West Coast Collapse

28 minutes ago, Erebus said:

Because every little touch a WSW player does is considered a foul or a yellow. Whereas opposition players have been hacking legs and elbowing heads of WSW players and getting away with it all season.

Look at the ridiculous yellows we got last night and yet Yeboah gets elbowed in the head and Lowry got off scott free.

I swear there were multiple shirt pulls on us when we countered in the 2nd half and they also went unpunished, how the **** franjic didn’t get carded is beyond me....

nishimura curse is well and truly alive peeps 😤

5 minutes ago, Sime11 said:

I swear there were multiple shirt pulls on us when we countered in the 2nd half and they also went unpunished, how the **** franjic didn’t get carded is beyond me....

nishimura curse is well and truly alive peeps 😤

Good. I've always wanted to join this club!

https://www.fifa.com/fifaeworldcup/news/football-s-famous-curses-and-sorcery-2408100

1 hour ago, beatsurrender said:

No  just seems that way. When you're under the pump the likliehood of incidents in and around your box increases. The pressure is greater.  

There's no directive from the FFA against the Wanderers.  

Human nature to want to point the finger. Suits a 'we woz robbed' narrative. My opinion the referees are pretty inconsistent. The VAR still needs work but is better and less obtrusive than earlier.  But there's no conspiracy against the Wanderers. 

Remember the ACL finall? Maybe we used all our credits on those 2 penalty decisions!

So you disagree that having referee decisions going against you increases your chance of losing?

I never said there’s an anti WSW referee conspiracy and agree that it’s easy to blame the referee when you lose, but that doesn’t reflect what happened yesterday. They scored after an offside player fouled the keeper and got a penalty off a foul that would mean a penalty at every corner ever if the rule were consistently applied that way. I’m pretty confident we wouldn’t have lost if those calls didn’t go against us.

I think complaints about the referee are completely valid here.

2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

There's no directive from the FFA against the Wanderers.  

I beg to differ. It is there for all to see. Why is it the opposition is allowed to hack our players at will with no punishment? However, when a wanderer looks sideways at the opposition it is a card.

You have to remember that wanderers were way too successful at the start which upset the other clubs and their fans. They considered that wanderers had not paid their dues. So now the ffa is actively keeping the wanderers in check to apease those other clubs. And they know the core group of fans of the second largest club will continue to follow the team. While other teams struggle to keep their fans.

It will be some time before the ffa will allow wanderers to be successful again.

I gotta say Babbel's babes held their heads high yesterday and if nothing comes of this season other than developing this good list of young blokes then I say lets go for it ,

Can Abraham Majok fill a role upfront  

Can Tass Mourdoukoutas fill a centre back role 

Can Tate Russell go on and become a great right fullback  

Can Nick Suman keep Vedran Janjetovic on the bench

Can Kostandinos Grozos go on to be a great  attacking midfielder 

Can Marc Tokich go on and fulfil his potential and become a great midfielder for us

Can Mathieu Cordier fill a future defending role for us in the future

Can John Roberts go on to fulfil his enormous potential and become a great goal scorer.

Add Kwame Yeboah, Alex Baumjohan, Keannu Baccus, Bruce Kamau ,Patrick Ziegler ,Jordan O'Doherty and Nick Fitzgerald to the list plus a few new buys in the off season for next year and lets go 2019/20. 

We do have an exciting time watching all the above hopefully develop in to first class wanderers over the rest of the season so I for one accept we are building for next season and over the coming weeks we may start to see some great development of this talented youngsters

Come on Babbel's babes 

1 minute ago, Keithie said:

I gotta say Babbel's babes held their heads high yesterday and if nothing comes of this season other than developing this good list of young blokes then I say lets go for it ,

Can Abraham Majok fill a role upfront  

Can Tass Mourdoukoutas fill a centre back role 

Can Tate Russell go on and become a great right fullback  

Can Nick Suman keep Vedran Janjetovic on the bench

Can Kostandinos Grozos go on to be a great  attacking midfielder 

Can Marc Tokich go on and fulfil his potential and become a great midfielder for us

Can Mathieu Cordier fill a future defending role for us in the future

Can John Roberts go on to fulfil his enormous potential and become a great goal scorer.

