Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

11 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Not quite. Have to be a free agent during a transfer window to be signed by a club outside a window

Released = free agent?

Edit - just re read your comment, I see the difference

2 hours ago, wswnick said:

Worth a look?

He's a west Sydney boy

He’ll he’s worth a sniff. He’s been getting regular game time in a superior team in a superior league. He’s only 24 and has a pretty bright career ahead.

Id be more than happy to grab him. Again there’s sweet **** all coming up in long term defensive options this year. Hoping we grab him

And he’s got a head like a dropped pie. Definite westie

24 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

He’ll he’s worth a sniff. He’s been getting regular game time in a superior team in a superior league. He’s only 24 and has a pretty bright career ahead.

Id be more than happy to grab him. Again there’s sweet **** all coming up in long term defensive options this year. Hoping we grab him

And he’s got a head like a dropped pie. Definite westie

16 minutes ago, wswnick said:

Let's make it official then!

Looks like his distribution qualities as a young lad have finally translated to first grade football. 

Looks to be playing as a DM shielding the back 4 alot too. Hell he may be the right priced defensive minded mid we need allowing us to marquee our attack up!

come on home Chapman!

17 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Looks like his distribution qualities as a young lad have finally translated to first grade football. 

Looks to be playing as a DM shielding the back 4 alot too. Hell he may be the right priced defensive minded mid we need allowing us to marquee our attack up!

come on home Chapman!

Is he better than Melling?

19 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Fitz definitely training with the team on Tuesday - he's in the photos on the web site.

Given we have 2 left wingers injured & MB brought into squad Majok & a player who hasn’t played in 2 years in Bridge, Unfortunately his cards have been marked. 

Kid can play & is a local. Very disappointing. 

55 minutes ago, wswnick said:

In his farewell vid to Pohang fans he says he's leaving to play "abroad".

Perhaps the club is waiting for this with FIFA, the Korea Republic FA and FFA involved. And we know that we are always on the nose with the FFA.

fifa regulations

Players registered at one association may only be registered at a new association once the latter has received an International Transfer Certificate (hereinafter: ITC) from the former association. The ITC shall be issued free of charge without any conditions or time limit. Any provisions to the contrary shall be null and void. The association issuing the ITC shall lodge a copy with FIFA. The administrative procedures for issuing the ITC are contained in Annexe 3 of these regulations.

from Annexe 3

3, Upon receipt of the ITC request, the former association shall immediately request the former club and the professional to confirm whether the professional’s contract has expired, whether early termination was mutually agreed or whether a contractual dispute exists.
4. Within seven days of receiving the ITC request, the former association shall either:
a) issue the ITC to the new association; or
b) inform the new association that the ITC cannot be issued because the contract between the former club and the professional has not expired or that there has been no mutual agreement regarding its early termination.

It’s a shame Roly isn’t an Aussie because he’d be a very handy player to have in your squad. As a foreigner, you’re not getting your money or spots worth. Same story as Castelan. 

In all honesty, who would Roly even replace at Perth? Along with Victory and perhaps Sydney, I don’t see him walking into any of their starting 11’s over any existing players. 

Personally I don’t think any foreigner at the club deserve a contract now 

if roly keeps lighting it up then negotiate once his done it end of season 

Baum and Ziegler have proven nothing and if you can’t stay fit them not worth it 

llorente is gone for sure and Reira doesn’t even come close to justifying his pay packet 

On 15/02/2019 at 10:56 PM, Paul01 said:

Is he better than Melling?

This really highlights the level we have dropped to, comparing potential signings to Jacob Melling. Oh my

1 hour ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Baum and Ziegler have proven nothing and if you can’t stay fit them not worth it 

llorente is gone for sure and Reira doesn’t even come close to justifying his pay packet 

Depending on who is available and who we can afford, I'd be tempted to keep Roly, but only for a season at a time. He needs to constantly be told he has to prove himself, otherwise he just gets lazy.

I think unlike some of our other players Roly understands that his head is on the chopping block and it's time to start playing for a contract - either with us or elsewere. Sh*ts me that players only start pulling their finger out when contract discussions are in the mix. Can't for the life of me see how Perth can afford their current team let alone be in the mix for him. Keoghs wife must work at the club and be a 500k receptionist whilst he sits on minimum wage. Dumbfounded.

2 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Ziegler is on a three year deal and by the time next season comes round should have his Australian passport so he’s going nowhere (but won’t use a foreign spot). Also he doesn’t really have a history of injury he’ll be fine next year 

baumjohann was always a risk he’d hardly played in 2 years. Good player but injury prone players are a luxury you can’t carry in the a league