VAR Steals 3 Points For Adelaide

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

I know we have one guy behind us who constantly gives **** to our players from the first few games at ANZ. I gave him some words along the lines of “you can say whatever you want after the game but while you are here you need to support the players”. He no longer sits behind us, maybe he moved next to you :lol:

:D Maybe he has.

There was one funny comment last night, when an Adelaide player was down for longer than people around me were happy with...and someone bellowed "COME ON! WE'VE ONLY GOT TWO HOUR PARKING!"

That served the purpose of adding humour to relieve the build-up of frustrations...and got a laugh! It was fine.

Banter is good - abuse.....nah, especially when it's of your own players.

The only issue I have with his fashion sense is that the Australian football media are spending too much time focusing on what he is wearing & bypassing the bigger issues of our game.

I'm starting to bristle every time anyone mentions his fashion sense!

Enough already! <_<

:D:D

@prydz

On VAR/reffing...

That decision for the second goal shouldn't have needed VAR - right in front of him, no one in the way, short pass. It's an easy one. But ARs have been told to keep their flags down on the close ones and let VAR handle it. This is the problem that i have always had with VAR (one of several) that it takes away the authority,  confidence and decision making from those on the field.

The whole concept is rotten and needs to go.

10 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Yes we have got the wrong end of the pineapple regarding officiating decisions lately but there's no bias. Does anyone think there is a conspiracy to see us fail? Really? Why? For what purpose? 

And how? Is David Gallop going round whispering in ears. "Youve got the Wanderers tomorrow mate, make sure you stuff it up for them".

Our squad simply isn't good enough. 

I'm not a big believer of conspiracy nor do I believe such nonsense.

But the constant blatant bias refereeing against especially from KGJ in the VAR box is starting to become too much of a coincidence. Is there some sort of anti-WSW agenda within the refereeing ranks? I don't know but the way how the refs being reffing our games, well something has got to give.

7 hours ago, FCB said:

It's interesting the Babbel suggested in the post game presser that, by him speaking up against refs last week, he might be responsible for a backlash from the referees. Words to that effect. That's unheard of, and I wonder if and how FFA will react to this.

What about Mark Rudan earlier in the season having a go at the refs because they don't want the Nux in the A-League and are doing what they can to sabotage their season. Refs protested by taping up the respect patch on their jerseys but since then the Nux haven't had bad calls go against them.

25 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

I want to hear more about this Al Hilal conspiracy theory......it makes me feel better about my sanity :D I have in my mind a Liam Neeson type character arriving in Dubai to do dodgy deals with the evil down right no good Al Hilal mob ....awesome stuff.... :D

Is there a way we can maybe offer a few A-League refs some kickbacks just like Juve did 15 years ago?

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

There was one funny comment last night, when an Adelaide player was down for longer than people around me were happy with...and someone bellowed "COME ON! WE'VE ONLY GOT TWO HOUR PARKING!"

That served the purpose of adding humour to relieve the build-up of frustrations...and got a laugh! It was fine.

Yeah i am sat near you wendy, heard that. That was a funny comment. Loved it.

There are a group in our section, they seem to be in different spots in the section each game. Not sure how they manage that unless they are buying tix specific to that section? Anyway, last night they were to the right of the section in the middle, maybe you heard them as well. They are pretty obnoxious, yelliing stuff when our players dont do what they expect. Lots of entitled outrage, plus too much beer and some dodgy moustaches. Three games ago they got turffed out by security. Two games ago security came to tell them to calm the flip down and i told them to shut up with the abuse. That game they were sat right down the front of our section. 

I dont mind excitable, passionate barracking. I get pretty animated and vocal myself. Just don't be a nob about it.

1 hour ago, SBW said:

What about Mark Rudan earlier in the season having a go at the refs because they don't want the Nux in the A-League and are doing what they can to sabotage their season. Refs protested by taping up the respect patch on their jerseys but since then the Nux haven't had bad calls go against them.

