Perth Glory vs Western Sydney Wanderers 13/1/2019 5:00PM

2 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Its just a classic low confidence, lack of leadership and not enough quality in key areas...especially the defense...we all know it...i knew we would struggle to close the game out at 3-1.Would could have been given a 4 goal start and would struggle.

This......

9 minutes ago, HillsPanther said:

Popovic should hang his head in shame. Taking a win from that sort of corruption. I thought that he had more ethics than that.

Normanhurst PL showed how to handle this situation "Normanhurst PL team wins FNSW 2017 Fair Play Award".

Just now, octa9ona11 said:

I like the positive thinking... but I cant see past the 11 goals conceded in 4 games!😞😞

Yep. Like to see a fit Ziggy play with Tass and replace Elrich with Cordier. One leader with pace on the flanks

11 minutes ago, sonar said:

Soft pens and VAR aside we still conceded.4  If Hamill not does have the player in a bear hug no pen. We didn't deserve to lose but our defense has not been good all season. The refs are not good but we lost the game with poor defensive decisions,not the refs.

I don't agree with this.

Though he did have his hands on him to begin with, Hamill did not have him in a bear hug. Even the biased Perth commentators said it was a soft penalty. 

We didn't throw this game away, it was taken from us.

Just off the top off my head,

Baccus yellow was barely a foul, it honestly wouldn't be in basketball.

Majok handball came off his collar bone, the referee was right there. Instead of being on the break, we get pulled back for an opposition FK. 

Franjic foul stopping a break, no yellow. 

Davidson interferes with the GK while offside, they score, goal stands. 

Hamill penalty. Keogh aggressively backing into Hamill, a 50/50 at worst, both players had arms around eachother. 

There's 1.5 goals and a few momentum changing calls. 

13 minutes ago, HillsPanther said:

Popovic should hang his head in shame. Taking a win from that sort of corruption. I thought that he had more ethics than that.

Popa is not the Perth coach - it's a look alike - no way Popa makes 2 HT subs and gets his team to chase a game like that!

2 minutes ago, matty said:

Just off the top off my head,

Baccus yellow was barely a foul, it honestly wouldn't be in basketball.

Majok handball came off his collar bone, the referee was right there. Instead of being on the break, we get pulled back for an opposition FK. 

Franjic foul stopping a break, no yellow. 

Davidson interferes with the GK while offside, they score, goal stands. 

Hamill penalty. Keogh aggressively backing into Hamill, a 50/50 at worst, both players had arms around eachother. 

There's 1.5 goals and a few momentum changing calls. 

This....

Just now, BrightSpark said:

I don't agree with this.

Though he did have his hands on him to begin with, Hamill did not have him in a bear hug. Even the biased Perth commentators said it was a soft penalty. 

We didn't throw this game away, it was taken from us.

...to begin with.........Look, I concede that players jostle and grab each other in the box all the time and 99% of the time nothing happens.....but when the refs are as bad as ours you have to give the opposition NOTHING in the box or your asking for trouble....Hamill gave the refs a reason to penaliise him.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

...to begin with.........Look, I concede that players jostle and grab each other in the box all the time and 99% of the time nothing happens.....but when the refs are as bad as ours you have to give the opposition NOTHING in the box or your asking for trouble....Hamill gave the refs a reason to penaliise him.

Hamill did what most defenders do. It would be out of habit more than anything, especially when a large striker is backing into you. 

Not sure why you wanna blame him 

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Keogh was smart enough to give the ref something to look at

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

I don't agree with that either. As Madkaw said above, what is Hamill meant to do disappear? 

We can't start playing to trying please biased refs. Otherwise, we might as well just give the game away.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic