Squad Development 2018/19 Part 2

2 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I’m pissed after 3 hours happy hour drinks in city 5 bucks vodka can’t go wrong 

did I read fcb so Kamau can be the next Phillip lahm 😁

fcb would need a drink haha 

No, you read that too many happies in your hours is not good for your kamau. Something like that...

Edited by FCB
11 minutes ago, tardotz said:

No argument that he has the skills. Not sure if I could say he delivered for WSW and that may be for a number of reasons not all of his doing.

At least if he goes to WU he won't be lost for the A league

You watch. He'll go to WU and start tearing up the league. We'll be nothing more than his conditioning spell.

3 hours ago, wswnick said:

And apparently we can't match Barbarouses' salary expectations

When they say that I always believe they won't match it because they don't believe he is worth that much. I think the club are making the right move, ABJ although produces some great moments, there are other times he is very poor and is very injury prone. I think Babbel will sort things out pretty easily.

36 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

The first match he starts against us, he will produce a world class goal. Just to rub it in.

That happens to every player in that situation, lift his game to prove his previous coach or club made the wrong choice.

7 hours ago, mack said:

He'll leave at the end of the season. He will probably go to WU.

They are also willing to offer him a multi year contract & at 32 an injury prone player is probably the player to pass on especially if we can get a better player for that position.

I think it's pretty safe to say at the very least the following players are going, or are almost certain to leave: Majok ,Baumjohann, Scott, Bridge, Risdon, Roly, Llorente, Nizic.

From players expiring this season that leaves Hamill, Tokich, Riera, Mahazi, Sotirio & John Roberts that we haven't really heard any rumours about.

If they all leave we'll have about 13 contracted players (Kamau, Duke, Suman, Tarek, Russell, Tass, Monge, O'Doherty, Grozos, Fitzy, Ziegler, Baccus,Vedran. JOD probably won't fully fit until the middle of next year so we can probably pencil in an injury replacement for him, and another outside the cap/squad NPL rookie instead of Mahazi.

We'll have a pretty open book in terms of squad, foreign & cap limits.

6 hours ago, mack said:

I think it's pretty safe to say at the very least the following players are going, or are almost certain to leave: Majok ,Baumjohann, Scott, Bridge, Risdon, Roly, Llorente, Nizic.

From players expiring this season that leaves Hamill, Tokich, Riera, Mahazi, Sotirio & John Roberts that we haven't really heard any rumours about.

If they all leave we'll have about 13 contracted players (Kamau, Duke, Suman, Tarek, Russell, Tass, Monge, O'Doherty, Grozos, Fitzy, Ziegler, Baccus,Vedran. JOD probably won't fully fit until the middle of next year so we can probably pencil in an injury replacement for him, and another outside the cap/squad NPL rookie instead of Mahazi.

We'll have a pretty open book in terms of squad, foreign & cap limits.

Get Nizic, Janjetovic and Fitzgerald off the books.

Ziegler to become an Aussie. Five Babbel-grade imports for where they are needed. Duke, Yeboah, Baccus, Kamau, Elrich. Renew Hamill as squaddie, Mahazi or GG as injury replacement for JoD. The youngsters Tass, Russell, Monge, Grozos, Suman. Add a couple of solid senior Aussie players.

That's 20, and at least 15 players that can't be plugged by Arnie for the U23 tournament in January. That should do the trick.

1 hour ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

My mate who knows the Perth Glory's Tony Pignata told him Perth have not made any contact at all with Roly atm. 

That makes sense. The clubs need to agree first what is going to happen with the cap, and if they increase the number of imports. Then they know what they can sign and spend, and things will flow from there.

22 minutes ago, Davo said:

So another massive clean out and another wait until round 15 for the team to "gel". Then because we didn't get going until mid season we won't win anything so they season will be a failure and we'll need another clean out.

The WSW cycle continues...

I don't think so. With a proper GK, Ziegler instead of Hamill or Elrich, and a commanding midfielder instead of Mahazi we would not have lost that game in Newcastle. We'd be top five instead. The core of the squad is solid. We'll be fine next season.

17 minutes ago, FCB said:

No payout. Mutual agreement. Depends if they want to play football elsewhere, or want to spend extended time in the stands.

They may prefer to take the gamble that Babbel will be axed before Christmas and a decent manager appointed. I'd rather stay than take a 50% cut to play for mariners.

18 minutes ago, FCB said:

I don't think so. With a proper GK, Ziegler instead of Hamill or Elrich, and a commanding midfielder instead of Mahazi we would not have lost that game in Newcastle. We'd be top five instead. The core of the squad is solid. We'll be fine next season.

Riera is off contract and no guarantee of staying. It sounds like Baumjohann is going. We need a commanding midfielder, both our current starting center backs to no longer be starting players and a new goalkeeper.

So we potentially need to replace the entire spine of the team to be competitive. That doesn't fill me with confidence that we won't be waiting till mid season for our players to all remember each others names.

17 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

When they say that I always believe they won't match it because they don't believe he is worth that much. I think the club are making the right move, ABJ although produces some great moments, there are other times he is very poor and is very injury prone. I think Babbel will sort things out pretty easily.

ABJ excites and frustrates in pretty much equal measure. Wherever he plays he is likely to single-handedly win the odd game, and then go missing completely through injury or just plain inconsistency. His style doesn't gel with Riera because Riera is a hold-up type of forward rather than one who gets into clear space. Duke is pretty much the only forward we have at the moment who consistently breaks his tag.

I think Babbel will look for something much different in the final third next season.

1 hour ago, FCB said:

No payout. Mutual agreement. Depends if they want to play football elsewhere, or want to spend extended time in the stands.

You do understand the players have families to support, bills to pay, mortgages etc.? Why would they just walk away from a contract without any compensation?

At the end of the day whether Babbel rates them or not, the club signed these players to long term contracts. We can't demand loyalty from players & then in the same breath push others with a contract out the door.  

Honour the contracts or find a mutual agreement on a payout figure.