Jump to content

Babbel out?  

129 members have voted

  1. 1. In your opinion:

    • Does Babbel deserve another season to clear out some players, rebuild the squad and impart his "mentality"?
      119
    • Do we cut out losses (either at the end of the season or asap) and start the search again?
      10


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Was he actually a hit though? Everyone was saying that they didn't think he was up the level we wanted of an international CAM.

the longer he doesn’t play the better he becomes in people’s head

he wasn’t convincing in preseason games, screamer against sydney croatia aside 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Smoggy said:

Well thats Xmas for me ruined :cry:

Be telling me there is no ******* Easter Bunny next.

You'd better sit down..

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Erebus said:

lol 3 pages on a nothing TWG article with no quotes and pure speculation. TWG are hacks.

Sadly, this is true. I love SBS, they educated many of us on the “world game”, and step in when companies like Optus screw the WC coverage etc., and a few of them still love the game, but they are nothing but a gossip machine.

This story only came up when this thread was revived.  Carns, this is all your fault!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, btron3000 said:

Sadly, this is true. I love SBS, they educated many of us on the “world game”, and step in when companies like Optus screw the WC coverage etc., and a few of them still love the game, but they are nothing but a gossip machine.

This story only came up when this thread was revived.  Carns, this is all your fault!

Les Murray and Johnny W must look down in despair. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We’ll struggle to make the top six, we had a lucky start to the season but we’re showing our true colors now. I think club management is as much to blame as Babbel.

Babbel can redeem himself though, we could at least look good on the field while we play mediocre football. Georgievski needs a haircut and man bun Meier needs Pio’s old position on the sideline.

#Babbelin with a barber 💈 the woman’s hairdressers must be costing Daniel a fortune. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Where's Taurus these days?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Where's Taurus these days?

He's commented in a couple of threads today

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Westiesarebesties said:

Was he actually a hit though? Everyone was saying that they didn't think he was up the level we wanted of an international CAM.

I mean this in the sense that he knew how to play the position. He might have been a bit passed his used by date based on preseason but he was extremely active in that front third. He chased down the play and got into good positions. His passing was a C- at best.

Regarding the TWG, I give that almost no credibility. I don’t think anyone does. But it’s started a conversation

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got to love how we have gone from rumblings of discontent from the owner to he only has a few games to save his job? In a few days, based off a thread on westsydneyfootball forum :lol:

The only way you could justify the sacking is if Lederer sacks Babbel to bring in a BL1 manager. Can you see Lederer paying out Babbels wages & then paying big money for wages plus maybe compensation for the club the new manager is leaving?

The league is in a volatile state, we aren’t in a position that we can go splashing out cash. It seems such a fanciful idea that it doesn’t make sense. Surely must be bullshit right? Drama certainly creates stories & clicks, being patient & waiting for things to turn around don’t seem to have the same effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, Prydzopolis said:

Got to love how we have gone from rumblings of discontent from the owner to he only has a few games to save his job? In a few days, based off a thread on westsydneyfootball forum :lol:

The only way you could justify the sacking is if Lederer sacks Babbel to bring in a BL1 manager. Can you see Lederer paying out Babbels wages & then paying big money for wages plus maybe compensation for the club the new manager is leaving?

The league is in a volatile state, we aren’t in a position that we can go splashing out cash. It seems such a fanciful idea that it doesn’t make sense. Surely must be bullshit right? Drama certainly creates stories & clicks, being patient & waiting for things to turn around don’t seem to have the same effect.

If the basis of the story is from posts in this forum.....I have a bridge and an Opera House I'd like to sell to this guy........:ninja:

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

TBH I don't think we're using Meier effectively at all

As a distinguished football manager myself, winning 1 FA Cup, 1 Premier League (by 20+ points), 1 League Cup, 1 Championship, and 1 League Two title on FIFA 19 career mode, I think that's one of the main issues with our attack.

It's all great to have Duke and Yeboah on the wing bombing down but they're fast players. If Meier is trying to get into the box, as tall as he is, he won't get there in time for the cross. So we end up passing backwards and trying to 'build up' the play through a now set defence. What could be a good tweak is still having Duke/Yeboah bomb along the wing, but then once Georgievski or Wilmering/Kamau has also pushed up, to recycle the ball back to the wing for the cross. Hopefully Meier can outmuscle the defence and fashion an opportunity.

However, this leaves us vulnerable to the counter.

Alternatively, get rid of this Meier at CAM BS and have him in a Dino Kresinger role in laying off the ball to a fast-running Duke/Yeboah to get in behind.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, sonar said:

If the basis of the story is from posts in this forum.....I have a bridge and an Opera House I'd like to sell to this guy

You have to make it more believable.....you have a bridge and an Opera house that you want to sell at a bargain price. You are not satisfied with the aucustics of the OP and the traffic is not flowing as expected on the bridge. 😄😄😄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If all of this bullshyte creates a siege mentality and we see a big reaction on the pitch then all good.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There is so much wrong with that article. Why would Lederer have doubts over Babbel from last season when he stated it was a year for Babbel to adjust to the league and I guess test the waters. The article states Lederer would give Babbel a 5 game ultimatum to prove himself at the season. Why would he do that 5 games into a season when you have players only just arriving. And why would Lederer expect instant dividends. A lot of things take time and are a process and I wouldn't expect instant success from players who haven't played a game or trained much in 8 months+. 

