Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

On 11/03/2019 at 10:35 AM, FCB said:

Talking about Ribery here is fantasy football. It is much more realistic looking at someone like Fabian Klos, CF playing in BL2, and coming off contract at the end of the season. Unless it is too soon to post videos of random Germans: ask yourself if a BL2 grade CF has the goods to cut it in the HAL. For me the answer is a definite "yes", and that's the kind of player I am hoping for.

Looks great!

Just as long as he can handle our heat and playing on what will effectively be cement to him.

Genuine question. Have proven foreign goal scorers ever kicked on here in the a-league? When i ask this i am more so referring to cases like the above when a player is an absolute poacher and has a high goals to games ratio.

Because i have always felt here in the a-league it is more so ability, movement, touch and class that kicks on. And those with abit of end product find their feet more so then "proven regular goal scorers"

3 hours ago, DeeDee said:

Genuine question. Have proven foreign goal scorers ever kicked on here in the a-league? When i ask this i am more so referring to cases like the above when a player is an absolute poacher and has a high goals to games ratio.

Because i have always felt here in the a-league it is more so ability, movement, touch and class that kicks on. And those with abit of end product find their feet more so then "proven regular goal scorers"

What do you mean by proven? a good record before the HAL?

27 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Davidson off the market. Extended with Popa

So how are they looking re. salary cap now, will they have to sell some cattle prior to signing Fall-aroli ?

2 hours ago, LeeMarvin said:

So how are they looking re. salary cap now, will they have to sell some cattle prior to signing Fall-aroli ?

No one knows for sure. My assumption is Popa has convinced some guys to take paycuts to get their Roos career back on track.

Surely they are going to lose a few players though, retaining is pretty difficult when you’re that dominant. Replacing them with effective fall backs is the key.

Id be happy with almost any of their center backs being sent our way though. 

51 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

No one knows for sure. My assumption is Popa has convinced some guys to take paycuts to get their Roos career back on track.

Surely they are going to lose a few players though, retaining is pretty difficult when you’re that dominant. Replacing them with effective fall backs is the key.

Spira would be nice to have back. How long did he sign at Perth for?

2 hours ago, Upthehill said:

ACL is a good incentive and you do get a little bit more of an allowance outside the cap apparently. Not sure how much but maybe enough to keep a few of those tempted to sway.

11 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

They are looking the same they did last, carrying a bit of extra weight.

What do people think about the possibility that they will sign Roly?

48 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Salary cap may be completely changed with the new Independent HAL working model which is set to be released around 31 March.

So perhaps possible that the system can be rorted at the moment while we are waiting for the new system to come in, as no one paying much attention to enforcement?

27 minutes ago, mack said:

There's some references to it, but they are couched in "discuss with the PFA" terms, so it could be a case where they keep a cap but do say, remove it from foreign players or make the top 5 players exempt from the cap.

The best suggestion I have heard with keeping the cap is not counting, for foreign players, their lease cars and a great portion of their rent outside the cap. We would be able to get better  quality visa players.

17 hours ago, Paul01 said:

The best suggestion I have heard with keeping the cap is not counting, for foreign players, their lease cars and a great portion of their rent outside the cap. We would be able to get better  quality visa players.

Too fiddly. Why do we need it in the first place?

1 hour ago, Burztur said:

Too fiddly. Why do we need it in the first place?

I don't understand how people don't see why we need it. Or at least what the purpose is.

Does the Australian football community not understand how much more money CFG and SFC will spend than the rest of us if the cap is removed? Do we all understand that we will never see a 1st place or a grand final again? Who here enjoys watching Juve win Serie A every ******* season? How about the same 3 teams in La Liga? L1 and PSG? How about China? How about the oil leagues? No thanks from me

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

I don't understand how people don't see why we need it. Or at least what the purpose is.

Does the Australian football community not understand how much more money CFG and SFC will spend than the rest of us if the cap is removed? Do we all understand that we will never see a 1st place or a grand final again? Who here enjoys watching Juve win Serie A every ******* season? How about the same 3 teams in La Liga? L1 and PSG? How about China? How about the oil leagues? No thanks from me

The problem is the Eurosnob fans seem to be fine with that (in there Barcelona PJs etc)

besides those arguing for dropping the cap seem to think that it will result in the like of Wayne Rooney showing up, cap or not no club in Australia is willing to lash that sort of month 

so we will end up dropping the cap, in effort to bring a bunch of players in who won’t come anyway and appease a bunch of eurosnobs who won’t give the Australian game a second look anyway