Western Sydney Wanderers vs Wellington Phoenix 8/1/2019 7:50PM

Will be interesting to see what we do with our fullbacks for this game. Russel was superb but ran out of legs in the last 10. Would be a good idea to rest him, perhaps Elrich goes to the right and Cordier makes his debut on the left and Russel on bench. 

Fingers crossed Yeboah is at the very least on the bench.

Roly needs a good dropping also to the bench. Majok or Fitzy to start please!

Edited by DeeDee
8 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Will be interesting to see what we do with our fullbacks for this game. Russel was superb but ran out of legs in the last 10. Would be a good idea to rest him, perhaps Elrich goes to the right and Cordier makes his debut on the left and Russel on bench. 

Fingers crossed Yeboah is at the very least on the bench.

Roly needs a good dropping also to the bench. Majok or Fitzy to start please!

No way would I have Elrich as a starter unless he is subbed at half time.

In and outs announced

Yeboah in the squad, Llorente back in the squad.

I would use both Cordier and Russell.

Unfortunately,  we get the smurf-FFA referee Barriero who is still making amends for the Nix win over his beloved smurfs

Edited by Paul01
Added info
58 minutes ago, DeeDee said:

Elrich will struggle to play yet another game in such a short period. Russell you'd think will recover quicker due to his age.

I'd be happy for both Russell and Cordier to start tbh. Tarek on the bench as cover maybe.

1 hour ago, Prydzopolis said:

Interesting that even the AFCON have moved their yearly tournament to June, but as most Asian countries have their end of season in December.

Apparently, if the tournament is held in East Asia then the Asian Cup can be held in June.

1 hour ago, Erebus said:

Elrich will struggle to play yet another game in such a short period. Russell you'd think will recover quicker due to his age.

I'd be happy for both Russell and Cordier to start tbh. Tarek on the bench as cover maybe.

Actually,  I think Llorente will be in the squad for Tuesday and Elrich out due to squad rotation. 

Baccus is on 4 yellows.

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Actually,  I think Llorente will be in the squad for Tuesday and Elrich out due to squad rotation. 

Baccus is on 4 yellows.

May be Llorente's last oportunity to show the coach what he can do. If so, it will be interesting to see how he reacts.

hmmm so my first day back at work tomorrow for a while, I can only imagine the **** load of emails and stack of shyte on my desk..many of which marked urgent and needing doing before Xmas close down....

A few options here....I can stress, bust my arse and spend until 7pm at work.....or I can just 'meh' throw the shite stacked on my desk in a draw and hit delete on emails then go to the game...

Thunderstorms forecast for tomorrow evening...why wouldn't there be.....

Edited by Smoggy
52 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

hmmm so my first day back at work tomorrow for a while, I can only imagine the **** load of emails and stack of shyte on my desk..many of which marked urgent and needing doing before Xmas close down....

A few options here....I can stress, bust my arse and spend until 7pm at work.....or I can just 'meh' throw the shite stacked on my desk in a draw and hit delete on emails then go to the game...

I don't understand! I can see only one option, "go to the game". Everything else is irrelevant. 

55 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I once claimed that I couldn't get a connecting flight and couldn't make it back in time to start work the next day. Heads up though, don't social media as you'll probably get fired.

I think we will see this starting line up tonight.

---Riera---

-Kamau-------Baumjohann---------Roly-

----------JoD-----Baccus-------

-Cordier---Hamill---Zieglar---Russell-

---Vedran---

Bench: Suman, Elrich, Tats, Majok, Yeboah

If or when Yeboah comes on, it would probably be for one of the CMs in which Roly can slot into or probably come in for Riera in the 2nd half if he's having another crappy game. Elrich can come on for either Russell or Cordier, Majok can easily replace Kamau

im feeling good today - we're gonna win !!!!

those who are still deciding whether to attend - not an option, get to the game - boring as batshit watching at home - the Bloc's atmosphere since moving further back in the stands is working a treat - good to hear the Bloc sound intimidating :) 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic