Mitchell Duke

Date Of Birth: 18/01/91
Nation: Australia
Birthplace: Liverpool, Australia
Squad Number:
Position: Left Wing
Secondary Positions: Forward

Joined Wanderers: 01/02/21
Contract Details: 18 Month Initial Contract. Returned 1/2/2021 on 6 month loan contract.
Contract Finish: 2020/21
Previous Club: Al-Taawoun FC
Wanderers Debut: 1st February 2019 vs Newcastle Jets

Wanderers A-League Appearances: 54
Wanderers A-League Goals: 24

Wanderers ACL Appearances:
Wanderers ACL Goals:

Wanderers FFA Cup Appearances:
Wanderers FFA Cup Goals:

Wanderers Club World Cup Appearances:
Wanderers Club World Cup Goals:

Wanderers Total Appearances: 54
Wanderers Total Goals: 24

Yearly Appearances & Goals: 2018/19: 11 (4), 2019/20: 26 (14), 2020/21: 17 (6)

International Team: Australia
International Caps: 5
International Goals: 2

Individual Awards: Australian Olympic Team 2021

Team Honours:

Highlight: Scored on debut for the Wanderers in their Round 17 match against Newcastle Jets, after coming on as a substitute in the 69th minute, he scored immediately with a header from a corner.
Highlight: Scored a brace for the Wanderers in their first competitive match at the new Western Sydney Stadium, against the Central Coast Mariners.
Highlight: Was the 4th top goal scorer for the 2019/20 A-League season, with 14 goals.

Description: A pacey winger & forward who had success in the A-League with the Central Coast Mariners before moving to Japan to play with Shimizu S-Pulse for 4 seasons. He has earned 4 caps for Australia, scoring 2 goals in the 2013 EAFF East Asian Cup. He began brightly at the Wanderers adding spark to an otherwise lacklustre attack reliant on Oriol Riera and was named Captain for the 2019/20 season. He left at the end of the season to pursue a lucrative offer from Saudi Arabia, played 13 games there before coming back to the Wanderers for the remainder of the 2020/21 season on loan. He performed well enough to earn a call up to the Australian National team for their June 2021 World Cup Qualifiers and then played in the Tokyo Olympics as an over-age player.

View full record

• 3 weeks later...
40 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Was on Big Sports Breakfast.

The man is positive saying there are 27 points on offer till the end of the season. He also said the team has just got into the habit of losing and he is with us to change that. I suppose VAR changing draws to losses and wins to draws will do that to a team.

at the half I noticed him encouraging every teammate as they were walking off the pitch, his enthusiasm is infectious and hopefully that will spread throughout the team. and then for him to show that enthusiasm when he came on was super refreshing, slowly but surely already winning the fans over :)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
2 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Arseholes at the A-league stealing our trivia team name (as formulated by @StringerBellend) to try & get some marketing buzz online

Can't even get the 'Hazzard' part right

EGazTHtU4AEu3NS?format=jpg&name=medium

We need to protest! I suggest super gluing ourselves to the beer taps at Mr Watkins tomorrow night! 

(Sorry, I'll have to miss out as I'll be in Canberra)

• 4 weeks later...