Jump to content

Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2


Recommended Posts

Good that Al-arabi got his citizenship but Dutton has certainly f***** us but telling the immigration public servants to go slow. Meant that Ziggy counted as a visa player for the whole season

Here's hoping he's unemployed after the next election.

Link to post
15 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Good that Al-arabi got his citizenship but Dutton has certainly f***** us but telling the immigration public servants to go slow. Meant that Ziggy counted as a visa player for the whole season

Here's hoping he's unemployed after the next election.

I was thinking of remarking about this story yesterday.  Does anyone think Hakeem would have gained his citizenship if there wasn't all the publicity around him and it wasn't an election year?  I feel that Home Affairs initially had the attitude that they were happy to be rid of a Muslim from Australia.

Link to post
16 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I was thinking of remarking about this story yesterday.  Does anyone think Hakeem would have gained his citizenship if there wasn't all the publicity around him and it wasn't an election year?  I feel that Home Affairs initially had the attitude that they were happy to be rid of a Muslim from Australia.

It wouldn’t have happened if Craig Foster hadn’t pushed it so hard.

Link to post
22 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

I was thinking of remarking about this story yesterday.  Does anyone think Hakeem would have gained his citizenship if there wasn't all the publicity around him and it wasn't an election year?  I feel that Home Affairs initially had the attitude that they were happy to be rid of a Muslim from Australia.

Pretty much this ......and the advocacy from people like Craig Foster and some sections of the media etc who took up the cause.

I also wonder if citizenship was granted because Home Affairs efffed up and were inline for possible legal action against them. Covering their arses,,? 

Edited by sonar
Link to post
1 hour ago, mack said:

Daniel Georgievski to WSW confirmed by SBS.

If that is to replace spots currently filled by Risdon and Llorente, not too bad. Hopefully he is not seen as our starting RB and we play him more on the left, as I would like to see Russell continue in that role.

Link to post
1 hour ago, jackyboyc said:

If that is to replace spots currently filled by Risdon and Llorente, not too bad. Hopefully he is not seen as our starting RB and we play him more on the left, as I would like to see Russell continue in that role.

If it means Llorente out , I'm all for it.

Link to post
2 hours ago, wswnick said:

Western United will have Davidson and Risdon while we have Elrich and Georgievski

If the thought wasn't so depressing, it would be funny.

Link to post
4 hours ago, matty said:

I really really hope he came cheap cos that isn't a great signing

On TWG article, Jets cost cutting so he came to us. Let’s not hope he doesn’t come in the same shape as Elrich did at the start of this season.

I know he is only 31 but don’t want him turning up on a stop of his retirement tour. I know he is a western Sydney boy but need to be expecting decent performances if we stand any chance of doing something next season.

Link to post
1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

On TWG article, Jets cost cutting so he came to us. Let’s not hope he doesn’t come in the same shape as Elrich did at the start of this season.

I know he is only 31 but don’t want him turning up on a stop of his retirement tour. I know he is a western Sydney boy but need to be expecting decent performances if we stand any chance of doing something next season.

Jets signed Millar from the Mariners 

Link to post

Georgievski is terrible, I really really wanted the club to move away from signing these type of players. They can't afford another middle of the road season coming in to a new stadium it'll be bad news.

I'm unimpressed about Brattan and Mileusnic too. Brattan isn't too bad but he's a known quantity, there's 27 games in a season and he's good for about 5 of them.

If the club keeps this up then no way i'm renewing, they don't deserve my $$$.

 

Link to post
4 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Georgievski is terrible, I really really wanted the club to move away from signing these type of players. They can't afford another middle of the road season

As I & Manfred mentioned in the post match thread, it’s okay to have these players but they need to perform. You are right, can’t afford them to be below par or just turn up. Are we getting a 18/19 Georgeski or one from 17/18?

Link to post
3 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Georgievski is terrible, I really really wanted the club to move away from signing these type of players. They can't afford another middle of the road season coming in to a new stadium it'll be bad news.

I'm unimpressed about Brattan and Mileusnic too. Brattan isn't too bad but he's a known quantity, there's 27 games in a season and he's good for about 5 of them.

If the club keeps this up then no way i'm renewing, they don't deserve my $$$.

 

Hold your horses. It may just be that the journos are getting the two clubs with "Western" in the name mixed up.

Our reinforcements will come from Europe, football professionals who have fight in them, lift the squad, and force the young players to improve. Guys who are willing, prepared, and capable of performing every match day. That kind of quality has to come from outside the HAL.

 

Link to post
53 minutes ago, FCB said:

Hold your horses. It may just be that the journos are getting the two clubs with "Western" in the name mixed up.

Our reinforcements will come from Europe, football professionals who have fight in them, lift the squad, and force the young players to improve. Guys who are willing, prepared, and capable of performing every match day. That kind of quality has to come from outside the HAL.

 

We can only take 5 from Europe still need a couple of experienced Australians to go with them and the kids 

I’d taken Bratten 

georgeveski meh?

mileuanic if we off load our collection of pacey non scoring wingers 

Link to post

Havn't paid attention to Daniel Georgeveski this season. But at the beginning of the year everyone was willing to give their left nut for him.

I dont mind the signing, hes an upgrade on Elrich. I would however be hoping both are never in the same 11 at the same time.

Link to post

We all got excited last week when we beat an average second last placed  Brisbane team. These days we get excited beating bottom of the table teams, which shows you where we are at right now. We all of a sudden thought Hamill and Vedran had turned into awesome players. But this game against Wellington brought us back down to earth. Perhaps people wanted to believe that the players improved suddenly. There are some players we have where it just won't change all that much.

Georgevski is an ok purchase if he is part of a bigger picture. If him and Elrich are fighting for the same fullback spot. If Hamill is no longer playing centre back for us. If we get a better keeper than the one we currently have. If we scout and attract five good quality imports. If we are able to get some solid and proven Aussie players from other a-league clubs. If our fitness improves, and we become mostly injury free. If Babbel gets the tactics right with the players he has. A lot of it is preparation, and then the attitude on the field from the players/coaches at the end the preparation. 

All these things need to be planned for next season now. Otherwise if we stick with a lot of the same old, same old, or don't move way much from what we currently have, It could be de ja vu all over again. I am hoping Babbel and the club do what needs to be done. Otherwise that new shiny stadium won't do much for us.

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...