Wanderers Bombed By Newcastle Jets

1 minute ago, MadKaw said:

FFS... why do I bother.......

Had these lyrics playing on the way home - seemed fitting.

I push my fingers into my eyes
It's the only thing that slowly stops the ache

slipknot are awesome, maybe they could play for us they have 9 members so they can fill most of our team.......cant do worse than our current bunch :P

Ashamed to admit it, as i never leave before final whistle but i turned for the exit at 0 - 5, told my son "let's go , have had enough of this ****, if they don't care i don't care", showing my age here but thought our back five were the Keystone cops in football shirts, by christ the way the Jets front line walked through us tonight, and to rub in salt there was Topor Stanley marshaling their defence showing us how it's done, by f***ity **** **** i'm off to bed, the cull must begin soon ,,,,please.

Well I enjoyed that outing.

Two splendid games of football, 10 goals in all (8 conceded) & plenty of memorable moments.

I'll be back next Saturday at Soulless to watch our highly anticipated clash with the Mariners.

We could potentially set a new record for the most losses 7 (seven) in a row at home next weekend. 

13 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Maybe Babbel should consult with other A league managers like Muscat and Popa (in particular) for some advice about how to get kids these days to care enough to find the right "mentality".

Oh that's right - they have teams who can win the occasional game.

I agree that this is a cop out.

14 hours ago, beatsurrender said:

Maybe, just maybe, Babbel is out of his depth. Apart from returning to Parramatta where to next for this team?

I obviously don't know the answer, but it's clear that this is the case.

9 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Maybe Babbel should consult with Muscat and Popa (in particular) for some advice about how to get kids these days to care enough to find the right "mentality".

Oh that's right - they have teams who can win the occasional game.

I agree that this is a cop out.

I obviously don't know the answer, but it's clear that this is the case.

Club has some massive decisions to make in the off season....actually they may as well start making them now..

Babbel could walk yet anyway...wont get good odds on that right now...but yeah...

Could next weekend be a breaking point of some kind...should it go badly against the other shite team of the comp...it would be a record breaking defeat also...

Edited by Smoggy

Whatever Wanderers  coach Marcus Babbel said at half-time either fell on deaf ears or simply made things worse. Shortly after the restart, the Jets began embarrassing the Wanderers. A looping cross from Petratos wasn't held by Janjetovic and fell  to Matthew Ridenton at the far post. From an acute angle, the Jets midfielder squeezed in the fourth of the night.

The trouble is they can't understand what he is saying. They need to download the app.

th?id=OIP.ZUvlkDRDlb0MLGYPl0fhbgAAAA&w=183&h=138&c=7&o=5&dpr=1.25&pid=1.7

Learn German with Babbel

The fun and easy way to learn German online.

I'm a beginnerI'm advanced
Available on the App Store
3 hours ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Babbel look shellshocked in the fox interview, claimed the players are not that good and aren’t listening to game plan. 

Claims there is a generational problem and the players don’t know what it is to lose 5-1 - suggesting they don’t really hurt 

interesting comments think I’ll take this to the coaches thread 

Post game interviewer should have asked Babbel: how much responsibility do you take as manager for these losses? 

Newcastle aren't a great team. They had a -8 goal difference before playing us tonight, they play a simple, straightforward, no frills counter attack style game, merrick knows his team's limitations and attempts to play to their strengths... 

Our back 4 aren't strong, but playing an expansive game makes them even more vulnerable, the first thing Babbel needs to do is focus on our defensive frailties,  play a more compact defensive style of football, simplify roles and responsibilities, and demand more of each player defensively particularly when the opposition is in our final third... we simply should not be leaking goals EVERY SINGLE FRICKEN GAME!!! 

Babbel doesn't seem to have any idea how to stop the leakseven... And to blame the players for all of it is a heap of bullsh*te and a complete cop out on his part... Just look at the roster of most of the other teams in the league... There's no way we should be getting beat so easily... and a good manager should be able to fix that... 

Babble hasn't demonstrated he's a good manager for mine... not yet at least...

Stating the obvious here the team is weak thru the middle. In any level of football the first thing is to make sure you have a decent spine. GK, CB, Midfield.

The good teams we have had did that 

Covic, NTS/Beachamp, La Rocco/ poljak ono

Tonight it was, Vedran, with Hammil (gives the ball away for the first goal), Elrich (poor guy is out of position), with two kids in front.

How much is that on Babbel?  

there isn’t much other choice in the squad, he was given, just kids.

Ziegler has been out injured more often than not, Mahazi was a last minute panic 

in Jan he brought in two wingers, both big upgrades on what we had but neither fixing the core problem. The only change we made in core was to offload a CB

as for our old mate Gumby. He was given a more experienced spine (cornthwaite, thwaite, herd, big Baccus) which fell apart on him.

