Mitchell Duke

mack

21 hours ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

he won't play for the socceroos again

I think Arnie not only pick him but also play him were still limited up front with only Maclaren and Taggart as our options. Giannou has fallen off the face of the Earth and Juric glass body looks like he won't be back in green and gold. Alou Kuol, Mo Toure and maybe Wenzel Halls would be the only competition for Duke unless someone else is lighting it up overseas

37 minutes ago, Sithslayer1991 said:

I think Arnie not only pick him but also play him were still limited up front with only Maclaren and Taggart as our options. Giannou has fallen off the face of the Earth and Juric glass body looks like he won't be back in green and gold. Alou Kuol, Mo Toure and maybe Wenzel Halls would be the only competition for Duke unless someone else is lighting it up overseas

Rukavysta has been doing well in Israel, until recently at least. He had a 1-2 month period of not scoring, but he did just score in his final ladder match and took out the golden boot. Weirdly he almost doubled the next top scorer, 17 to 9...

2 minutes ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Rukavysta has been doing well in Israel, until recently at least. He had a 1-2 month period of not scoring, but he did just score in his final ladder match and took out the golden boot. Weirdly he almost doubled the next top scorer, 17 to 9...

That's right so we have 3 at least that would be starters. Still with Duke's versatility and current form I can't see how he doesn't get picked in this extended squad by Arnie whose a massive fan of Duke

Against some of the less physical and more technical Asian opponents I feel like Duke would be a decent option, particularly under crosses, high balls, set pieces etc.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
16 hours ago, Paul01 said:

His wife would love that, being a pom

Well I thought that's what was going to happen if Cox got appointed the managing role at Southend United. Surely, Cox would of had Duke as his top priority to sign first for the club.

However, Southend United are currently in League Two so it'll almost feel like a walk in the park for Duke.

2 minutes ago, MathyouWSW said:

Well I thought that's what was going to happen if Cox got appointed the managing role at Southend United. Surely, Cox would of had Duke as his top priority to sign first for the club.

However, Southend United are currently in League Two so it'll almost feel like a walk in the park for Duke.

They got relegated from League Two last season, so it'll be a stroll in the park in the National League.

13 minutes ago, Davo said:

They got relegated from League Two last season, so it'll be a stroll in the park in the National League.

Southend have been in free-fall the past couple of years...no stroll in the park when they are up against the likes of Torquay, Notts, Stockport and Chesterfield. 

1 hour ago, MartinTyler said:

Southend have been in free-fall the past couple of years...no stroll in the park when they are up against the likes of Torquay, Notts, Stockport and Chesterfield. 

if we are losing signings to Southend utd given their financial position, then i'll join Keithie and seeker in their JT out campaign

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I think he is referring to his time when he was trailing in England but work permits stopped him from getting any further than the trials. I think it was just after he finished his first Japanese stint and it was more to see if he could play at the level rather than to get a contract because of the work permit rules.

Regardless his not wrong J2 is strong and its an environment he already knows. He would be getting a decent wage of $500,000 and above while also getting more games than he could in the A-league. When you put that all in to perspective and the fact we are so thin with attacking options for the Socceroos, it make sense as he enhances his chances to play for the national team than he would anywhere else.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Duke just got 2 yellows in his game in Japan. Sent off

Really dumb ones as well

Elbowed an opponent in the chest & knocked them over when the ball wasn't even in play and then smashed into a defender & the keeper going for a ball he was no chance of. 45 seconds and 1:22 in the video.

• 10 months later...

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-15/socceroo-striker-mitch-duke-last-dance/101423296

I think this article from ABC with Duke is fantastic. We all can accept he isn't the most talented player nor the most refined player, but the mentality to never give up is 99% of what allows you to succeed as a professional Football player.

• 3 months later...

I Thought Mitch Duke was going to sign for FC Tokyo after his performance at world cup but some on social media are claiming he will sign for another J2 League club, Machida Zelvia who were nearly relegated back to J3 League last season.

What an odd decision