Australian National Teams Thread 5: WC Playoffs Here We Come

mack

43 minutes ago, Davo said:

Arnie’s completely predictable strategy of “kick Son” seems to be working pretty well so far.

No change in the second half.

Can't get too excited by that result. A lot of senior players out and I know it's only early days but I have the feeling when the WC qualifiers start we may struggle.

Edited by sonar
55 minutes ago, mack said:

Australia confirmed for Copa America.

South zone group

Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia in the group.

North zone group: Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Qatar

12 hours ago, Paul01 said:

South zone group

Argentina, Chile, Paraguay, Uruguay and Bolivia in the group.

North zone group: Colombia, Brazil, Peru, Ecuador, Venezuela and Qatar

Where did you get that we are in south zone? I thought the zone for Qatar and us was yet to be determined?

Whichever group we are in, I hope the knockouts are at the other place. Very likely to go to this, would love to go to both Argie and Colombia - two of my favourite places.

2 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Where did you get that we are in south zone? I thought the zone for Qatar and us was yet to be determined?

Whichever group we are in, I hope the knockouts are at the other place. Very likely to go to this, would love to go to both Argie and Colombia - two of my favourite places.

Wiki has them up

• 4 weeks later...

U17 World Cup draw @11pm

pot 1 Brazil (hosts), Mexico, Nigeria, France, Japan, Spain

pot 2 Argentina, USA, NZ, Paraguay, Ecuador, Korea Republic 

pot 3 Italy, Cameroon, Australia, Chile, Canada, Netherlands 

pit 4 Angola, Haiti, Hungary, Senegal, Solomon Islands, Tajikistan 

Some of those groups are crazy. North and South Korea together, a bunch of South East Asian neighbors together, India, Bangladesh and Afghanistan together, Saudi Arabia and Yemen together, Iraq and Iran together.

The only point of interest in our group will be the standard away loss to Jordan.

• mack changed the title to Australian National Teams Thread 5: WC Playoffs Here We Come
  • mack locked this topic