Interesting. I heard a great comspiracy theory last night that posited this overall treatment of wsw is for the purpose of destabalising wsw, with the ulimate goal of killing off the wanderers,  so that when swm come in its just sfc and swm. I think it was being vocalised on Facebook. 

To be clear, i am not supporting this conspiracy theory just that the Rudan comment certainly flagged some similarities to that theory.

7 minutes ago, EmMac said:

Yeah i am sat near you wendy, heard that. That was a funny comment. Loved it.

There are a group in our section, they seem to be in different spots in the section each game. Not sure how they manage that unless they are buying tix specific to that section? Anyway, last night they were to the right of the section in the middle, maybe you heard them as well. They are pretty obnoxious, yelliing stuff when our players dont do what they expect. Lots of entitled outrage, plus too much beer and some dodgy moustaches. Three games ago they got turffed out by security. Two games ago security came to tell them to calm the flip down and i told them to shut up with the abuse. That game they were sat right down the front of our section. 

I dont mind excitable, passionate barracking. I get pretty animated and vocal myself. Just don't be a nob about it.

If these were men you're talking about, I only noticed random heckling from guys ...and it wasn't in any group that I detected...it was just a burst here and there, and now and then. Basically from anywhere in our bay. 

By far the most annoying "expert" tonight was some distance behind me...so quite a way behind you...and very shrill, persistent, inane and female. 

The guy with the two hour parking issue had a massive, booming voice, and was probably heard by the ref down near the goal - which is where the comment was directed.

Yes - that particular comment was gold!

Lol - I saw you up and out of your seat on one occasion. I couldn't hear what you were saying - but I'm pretty sure it was the ref you were addressing ! :xmad::xmad:

:lol::lol:     :grouphug:

54 minutes ago, hawks2767 said:

The refs had some kind of protest the other week covering something up on their uniform.

It's not beyond them to have an agenda, it is definitely an Area 51 level conspiracy theory to think they're all in against us though.

Not all but with kgj in the var 90% of the time!

9 hours ago, FCB said:

It's interesting the Babbel suggested in the post game presser that, by him speaking up against refs last week, he might be responsible for a backlash from the referees. Words to that effect. That's unheard of, and I wonder if and how FFA will react to this.

During an A-League season by an A-League coach it was, but it's not the first time a coach familiar with the A-League has made that suggestion. After Ben Williams's godawful performance that nearly ruined the Iran vs Iraq game at the 2007 Asian Cup, John Aloisi made the point that if you speak out against Ben Williams he will go against you from then on.

Nothing's changed.

35 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lol - I saw you up and out of your seat on one occasion. I couldn't hear what you were saying - but I'm pretty sure it was the ref you were addressing ! :xmad::xmad:

:lol::lol:     :grouphug:

Heh, me and my niece were up out of our seats a few times, but i think it might have been when Roly was taken out, rammed american football style. That was a ridiculous tackle and the ref reacted like it was nothing. If i remember correctly it was only that the linesman indicated it was worthy of a second thoughtthat we got a free kick. Not even sure the adelaide player got a yellow for it?

Apart from the impact of the truly awful officiating on WSW - then fans, the players... - there is another element.  Perth and Adelaide gained 3 points that they neither deserved.  Sydney and Victory were impacted by Perth's result (I am therefore caught between our struggle and keeping SFC and Vics further from the top position) and Newcastle and Pheonix were impacted by Adelaide's result (City perhaps as well).  Hoffman's sending off tonight was another blight on the game and further impacts Newcastle and of course SFC benefit (things don't go against them too much, do they?).

The point is that stupid, incompetent decisions do not only impact the team that receives them (usually us!!!) but the whole table is affected when teams secure points they do not deserve.  The officials are playing with all of us and they are the lowest common denominator of the whole competition.  Unfortunately we are the team receiving some of the worst decisions.  I wonder if they even care?  Did KGJ duck out for a beer or a pie last night when the off-side goal was given??

