mack

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

14 hours ago, sonar said:

Schweinsteiger is on is on $6m US ($8.4m AUD )...there is no way Lederer and co will pay that sort of money.

I wouldn't say its impossible, I do not think the Fire were buying him to make a profit. He was brought in to bring class and put bums on seats which he as done for the team. If they do not make the play offs in the coming season it could be an option for him also if his willing to take a pay cut and likes it here then why not, i'm sure Babbel would have had a chat to him while he was here?

It is still a slim chance but we can always dream that one day Lederer and co will bring in the highest paid player the league has had and would be world class. (Maybe when the cap is gone)

image.jpg?w=607&c=1

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

46 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

If the twitter story is true, maybe we'll find out in a coupla days!

OMG those comedy shows from the 70s and 80s with all their stereotypes are so cringeworthy now.  Did love Comedy Company etc. back in the day though.

13 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

OMG those comedy shows from the 70s and 80s with all their stereotypes are so cringeworthy now.  Did love Comedy Company etc. back in the day though.

Haha. What about Fast Foward. I still remember the lawyer skit Liar and Deshonko and of course Fuc*ari Rugs.

50 minutes ago, scarcev said:

While I would love to get De Rossi it will leave the club with a difficult dilemma.  De Rossi has played 450+ games for Roma and made over 120+ appearances for Italy all in the number 16 jersey,  The Club will need to make a hard call and choose between De Rossi or that gun Sotirio for the prized jersey. hehe

Good luck De Rossi...

14 minutes ago, Davo said:

Good luck De Rossi...

Put that in a YouTube reel and loop it and hopefully someone will buy him before they find out.

1 hour ago, MistahCampoy said:

I wouldn't say its impossible, I do not think the Fire were buying him to make a profit. He was brought in to bring class and put bums on seats which he as done for the team. If they do not make the play offs in the coming season it could be an option for him also if his willing to take a pay cut and likes it here then why not, i'm sure Babbel would have had a chat to him while he was here?

It is still a slim chance but we can always dream that one day Lederer and co will bring in the highest paid player the league has had and would be world class. (Maybe when the cap is gone)

image.jpg?w=607&c=1

It's not an issue of profit. The issue is a 70% pay cut when he would likely have other MLS suitors if he was unwanted. From memory he said his MLS stint was about money and that he didnt have mich respect for the players. Imagine him coming to WSW and dealing with icons like Sotirio and Hammil. I reckon he'd be super impressed. 

2 hours ago, scarcev said:

While I would love to get De Rossi it will leave the club with a difficult dilemma.  De Rossi has played 450+ games for Roma and made over 120+ appearances for Italy all in the number 16 jersey,  The Club will need to make a hard call and choose between De Rossi or that gun Sotirio for the prized jersey. hehe

Stuff it, another quality marquee opportunity missed!

2 hours ago, MistahCampoy said:

image.jpg?w=607&c=1

I bet he wouldn't say that if he wasn't wearing a cap!

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

It's not an issue of profit. The issue is a 70% pay cut when he would likely have other MLS suitors if he was unwanted. From memory he said his MLS stint was about money and that he didnt have mich respect for the players. Imagine him coming to WSW and dealing with icons like Sotirio and Hammil. I reckon he'd be super impressed. 

His got plenty of money so it shouldn't be an issue for him if he likes it here, but yeah it would b a hard move for him to make..

Lets hope those two get shown the door though i'm grateful for all they have put in for the club in the past

20 hours ago, wswnick said:

Ooooh.....

Something tells me that this is too good to be true...

1 minute ago, SBW said:

Something tells me that this is too good to be true...

it could be Pio part 2(i know pio wasnt a mid but i mean a player who was expected to be good but was terrible)

6 hours ago, sonar said:

Well..........we are having an off season.......and I think I know why. A video from the Wanderers recruiting office............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_YEL3LMAcHM

Unfortunately, bringing this into the light of day I fear will give some of our players (and potentially CCM and BR) ideas that they haven't tried or quite mastered as yet!!

As discussed in the 2019 NPL thread

Taurus Posted 13 hours ago

On 07/02/2019 at 8:55 AM, hawks2767 said:

I guess it's their call.

I just see the benefit in our future stars like Fabian Monge to play against better quality players in the NPL1 like Panny Nikas.

Fabian has been training with the AL squad on a regular basis. MB has rated him since the Gold Coast camp & I'd reckon he'll pick up a scholarship contract pretty soon.

That exposure to a daily training regime, together with regular games against men at NPL2 level, has proven to be a good pathway for our youth to travel, if they seek to become professional sokkah players for WSW. 

BUXlrpXr_bigger.jpgWS Wanderers FCVerified account @wswanderersfc
FollowingFollowing @wswanderersfc
More

We have today announced the promotion of Fabian Monge from the Wanderers Academy to the @ALeague: http://wsw.football/2SirdSJ  #WSW

Dy1kg2eVYAESKPj.jpg
12:00 PM - 8 Feb 2019

#SokkahTwitter media types maybe on to something.

German midfielder :unknw:

On 06/02/2019 at 7:59 PM, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Umm... Schweinsteiger apparently had a tour of the new stadium. On my Instagram I sent a thing out to everyone saying if they saw him tell me. Then someone dm'd me saying they saw him at the new stadium. Couldn't get photos with him as they didn't want it to get leaked he was at Bankwest Stadium. I asked someone I knew at the club if it was true. They rang the people necessary to find out if it was true and it was confirmed true... tell me i'm lying but I have the messages on my phone... 

BREAKING NEWS

I HAVE THE LEAKS. A BUILDER TOOK A SNEAKY SHOT OF HIM VISITING THE STADIUM (SEE BELOW).

qvVfuCn.jpg

Edited by thefairy
i forgot to attach legit photo

41 minutes ago, Taurus said:

#SokkahTwitter media types maybe on to something.

German midfielder :unknw:

Haven't asked you a question for a while.

Loan deal, transfer or off-contract.

15 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Haven't asked you a question for a while.

Loan deal, transfer or off-contract.

Probably yes

1 hour ago, thefairy said:

BREAKING NEWS

I HAVE THE LEAKS. A BUILDER TOOK A SNEAKY SHOT OF HIM VISITING THE STADIUM (SEE BELOW).

qvVfuCn.jpg

No hard hat, high vis or safety boots? Work Cover will be onto him very shortly. Watch this space.

3 minutes ago, Jefski said:

No hard hat, high vis or safety boots? Work Cover will be onto him very shortly. Watch this space.

Nah I'm pretty good at spotting fake images and I'm starting to think this was photoshopped.

I reckon he was wearing all that stuff and someone has digitally removed them.

3 minutes ago, Davo said:

Nah I'm pretty good at spotting fake images and I'm starting to think this was photoshopped.

I reckon he was wearing all that stuff and someone has digitally removed them.

Wow, is that Photoshoped, I can't trust anyone these days.

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

Wow, is that Photoshoped, I can't trust anyone these days.

I'm pretty sure that's his brother Aritz Schweinsteiger.

1 hour ago, Jefski said:

If that's to scale I'd say he's about 14ft tall. Completely legit.

2 hours ago, thefairy said:

BREAKING NEWS

qvVfuCn.jpg

Image result for backstage with eminem

Definitely seems legit

2 hours ago, Jefski said:

Dy3PJgFV4AA1X1T.jpg:large

1 minute ago, Taurus said:

Dy3PJgFV4AA1X1T.jpg:large

yep thats me. I was told by someone working with the club I could post it. Take the piss and whatever but I can only go off what I was told.

Judging by whats probably about to come my day going to get worse.

Edited by THEWANDERERSPOST