Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

1 hour ago, DamnedUnited said:

Kerem Bulut is back ?? Oh the Lord doth have mercy !!

3 year deal - MB indeed has huge faith 😝.

With Baby baccus retained, likely to see O’Doherty moved on?

Jedinak would boss the DM position in HAL. 

Still bossing it for Villa in Championship which is much more fast faced than here.

Would protect the back 4. And give Baccus the freedom to attack and carry the ball.

For 1-2 years would be a great signing - would probably want marquee wages.

Always think of Italians, Argentinians and Uruguayans as strong defensive tackling midfielders, stereotypical I know many more out there of other nationalities, I have forgotten already the Uruguayan from last season Bruno something?

He had spurts of good and bad performances in him last year, was he a one season contract player?

21 minutes ago, Stokz said:

Still bossing it for Villa in Championship which is much more fast faced than here.

Would protect the back 4. And give Baccus the freedom to attack and carry the ball.

Ideally youd hope that he would be happy with a high wage under the cap.

24 minutes ago, Stokz said:

I'm not so sure he's bossing it in the Championship as he's not a regular starter these days for Villa.

22 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Did anyone see the article on Juric that was on Twitter the last few days, maybe goal.com

Juric's contract ends this European summer. A certain A-Lesgue team were looking to bring him in as Tim Cahill marquee spot but didn't get FFA permission in the last few weeks. The owner/coach of his current club hasn't like his attitude since the summer, has carried an injury (can't be certain), he has now been told to train by himself & has a week to find a new club (Swiss league transfer window ends in 1 week).

Tim Cahill rule doesn't exist. It was scrapped the year after they made it. Surprise surprise.

1 hour ago, WanderingToqui said:

The Uruguayan we had is Bruno Piñatares. 

He plays for a club in South America called Delfin.

He's actually playing in the Copa Libertadores.

I was hoping he would have been a lot better than he was for us but it wasnt meant to be,

How about we bring this beast over? https://www.transfermarkt.com/yaya-toure/profil/spieler/13091

20 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Tim Cahill rule doesn't exist. It was scrapped the year after they made it. Surprise surprise.

No surprise at all.  Did it even really exist in A-League statutes or was just used to legitimize an ad-hoc decision by officials?  

Edited by LeeMarvin
Better word
35 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

No surprise at all.  Did it even really exist in A-League statutes or was just used to legitimize an ad-hoc decision by officials?  

Was created to bring Cahill to A legaue and let Melbourne city still have other marquees. They never communicated any criteria for what qualified as a “special” marquee 

19 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Was created to bring Cahill to A legaue and let Melbourne city still have other marquees. They never communicated any criteria for what qualified as a “special” marquee 

worst thing was City had only taken up one marquee spot at the time so there was absolutely no need for the creation of the "Tim Cahill Marquee" spot. Just show how ****ed the FFA are and how ****en ****-scared they are of the City group. ****en cowards.

1 hour ago, MistahCampoy said:

I was hoping he would have been a lot better than he was for us but it wasnt meant to be,

How about we bring this beast over? https://www.transfermarkt.com/yaya-toure/profil/spieler/13091

lol please - he's just a ****en **** Jedinak who isn't even tough enough not to chuck a hissy-fit when his birthday is forgotten. no thanks. Jedi all the way.

20 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

If Baccus has agreed terms that don’t impact the cap greatly than it’s good to see a young product get another chance 

but if round 1 him and o’Doherty start next year then yes it’s a **** shambles

one of them can start the other CM has to be a upgrade of large proportion 

There was an MB interview a couple of months back were the young midfield pair was discussed. He praised JoD but particularly Baccus. Their combined youth, inexperience and physique has been a liability for us all season. Put someone like Brattan next to Baccus and it will be a different story. And there is still the talk about the mystery European classy player who might turn out to be a CM as well.

4 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

The rule was quite literally created when MCFG asked for it. I’m not one to sling my tin foil hat on often, but it was utter horse crap. They had no intention of forking over money to anyone else. It was simply a marketing spend for them with absolutely no intent to improve the league

7 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

I'm not so sure he's bossing it in the Championship as he's not a regular starter these days for Villa.

Either way, I think he'd be an asset, especially in the much vaunted category of 'mentality'. His experience and confidence is worth something, bloke doesn't miss penalties often, and you'd imagine his dressing room leadership would have made a difference this year. If we play 2 CDMs his pace, or lack thereof, wouldn't be a huge issue. Maybe it gives up a handful of goals in a season. On balance he'd be an positive addition to what may be a youngish squad.