Why? Depending on your view (and hashtag)  it’s some sort of combination of them being past it / not arsed and his mismanagement (let’s play a kamikaze high line)

would he have fixed it this year? Who knows?  his recruitment (of players Babbel now has) suggests not 

Edited by StringerBellend
8 hours ago, Xfactor said:

Sitting in the stands tonight I must admit at 5.0 down I was hoping we would concede 6 or 7. Was hoping with record breaking loss, media, papers, commentators, would start applying some pressure to the owners/ceo. This is embarrassing. Shockingly bad. I don’t know what else to say. Maybe a protest outside spotless next Saturday before the game? No one goes in. No one. We need to do something, the owners have shown they won’t 

In the majority of situations i reckon if someting is built to be the breaking point or seen as the final straw then you see a reaction and they actually win.

A good few times following the Boro we have been in this kind of situation and revolution from the stands was in the air....but averted at the last..that is usually the way in my experience....

So..lets heap some pressure on...make the game against supposedly the worst team in the comp this seasons line in the sand...pile the pressure on Babbel...because quite frankly i dont know what else to suggest as a supporter sitting through this shite.

The season is over but could we say next weekend is a must win? That is the kind of demand Boro fans make loud and clear...and as i say, we usually get a reaction when a certain point is reached by the fans....

Time for the losing 5 - 4 jokes to stop and get this sorted out....

Edited by Smoggy

I wonder if it is time for either a fan protest at club headquarters.

I am dissapointed the players don't seem to care. western Sydney is footballs heartland it has produced more socceroos than any other region in the country. 

These players are pissing on the legacy and spitting in thr face of the fans. 

Edited by westofcentre
15 minutes ago, westofcentre said:

I am dissapointed the players don't seem to care. western Sydney is footballs heartland it has produced more socceroos than any other region in the country. 

The only protest that the suits who own the club would understand is one that involves money......ie,,,,,,one that costs them paying out some more. Apart from people throwing in their memberships en masse I can't see what else would work. I'd hate to see our fans throw it in but some people may do so. Attendence figures should tell the club something......but fewer membership numbers might make them inclined to act.

Edited by sonar
16 minutes ago, westofcentre said:

Not a fan of fan protests...i would just like to see the pressure ramped up in via the media this coming week...interview a few fans lol Get the message out there that getting that home defeat record agaist the likes of CCM would not be acceptable....and if that happens then fans can let rip and protest however they wish should the worst happen against CCM.....because they wont have listened or shown a reaction....

Edited by Smoggy

Protests rarely achieve anything they are mostly for bored uni students 

The worst WSW performance yesterday wasn’t the one at night of field it was the email that hit in the morning 

offering 25 tickets for 250 dollars 12 hours before ko 

i mean ffs who comes Up with this **** stop trying to profit in a time when we are utter trash 

3 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Lol i am sensing next week will either be a win or it turn nasty.....the natives are getting restless....

We could do it like a drinking game....

Vedran needlessly charges out of his area.....flare

Majok loses possession with poor first touch......flare

Hamill caught out if position......flare

Tarek done for pace.....flare

VAR ****s us over......20 flares

What's the go with Llorente? He was ace when he first joined. Suddenly he can't tackle, get back, position himself or cross. Does he have an identical twin brother called Juan that can't play and is filling in for him.

Hammil is a big dumb pretty schoolboy. When he talks the club looks dumber. Doesn't lead and shouldn't captain a tinny.

Risdon appears to be going down easy these days. I think if your injured its harder to be held accountable and ensure you get a ticket to europe. Prob slot ABJ in there.

Reira gets mad at everything but it hasn't quite clicked that he's old and slow and can only score with his head. It's called football not headball so he might need to join a hackee-sack team next year.

Don't panic everybody help is at hand. Starting next home game the Club has announced that "The Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Supporters"

(SPCS) will be at ANZ. Also Foxtel will put up warning signs when broadcasting Wanderers games: "Confronting images ahead" and if you listen to the commentary they will become excruciating.

Pain killing Pills can be tested at the ground. I mean at least the club is doing something.

We conceded 5 but with Vedran, Hamill, Elrich, Llorente, Risdon in the back 4 there's a guaranteed 3 goals and Tokich giving away two pens there's your 5 but what really pisses me off is we have Suman on the bench all game and bring Russell on when the game is over why werent both these kids either playing from the start of the game or if not playing they should of been playing in the NYL Grand Final. 

You know what you guys are right. 

I grew up in an era where if fans protested it actually meant something.

Clubs were community based and players bled for the shirt. If the community was upset the players would react. 

It was an era where players could walk down the street and be treated to free lunches by grateful fans from the community they represented.

Now as people rightly pointed out the best way to protest is not to renew membership or to put pressure through the media cos the only thing the suits will listen to these days is anything that impacts the bottom line or their image in front of sponsors.

That letter written by Lederer to the fans. That wasn't really to the fans. It was like a CEO addressing shareholders in a Company. It was to the sponsors.

It's all about brand and metrics. Where is the care factor for the fans?

This game has become so foreign to me  (and many others) and more so is not even interested in people like me anymore.