12 hours ago, BoyFromTheWest said:

Apart from the impact of the truly awful officiating on WSW - then fans, the players... - there is another element.  Perth and Adelaide gained 3 points that they neither deserved.  Sydney and Victory were impacted by Perth's result (I am therefore caught between our struggle and keeping SFC and Vics further from the top position) and Newcastle and Pheonix were impacted by Adelaide's result (City perhaps as well).  Hoffman's sending off tonight was another blight on the game and further impacts Newcastle and of course SFC benefit (things don't go against them too much, do they?).

The point is that stupid, incompetent decisions do not only impact the team that receives them (usually us!!!) but the whole table is affected when teams secure points they do not deserve.  The officials are playing with all of us and they are the lowest common denominator of the whole competition.  Unfortunately we are the team receiving some of the worst decisions.  I wonder if they even care?  Did KGJ duck out for a beer or a pie last night when the off-side goal was given??

Great post...and that's it, isn't it..... "the lowest common denominator of the whole competition"  :(

1 hour ago, EmMac said:

Interesting. I heard a great comspiracy theory last night that posited this overall treatment of wsw is for the purpose of destabalising wsw, with the ulimate goal of killing off the wanderers,  so that when swm come in its just sfc and swm. I think it was being vocalised on Facebook. 

To be clear, i am not supporting this conspiracy theory just that the Rudan comment certainly flagged some similarities to that theory.

Rubbish like that is the reason why nothing changes because the FFA/referees aren’t going to engage idiots and just ignore it

honestly under babbel for the most part despite getting some very negative club records we have improved a lot, we have had some terrible matches those ones where the enemy team got red cards were a prime example of matches where i thought babbel perhaps wasnt right because they were woeful but since then performances have been updated and we deserved points despite getting 0 but that aint babbel's fault

4 hours ago, EmMac said:

Yes. Lets run with that.

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

The refs had some kind of protest the other week covering something up on their uniform.

It's not beyond them to have an agenda, it is definitely an Area 51 level conspiracy theory to think they're all in against us though.

The club has engaged top level people to look into it.............

xGgWPkJ.jpg

7 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

They covered up their "respect" logo. Problem is, they need to earn the respect first. If they aren't doing their job properly, they should be criticized. 

18 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Yes we have got the wrong end of the pineapple regarding officiating decisions lately but there's no bias. Does anyone think there is a conspiracy to see us fail? Really? Why? For what purpose? 

And how? Is David Gallop going round whispering in ears. "Youve got the Wanderers tomorrow mate, make sure you stuff it up for them".

Our squad simply isn't good enough. 

Implicit bias. 

"... the attitudes or stereotypes that affect our understanding, actions, and decisions in an unconscious manner." 

Ever been at a work place where a certain client had a bad reputation and no one wanted to deal with them? What about a certain manager that knew how to sweet talk people in the lunch room and never seemed to get called on his **** whereas you stuff up once and it's the talk of the office? What about at school? Or society in general, rock up to ask for a refund wearing a suit and tie as opposed to a beanie and a skateboard and see what happens. 

Bias is everywhere, it's life and people talk, we're only human. I don't think this is even all that unconscious. To think officials don't mention clubs, players or staff in the corridors is naive. 

What's less likely, some bias (implicit or otherwise, based on perceiption and reputation, or even personal experiences) 

Or its all coincidence? 

Tardotz posted this on the Refereeing Thread :good:, but, given that the refereeing issue is a hot topic here, and more people probably visit here than over there,  I'll post it here too.

I added a comment to the article (fwiw)...and maybe some of you who are clearly upset by the standard of A League refereeing will be inclined to do the same?

Comments might support Bozza, and also might encourage Fox to put pressure on the FFA - if they get the sense that their viewers are being turned off by the refereeing - which they definitely are?

IDK - but sharing our complaints here probably needs to be taken further...and this might be one little thing to try (although I have no idea how widely read the comment section would be).

Anyway...

https://www.foxsports.com.au/football/a-league/constant-controversy-surrounding-refereeing-decisions-is-tarnishing-the-credibility-of-the-aleague-says-mark-bosnich/news-story/636dfa1ae6c2a205659d7d12455db007