Add Kwame Yeboah, Alex Baumjohan, Keannu Baccus, Bruce Kamau ,Patrick Ziegler ,Jordan O'Doherty and Nick Fitzgerald to the list plus a few new buys in the off season for next year and lets go 2019/20. 

We do have an exciting time watching all the above hopefully develop in to first class wanderers over the rest of the season so I for one accept we are building for next season and over the coming weeks we may start to see some great development of this talented youngsters

Come on Babbel's babes 

that is something i have really enjoyed about recent matches seeing a lot of younger players performing well and actually being very promising, i have my issues with babbel but i love how honest he is when it comes to interviews(for example not blaming the ref for a previous loss) and i love how he is putting his faith in the younger players

2 hours ago, Davo said:

So you disagree that having referee decisions going against you increases your chance of losing?

I never said there’s an anti WSW referee conspiracy and agree that it’s easy to blame the referee when you lose, but that doesn’t reflect what happened yesterday. They scored after an offside player fouled the keeper and got a penalty off a foul that would mean a penalty at every corner ever if the rule were consistently applied that way. I’m pretty confident we wouldn’t have lost if those calls didn’t go against us.

I think complaints about the referee are completely valid 

Edited by beatsurrender
2 minutes ago, beatsurrender said:

No. If you get bad decisions of course it reduces your chances. The incidents you mention were unfortunate. However had they gone our way I still think we would have lost. Perth were all over us. Once they got 4 they took the foot of the gas. Had they not got those lucky calls they would have continued to steamroller us. Maybe they would have won maybe not.  But we were done. It felt inevitable.  To me anyway.  

Where we disagree I guess is I don't think we would have won regardless. Who knows?

7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I'm getting worried because the FFA have said nothing on Babbel's rant. 

But Bozza and McBreen did on the A League hour - both supported what everyone knows about both.  Called for VAR to overturn obvious errors, which didn't happen!  Both conceded WSW have had the bad end of calls this year.  Doesn't help but good to hear.

14 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I'm getting worried because the FFA have said nothing on Babbel's rant. 

Not so sure they can....he said nothing about the referee on the day other than you saw it to the journalists and when asked about whether he would talk to the FFA about it said, 'if they dont see it they are ******* blind' so hard to say he was having a go at the officials. 

3 minutes ago, scarcev said:

Not so sure they can....he said nothing about the referee on the day other than you saw it to the journalists and when asked about whether he would talk to the FFA about it said, 'if they dont see it they are ******* blind' so hard to say he was having a go at the officials. 

The really smart thing that Babbel did was to say to the press wtte...."you need to do your job and call this crap out"..........he pointedly made the comment a couple of times. He knows he will cop a fine or ban so why not use the press.  Clever.

Edited by sonar
2 minutes ago, mack said:

They've already done the MRP for the weekend, so I can't see anything happening.

I'm thinking that Gallop and Wilson are going to give Babbel a fine for bringing the game into disrepute.

4 hours ago, Howie said:

Why didnt Castro get the treatment as soon as he came on ,that is the same treat treatment Baumjohn & Riera have been receiving all season.

That's the role of experienced hard nuts, of which we have none. 

A strong yellow-worthy studs-up slide is the way a player like Castro would normally be welcomed, he would be shadowed and fouled constantly. We don't have the Muscat/Milligan/Brilliante/Lowry type player to do that, or even suggest it needs to be done, simple. 

13 hours ago, WSWFF said:

Serious question. Do people really think players with options will risk signing with Babbel for next season. Will the new stadium and the possibility of decent crowds overcome what must be serious question marks over this coaching staff? But, I guess, if he was sacked, would that make the club just as unattractive anyway? Its all very depressing.

if we're nothing without the stadium, then we don't deserve it

football is a simple game: no mistakes at the back, take your chances upfront

6 hours ago, Swarth said:

the only problem with Suman is he just doesnt look confident, but cant blame him since he is so young and kinda thrust into the current situation without much warning but he still looked good even if he has the permanent look of worry

He cant hold a hot shot, two goals from drop balls.