ono

giphy.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, harrycripps said:

@Taurus

Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status

Are you serious? Are you his agent? What is your connection to him as you seem to promote him up all the time? I haven't seen anywhere near enough to justify a strting spot let alone marquee status. What do you base that statement on?

#NoGrozosNoParty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Good list Taurus. Only changes I'd make are 

Risdon: Release asap. He's taking up too much cap and is terrible for us. 

Kamau: Maybe /squaddie

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, harrycripps said:

@Taurus

Kosta Grozos Retain /Upgrade to Marquee status

Are you serious? Are you his agent? What is your connection to him as you seem to promote him up all the time? I haven't seen anywhere near enough to justify a strting spot let alone marquee status. What do you base that statement on?

I'm a clairvoyant

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, matty said:

Good list Taurus. Only changes I'd make are 

Risdon: Release asap. He's taking up too much cap and is terrible for us. 

Kamau: Maybe /squaddie

 

I see Duke & Yeboah as our starting wide players next season.

I think Majok has more upside than Kamau, but wouldn't be surprised if we honoured the other year of his contract.

Risdon isn't on big dollars, although I agree he's been poor for us. He came here to work with Popa & get noticed. He apparently signed for us on less than he was being paid at Perth   

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...