Western Sydney Wanderers vs Adelaide United 18/01/2019 7:50PM

4 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Baccus suspended. 

Is O'Doherty going to play after concussion?

What will the midfield look like?

2 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Like kindy 

1 hour ago, wswnick said:

Mahazi and Bonevacia midfield very likely

Up against Isais - uh oh!

Has to put Roly in the middle if O'Doherty cannot play. And if Tokich is fit play in the starting 11 over Mahazi and see what the boys can do. Adelaide plays similar to Perth except they don't have a striker but they have Craig Goodwin, we can get a result but again we are likely concede middle of the park we are really scraping the barrel.

Referee: Alex King
Assistant Referee 1: Scott Edeling
Assistant Referee 2: Andrej Giev
Fourth Official: Stephen Lucas
VAR: Kris Griffiths-Jones

Ins: 24.Raul LLORENTE (promoted), 34.Patrick ZIEGLER (promoted), 41.Fabian MONGE (promoted), 42.Andrea AGAMEMNONOS (promoted)

Outs: 8.Jordan O’DOHERTY (injury – 1 week), 17.Keanu Baccus (suspension – 1 week)

Unavailable: 4.Josh RISDON (international duty), 9.Oriol RIERA (injury – 1 week), 10.Alex BAUMJOHANN (injury – 4 weeks), 19.Mark Bridge (injury – 2 weeks)

We also play Heartle$$ (away) on Tuesday with the seagulls reinforcing their squad.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
4 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Crikey - a couple of names there I know nothing of (Monge, Agamemnonos)  Better do some research...

Monte was in last year's winning NYL squad along with Suman, Russell, Mourdoukoutas, Cordier, Grozos, Majok. He is DM/CM but I hope he has bulked up on last year. Has a goal in him.

Agamemnonos is in our NYL squad and appears to more of an AM but has played CM. 

The NYL squad has a winning mentality.

3 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

The NYL squad has a winning mentality

Thanks.  Great to see all these young guys rising up.  Do agree with your comment about physique though.  While not knowing these two, I had noticed how scrawny the NYL kids look - with the exception of Russell who seems quite solid.

39 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

Thanks.  Great to see all these young guys rising up.  Do agree with your comment about physique though.  While not knowing these two, I had noticed how scrawny the NYL kids look - with the exception of Russell who seems quite solid.

Russel IS solid. Loved it when he took out Barbarouses with just pure strength and the face of shock that this 19 year old kid just pushed him off the ball

3 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

BJ out for 4 more weeks. That's about half our remaining games :(

I dont think I can go four weeks without a BJ 😋

Happy to see the kids on the field, just hope they can handle the reds midfield or we'll get destroyed and they get demoralised by a heavy loss. 

21 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Am I ******* mental thinking we could win this one ? :unsure:

Anything is possible with our team. If we keep a clean sheet......perhaps. We were the better side against the league leaders and just lost, Our defence, or lack of, is what is costing us.Stop Isais and you are well on the way to stopping Adelaide.Realistically you would have to pick the Reds due to our injuries and suspension. Head says Reds heart says Wanderers. We are not out of the finals mathematically but have to start winning games.

33 minutes ago, sonar said:

Anything is possible with our team. If we keep a clean sheet......perhaps. We were the better side against the league leaders and just lost, Our defence, or lack of, is what is costing us.Stop Isais and you are well on the way to stopping Adelaide.Realistically you would have to pick the Reds due to our injuries and suspension. Head says Reds heart says Wanderers. We are not out of the finals mathematically but have to start winning games.

Up against the sh1t head Isaias. The true hacker. Perhaps he won't be able to hack our players because he can't catch up with them

10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Up against the sh1t head Isaias. The true hacker. Perhaps he won't be able to hack our players because he can't catch up with them

Yeah I am thinking mobility will be the key is we are to be successful in this one.  

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic