Sign in to follow this  
mack

Australian National Teams Thread 5: The Next Generation

1 hour ago, Paul01 said:

U23 NT v Korea DPR

Finished 4-0 or 5-0. Website is weird

McGree, Wales, Atkinson and Wilson going to get international bans. They should miss the Olympics if the Olyroos actually qualify.

Arnold was in charge when it happened and wanted leniency. What a p****.

Olyroos quartet face hefty bans over conduct in Cambodia https://www.sbs.com.au/olyroos-quartet-face-hefty-bans-over-conduct-in-cambodia?cid=twgapp:socialshare:copylink

10 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

McGree, Wales, Atkinson and Wilson going to get international bans. They should miss the Olympics if the Olyroos actually qualify.

Arnold was in charge when it happened and wanted leniency. What a p****.

Olyroos quartet face hefty bans over conduct in Cambodia https://www.sbs.com.au/olyroos-quartet-face-hefty-bans-over-conduct-in-cambodia?cid=twgapp:socialshare:copylink

Some may not agree but they should also have to miss HAL games as well. We are disadvantaged if Baccus and Duke and Co have to jet off for National team duty but these guys stay here, train and play. Send a message...if you **** up expect sanctions at club level as well.

https://theworldgame.sbs.com.au/olyroos-quartet-face-hefty-bans-over-conduct-in-cambodia

Edited by sonar

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

Some may not agree but they should also have to miss HAL games as well. We are disadvantaged if Baccus and Duke and Co have to jet off for National team duty but these guys stay here, train and play. Send a message...if you **** up expect sanctions at club level as well.

I agree that they 4 should have missed A-league games as well as Y-league as applicable. 

Imagine Mariners v Adelaide and Adelaide had no McGree.

The only other of these 4 getting game time is Wales. Mombaerts would have been further disadvantaged this weekend.

Apparently Tass scored for the Olyroos last night off a Najjarine cross.

I just want to know what this alleged misconduct is. Like, it took a while to come out, so is it public drunkenness bad or is it like NRL public urination and smashing someone’s head in?

1 hour ago, Unlimited said:

I just want to know what this alleged misconduct is. Like, it took a while to come out, so is it public drunkenness bad or is it like NRL public urination and smashing someone’s head in?

The only descriptive word I've seen is "cultural".

Well it's a cultural thing for Australians to get pissed, throw on a Bintang singlet and go on a rampage when they're in Asia.

As for their availability in the A-League, Fowler brought that up as he couldn't select Aiden O'Neill as he made himself unavailable for international duty.

We were told we couldn't play him because he was meant to be with the 23s," Fowler said.

"I think next time Aiden goes away with the under-23s I'll just tell him to misbehave so he can miss future squads and he can play in the A-League.

"We've seen a few players playing in the A-League this weekend that shouldn't have been playing."

2 hours ago, Davo said:

As for their availability in the A-League, Fowler brought that up as he couldn't select Aiden O'Neill as he made himself unavailable for international duty.

So how come Barbarouses played?

2 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

So how come Barbarouses played?

I've been wondering the same thing 

2 hours ago, mack said:

Barbarouses is Kiwi so they don't apply the same rule to him.

How so?

A spaniard playing in the EPL can't play for his club if he knocks back Spain

21 minutes ago, mack said:

Did NZ play a competitive game or a friendly?

2 Friendlies against Rep of Ireland lost 3-1 and Lithuania lost 1-0.

2 hours ago, mack said:

Did NZ play a competitive game or a friendly?

NZ games are never that competitive....;)

7 hours ago, MartinTyler said:

NZ games are never that competitive....;)

With Singh at Bayern and Chris Wood from EPL one may have thought otherwise. I suppose Barbarouses not playing wouldn't have helped. I checked out their line-up against Ireland and Rojas sat on the pine.

So the Angry One didn't get the FFA to stop the bans on McGree, Wales, Atkinson and Wilson. Will get even more grumpy?

These 4 players should not be allowed to take part in any FFA sanctioned competition while the Olyroos are participating in the AFC u20 Tournament.

Effectively, they are banned from the 2020 Olympic with McGree banned for an extra 6 months. McGree, was captain of the Olyroos, will never captain Australia at any level imo.

They may appeal but unlikely.

Meanwhile, the Olyroos in China are 1-0 up at the 7171-0st minute playing Lithuania u23

18 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Meanwhile, the Olyroos in China are 1-0 up at the 7171-0st minute playing Lithuania u23

Playing on ESFC time I see.....:ninja:

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

So the Angry One didn't get the FFA to stop the bans on McGree, Wales, Atkinson and Wilson. Will get even more grumpy?

These 4 players should not be allowed to take part in any FFA sanctioned competition while the Olyroos are participating in the AFC u20 Tournament.

Effectively, they are banned from the 2020 Olympic with McGree banned for an extra 6 months. McGree, was captain of the Olyroos, will never captain Australia at any level imo.

They may appeal but unlikely.

Extra 6 months for McGree? He is banned until April while the others are banned until August. Have I read it incorrectly? 

5 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

Extra 6 months for McGree? He is banned until April while the others are banned until August. Have I read it incorrectly? 

Your right, I'm wrong. 

He should have got the same ban

20 minutes ago, sonar said:

Playing on ESFC time I see.....:ninja:

Ended 1-0.

Results in these friendlies 

V China PR 5-1 win

V Korea DPR 4-0 win

V Lithuania 1-0 win

6 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

That's what I saw as well, banned until April.

https://www.ffa.com.au/news/media-statement

I hope they appeal, the FFA should ban themselves not these young players.

Is breaking curfew really worth such a harsh punishment? Considering the sex was consensual and the initial complaint retracted. This is all Tinders fault.

FCK FFA

18 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

???? - I believe Mcgree gets 4 months less.....

McGree has been banned from international duty until April 1 next year while Wales, Atkinson and Wilson were hit with longer bans through to August 10, meaning that trio cannot be selected for the Tokyo Olympics.

----

Leicester sacked 3 players and eventually the coach (one of the players was his son) for similar behaviour in Thailand a few years back.. They were dumber though, they filmed it....

Edited by MadKaw

2 hours ago, MadKaw said:

???? - I believe Mcgree gets 4 months less.....

McGree has been banned from international duty until April 1 next year while Wales, Atkinson and Wilson were hit with longer bans through to August 10, meaning that trio cannot be selected for the Tokyo Olympics.

----

Leicester sacked 3 players and eventually the coach (one of the players was his son) for similar behaviour in Thailand a few years back.. They were dumber though, they filmed it....

Thats what I said. Paul01 said that he gets more and I was correcting him.