All Doom and Gloom? There's Hope.

I've just watched the first 2 videos posted by Wanderboy.

I feel like crying, and I'm so damn angry, at the sight of what we had and which has (mostly) been taken away from us by the sanitisation and family friendly bs. Unfotunately, never to return because it won't be allowed to by the authorities.

And the goal celebration in the match against the Roar - thanks to VAR, will we ever see that again?

On 04/02/2019 at 8:46 AM, Smoggy said:

Never setting foot at SoP again after this season....

I’m with you :good:

On 04/02/2019 at 7:03 AM, DCWSW said:

Good old Roy

We can pretty much put this to bed, Roy speaks a lot on twitter.

On ANZ, we got 20k to the last derby. Allianz is down on the last few seasons. We have a lot to do to make the Sydney derby what it was even a few seasons ago.

Lets try selling out Parra first before we consider looking at ANZ

• 1 month later...
1 hour ago, Davo said:

It’s nice to be cheering for the Mariners to take points off the teams ahead of us. A few weeks ago we were looking over our shoulder at them trying to avoid the spoon.

I'll be cheering as well but I'm pretty sure it will be ultimately in vain. The Mariners are a lost cause this season. The Nix should get up bu 3 or 4 goals.

20 minutes ago, sonar said:

The Nix should get up bu 3 or 4 goals.

They were rubbish against Eastern Sydney, who knows! They haven’t been in good form.

22 minutes ago, sonar said:

The Mariners are a lost cause this season

Despite losing the roar 5-3, they can score goals. They just can’t keep them out.

2 hours ago, Davo said:

It’s nice to be cheering for the Mariners to take points off the teams ahead of us. A few weeks ago we were looking over our shoulder at them trying to avoid the spoon.

Footballs a funny game, we were looking like wooden spoon contenders because we were playing like **** & looked worthy of it. It was bad. Torturous.

Fast forward a few weeks & it’s like we are a different team. We are now sitting here wondering with a few results going the other way thinking we’d be comfortable in the 6. Different team, night & day.

On 04/02/2019 at 3:37 PM, Davo said:

We're not really a big club when you look at results. I copied and pasted the league tables from wikipedia into excel for each of the seasons since WSW began and it doesn't look great.

A-League:

There have been 179 regular season games since we started, we have 244 points out of a possible 537 with a win percentage of 36%. By points we're the 6th best team with Melbourne City in 7th only 3 points behind. We have a total goal difference of 12.

W-League:

There have been 84 regular season games since we started, we have 70 points out of a possible 252 with a win percentage of 23%. By points we're last, have a goal difference of -71 and have 25 less points than City even though we've played 36 more games than them.

Y-League:

There have been 86 regular season games since we started, we have 130 points out of a possible 258 with a win percentage of 47%. By points we're 5th with a total goal difference of 14 (at least we're not the AIS/FFA Centre of Excellence with a goal difference of -122).

If you put it all together Sydney FC are first (they're top in all three leagues). We're 7th, ahead of only Newcastle, Central Coast and Wellington. By win percentage we're also 7th with 36% (8th if you include the Canberra United W-League and Y-League teams). When you consider that our A-League team has had a 1st and two 2nd place finishes and our Y-League team has won stuff it shows how low the lows really are.

Just read this again... but shouldn't you look at "points per game" rather than total points? Like we only started in like 2012, so the other teams had a head start on collecting points...

We're 5th place all time for win percentage (at 37.37%, MV 1, SF 2, BR 3, AU 4, PG 6). 3rd place on draw percentage (26.32%, behind GCU & NQF in 1st & 2nd). And 5th place on the loss % (ie, we've lost the 5th least amount of games). Being 5th place on wins and 3rd place in draws isn't good enough. Obviously, it's the post-ACL era.

The W-League is just awful. Have we even made the finals?

NYL I think has done it's job well enough, we've given players game-time, we're now in the NPL and giving them more time and we've had a decent amount of players graduate to the first team. I'm not sure we should measure the NYL by win percentage (although it's not unimportant).

5 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

We've never made the W League finals and someone is copping an earful at the next fan forum over it, they won 1 game all season.

The other question to ask is why can't we sign up a current Matilda or A few of them when the Smurfs have 5 or 6.

He'll we even lost our best Matilda ever when she finished her HSC to Canberra

10 hours ago, Unlimited said:

Just read this again... but shouldn't you look at "points per game" rather than total points? Like we only started in like 2012, so the other teams had a head start on collecting points...

The first line says it's from "each of the seasons since WSW began". Those numbers are from our first season on and the other clubs totals didn't include any points from prior seasons.

It would look much worse if it was since the beginning for the A-League.

I don’t know how true this is but back in the day when the women’s team first started, Popa allegedly had to go and sit them down and give them a talking to because of attitude and behavioural issues. Basically told them to start switching on and pull their heads in from what I heard. 

48 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I don’t know how true this is but back in the day when the women’s team first started, Popa allegedly had to go and sit them down and give them a talking to because of attitude and behavioural issues. Basically told them to start switching on and pull their heads in from what I heard. 

One of the rumors that came out from the Stajcic sacking was that he advised against (or didn’t pick) players from certain teams. It certainly lines up, if he had heard about the what goes on behind the scenes at our WL team, then makes perfect sense to give that advice.

Its like advising players from joining the glory under Kenny Lowe. If you enjoyed a piss up & a night out on the town more than focusing on your football, Perth was the best destination.

14 hours ago, hughsey said:

I like this a lot, I hope it's true.

I hope they know that (i'm assuming all) WSW fans have the same expectations of them as we do the men's team.