Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/11-marquee-players-a-league-clubs-should-target

Jedinak suggested as a good target for us in this page. And out of the other players there could we potentially see Robben or Ribery? They would surely have connections with Babbel and our fitness coach?

Robben or Ribery! Not a chance. Although Ribery does possess the as*hole factor we need.

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

Ooooh.....

Umm... Schweinsteiger apparently had a tour of the new stadium. On my Instagram I sent a thing out to everyone saying if they saw him tell me. Then someone dm'd me saying they saw him at the new stadium. Couldn't get photos with him as they didn't want it to get leaked he was at Bankwest Stadium. I asked someone I knew at the club if it was true. They rang the people necessary to find out if it was true and it was confirmed true... tell me i'm lying but I have the messages on my phone... 

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST
Spelling error
7 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Umm... Schweinsteiger apparently had a tour of the new stadium. On my Instagram I sent a thing out to everyone saying if they saw him tell me. Then someone dm'd me saying they saw him at the new stadium. Couldn't get photos with him as they didn't want it to get leaked he was at Bankwest Stadium. I asked someone I knew at the club if it was true. They rang the people necessary people to find out if it was true and it happened... tell me i'm lying but I have the messages on my phone... 

Schweinsteiger is on is on $6m US ($8.4m AUD )...there is no way Lederer and co will pay that sort of money.

Edited by sonar

Umm... Schweinsteiger apparently had a tour of the new stadium. On my Instagram I sent a thing out to everyone saying if they saw him tell me. Then someone dm'd me saying they saw him at the new stadium. Couldn't get photos with him as they didn't want it to get leaked he was at Bankwest Stadium. I asked someone I knew at the club if it was true. They rang the people necessary to find out if it was true and it was confirmed true... tell me i'm lying but I have the messages on my phone... 

Reckon there's more chance of Bastian buying our club then playing for it personally.

The FFA might be tempted for a guest player if he is uncontracted. Pity his contract ends in Dec 2019 not 2018

2 minutes ago, ZachMercer said:

Reckon there's more chance of Bastian buying our club then playing for it personally.

4 minutes ago, sonar said:

Schweinsteiger is on is on $6m US ($8.4m AUD )...there is no way Lederer and co will pay that sort of money.

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

The FFA might be tempted for a guest player if he is uncontracted. Pity his contract ends in Dec 2019 not 2018

Look I know it might seem b******t but i'm just going off the the things i've been told, especially by someone working within the club?

He was here for weeks whilst his wife was playing the Australian Open and publicly asked for things to do in Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe a stadium tour was offered to him? Considering it's the steepest in the country and the first in Oz with a dedicated safe standing area it might be of interest.

2 hours ago, sonar said:

He’s on considerably more from my understanding. 6m is his playing contract. The MLS gives all sorts of opportunities to screw with the salary cap.

Zlatans playing contract is only about 1m from memory, but he currently has 8 or 9 contracts between the Galaxy and the MLS. Bastian doesn’t have that many but we would need more than 8m Aus to lure him.

Unless Leders tax cuts have tripled, we won’t see Bastian until he’s about 52

8 hours ago, Upthehill said:

He’s on considerably more from my understanding. 6m is his playing contract. The MLS gives all sorts of opportunities to screw with the salary cap.

Zlatans playing contract is only about 1m from memory, but he currently has 8 or 9 contracts between the Galaxy and the MLS. Bastian doesn’t have that many but we would need more than 8m Aus to lure him.

Unless Leders tax cuts have tripled, we won’t see Bastian until he’s about 52

Yeah fair enough, either way do you think the player we are close to signing will be a marquee? What do they consider "class act"?

38 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Yeah fair enough, either way do you think the player we are close to signing will be a marquee? What do they consider "class act"?

Simply has to be. We’ve endured everything since we had our home demolished. We’ve watched the likes of a J2 player be announced as a marquee, the club sacking coaches they seemingly never particularly wanted, and now finally having our marquee coach dead set on a run to break the leagues record losing streak.

My point is fans expect some cheque’s to be written this off season. We can endure our NYL kids throwing away leads and watching Elrich finger his bum hole on the pitch, but that can’t be backed up by signing Con the Fruiter from the Greek 2nd division and trying to pass him off as a marquee.

13 hours ago, wswnick said:

Ooooh.....

Doesn't seem to be any other journos that I can find on to this at the moment,  that's a bit strange.

I'll stick to my guess Daniele de Rossi, similar to Del Piero, played all or majority of career at one Italian club.

12 hours ago, Carns said:

He was here for weeks whilst his wife was playing the Australian Open and publicly asked for things to do in Sydney and Melbourne. Maybe a stadium tour was offered to him? Considering it's the steepest in the country and the first in Oz with a dedicated safe standing area it might be of interest.

Ana Ivanovic (his missus) retired in 2016

48 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Off season rumours starting early this year, let the YouTube clips of random South Americans and BL2 players begin 

Well..........we are having an off season.......and I think I know why. A video from the Wanderers recruiting office............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEL3LMAcHM

22 hours ago, ZachMercer said:

I just think we're weak at the back, weak in the middle and weak upfront. Add injuries and using players out of position has us spoon contenders.

Having a few classy players is the equivalent of putting a turbo charger in your mums yaris. It's still a yaris.

Clearly you don't watch WRC, the Yaris kicks serious butt with a turbo fitted 

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

Simply has to be. We’ve endured everything since we had our home demolished. We’ve watched the likes of a J2 player be announced as a marquee, the club sacking coaches they seemingly never particularly wanted, and now finally having our marquee coach dead set on a run to break the leagues record losing streak.

My point is fans expect some cheque’s to be written this off season. We can endure our NYL kids throwing away leads and watching Elrich finger his bum hole on the pitch, but that can’t be backed up by signing Con the Fruiter from the Greek 2nd division and trying to pass him off as a marquee.

If the twitter story is true, maybe we'll find out in a coupla days!

4 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Ive been searching on twitter, can you put through a link to feed of those rumours?

Sorry mate, you're asking the wrong person, I'm not on twitter. The twitter I'm talking about is the Migliaccio one quoted earlier in this thread.

2 hours ago, Upthehill said:

43 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

If the twitter story is true, maybe we'll find out in a coupla days!

While I would love to get De Rossi it will leave the club with a difficult dilemma.  De Rossi has played 450+ games for Roma and made over 120+ appearances for Italy all in the number 16 jersey,  The Club will need to make a hard call and choose between De Rossi or that gun Sotirio for the prized jersey. hehe

Edited by scarcev