Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian National Teams Thread 5: Arnie Failed Again

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

And will the Angry One stay to lose the Olympic qualification?

15 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

And will the Angry One stay to lose the Olympic qualification?

Hopefully he goes to Hibs and stuffs it up there too.

Funny thing is the way East Sydney fans are reacting. Acting like he's a good coach and we're all just 'haters' for not loving him

7 minutes ago, matty said:

Funny thing is the way East Sydney fans are reacting. Acting like he's a good coach and we're all just 'haters' for not loving him

Arnie is learning International refs are well above the level of the A League where his team ESFC got away with everything.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Australian National Teams: Arnie Failed Again

Featuring POSSIBLE World Cup 2022 Qualification

Missed a key word there.

We are going to be playing in the World Cup 2022 Qualification. Doesn't mean we'll get to Qatar.

since the Asian cup topic has been shut(unless i am missing something which i could be then ignore this) ******* japan letting qatar win........really brah?

every single player from qatar going down like a bitch

3 minutes ago, mack said:

Just imagine if Australia had made the final and we'd have to watch the Wanderers youth team, the senior team and then Australia lose in one day.

i really dont like qatar when it comes to football and respect japan a lot so i still heavily want japan to win but you are right it could be worse :P

need more captain morgan :P

the referee just got a bunch of middle eastern money

Lol Chris Beath was the VAR ref.

No wonder he gave that classic A-League VAR Handball.

Yup, deliberate handball from 30cm away while jumping for a header.

I said this in the previous thread during the group stage:

You might be right, from what I've seen of Japan's matches they flatter to deceive. Look good with possession and          movement but ultimately just scrape through.

But maybe they are applying the old Italy tournament strategy and will get to the final and win it with brilliance. 

We can only hope that is Australia's strategy and that it proves successful. 

Up until this morning I thought I was going to be proven right.

Arnie’s biggest flaw is that he’s basically learnt his craft specific to the A-League which is an entirely different beast to other tiers and leagues of football. He struggles to adapt to a different environment, even the ACL while he was at Sydney he didn’t appear comfortable with. 

Above all, he’s gotta stop the **** talking. He got away with it when he was the big fish in the small pond but in terms of international football, we’re lucky to be plankton in the ocean. All it does is make us look like wankers. 

Arnie’s gonna be hoping and praying that they expand the next World Cup because qualifying is gonna be a bloody mission. 

It's funny, because the A-League should actually be good training. The salary cap and squad limitations arguably mirror a national team setup better, the scheduling is shite, if you're in the ACL you get continental travel experience.

15 hours ago, marron said:

It's funny, because the A-League should actually be good training. The salary cap and squad limitations arguably mirror a national team setup better, the scheduling is shite, if you're in the ACL you get continental travel experience.

Not really. in SFC days, he had the luxury of buying a genuine marquee striker in Janko and Bobo. Can't really do that at the NT level.

Fair enough, but my point was more, in the A-League that is far more restricted than almost any other league. Squad limits in particular. Once you've got your players, you've got what you've got and have to make do - this is a NT-esque issue that you don't get as much elsewhere.

True. HAL restrictions does force you to be more creative and the lack of options for the NT could lead to that alternative thinking.

Trevor Morgan picks a team without a single wanderers academy player for the UEFA warm-up u17 tournement 

Has he turned on the club or our u16s not that good?. Multiple Smurfs selected 

Posted (edited)

Apparently there was an u23 camp at the AIS last week.

So far I have heard a couple of name

Tate Russell

Atkinson and Perieas from Heartle$$

Anyone else know anything?

They have games starting on the 22 March

Edited by Paul01
Added info

Matildas up 3-1 at half time. Kerr 2, DeVanna 1.

Gielnik scored a 4th after being on for about 1 minute. Final score 4-1

Olyroos lost their friendly against a Malaysian team 0-2 continuing the Arnie failures. 

Unfortunately,  looks as though Tass and Baccus in the starting line-up

So do we hope the Olyroos do well against Cambodia tonight, or want them to lose because we enjoy seeing Arnold receive more butt hurt?

21 minutes ago, LeeMarvin said:

So do we hope the Olyroos do well against Cambodia tonight, or want them to lose because we enjoy seeing Arnold receive more butt hurt?

I always want the national teams to succeed, regardless of their manager/boss. I would be happy to see Arnold win every trophy available to our national teams, I just don't think he's the best person to do it.

Australia's youth teams have been patchy for years, we need to produce more consistent players and performances at youth levels.

15 minutes ago, Carns said:

I always want the national teams to succeed, regardless of their manager/boss. I would be happy to see Arnold win every trophy available to our national teams, I just don't think he's the best person to do it.

Australia's youth teams have been patchy for years, we need to produce more consistent players and performances at youth levels.

I guess the potential upside of any poor performance would be if we are shocked out of our complacency/arrogance and realise that the other Asian nations are improving relative to us and something needs to be done.  We should already be aware of this from the recent World Cup and Asian Cup campaigns though.

We shouldn't need to be "shocked out of our arrogance", recent youth results and the failure at the last Asian Cup should be enough for that.

The problem is our current coach is the most arrogant prick in Australian football. We was arrogant before the Asian Cup in 2007, he was arrogant before the Beijing Olympics, he was arrogant before every failed SFC ACL campaign and he was arrogant before the 2015 Asian Cup.

And he's backed up by his mates in the media who lobbied to replace Ange and then lobbied to install Arnold into the job.