 

This article has no credibility, quotes or anything to suggest factual evidence. Seems like a hoax trying to stir up speculation and negative energy towards the club and Babbel. The only thing that makes me believe part of it is that at the season launch, Lederer continuously promised success this season, "promised". He may start to think he can't deliver that "promise" to the fans.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

If all of this bullshyte creates a siege mentality and we see a big reaction on the pitch then all good.  

That's what happened with West Ham on the weekend, they rallied, put the body on the line, had lots of passion and played as a United team..... they beat Chelsea away 0-1.......most probably it won't last and they will lose next game against Wolves but we need to see some reaction from WSW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

TBH I don't think we're using Meier effectively at all

As a distinguished football manager myself, winning 1 FA Cup, 1 Premier League (by 20+ points), 1 League Cup, 1 Championship, and 1 League Two title on FIFA 19 career mode, I think that's one of the main issues with our attack.

It's all great to have Duke and Yeboah on the wing bombing down but they're fast players. If Meier is trying to get into the box, as tall as he is, he won't get there in time for the cross. So we end up passing backwards and trying to 'build up' the play through a now set defence. What could be a good tweak is still having Duke/Yeboah bomb along the wing, but then once Georgievski or Wilmering/Kamau has also pushed up, to recycle the ball back to the wing for the cross. Hopefully Meier can outmuscle the defence and fashion an opportunity.

However, this leaves us vulnerable to the counter.

Alternatively, get rid of this Meier at CAM BS and have him in a Dino Kresinger role in laying off the ball to a fast-running Duke/Yeboah to get in behind.

This! I was so pumped when we signed Meier as this is exactly the style I envisaged. Unfortunately, it hasn't even been close....However, I will be shattered if the club sacks Babbel 7 games into a season after sitting 4th.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, tardotz said:

That's what happened with West Ham on the weekend, they rallied, put the body on the line, had lots of passion and played as a United team..... they beat Chelsea away 0-1.......most probably it won't last and they will lose next game against Wolves but we need to see some reaction from WSW.

Yep, that's the best way to put all of this to bed, go out and perform, do your job for 90mins, put in a shift and back your gaffer. The players need to get their ******* heads down and put in a shift this week.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I honestly can't believe there's media about sacking a manager that has their team currently sitting on 4th in the A-League, it's absurd.

Let me bring this to your attention then...
While Popovic was manager, he lost the first four games in the 14-15 season and was he go? No.
Also, did the team make the finals that season? No.

So if Babbel is shown the door due to a lost this weekend, the club will be the laughing stock as they've searched for a foreign manager that is supposed to lead the club to finals contention. 

There's only two things that Babbel does that annoys me though:

- He's not using any substitutions in some games. There's 7 players on the bench...f*cking use them!
- Stop using the 4-2-2-2 lineup. It's not working! It leaves a gap in the middle for the opponents to get to Lopar.

The best formation for the team at the moment is either 4-1-4-1, 4-3-3 or maybe 3-5-2. 

However, my biggest rant is there's still 21 rounds (but 19 of them were the team can claim points thanks to stupid byes) for f*ck sake!. The team is 8 points behind the leaders and there's still 57 points available for the club to claim.

Personally, It's way, WAY too early to be talking about sacking Babbel. Hopefully, this will fire up the team and provide a few wins to finish off the year.

Edited by MathyouWSW

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
53 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Yep, that's the best way to put all of this to bed, go out and perform, do your job for 90mins, put in a shift and back your gaffer. The players need to get their ******* heads down and put in a shift this week.

 

.......or..............We could all go on masse to other club forums and start rumours there....:ninja:

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

There is so much wrong with that article. Why would Lederer have doubts over Babbel from last season when he stated it was a year for Babbel to adjust to the league and I guess test the waters. The article states Lederer would give Babbel a 5 game ultimatum to prove himself at the season. Why would he do that 5 games into a season when you have players only just arriving. And why would Lederer expect instant dividends. A lot of things take time and are a process and I wouldn't expect instant success from players who haven't played a game or trained much in 8 months+. 

 

This article has no credibility, quotes or anything to suggest factual evidence. Seems like a hoax trying to stir up speculation and negative energy towards the club and Babbel. The only thing that makes me believe part of it is that at the season launch, Lederer continuously promised success this season, "promised". He may start to think he can't deliver that "promise" to the fans.

Come on mate the media doesn't lie.🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's nothing like being prepared for the worst to happen if they sack you Marcus......

https://noregrets.net.au/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

#nogrozosnoparty

He’s a kid and one for the future talk of him going based 1 and half games is more stupid than the Babel out talk 

Hey Bellend , I don't think my comment is stupid it is my opinion and does not deserve for you to refer it as stupid please show some respect hey 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
40 minutes ago, BohemianDublin said:

#Babbel must stay

The ingredients are there. [and we're thrown out the lemons]

We just need to work a bit more on the recipe.

........there may be some disagreement on that.....:ninja:.........we're playing like a lemon meringue pie........when the recipe is calling for a black forest cake

:D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sonar said:

........there may be some disagreement on that.....:ninja:.........we're playing like a lemon meringue pie........when the recipe is calling for a black forest cake

:D

mmmm.... cake....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think there is something to this article. Either disgruntled players or people within the club who want Babbel out going to the media.

 

I don't think Babbel should go. Yes we have serious concerns around lack of playing style and our ability to out our foot on the ball -control the game and complete passes.

 

But Babbel needs at least 2 - 3 seasons before he is judged. 

 

He inherited a squad that wasn't his during a disrupted season. This season he can start to build and next season we should be challenging. As long as we improve on last season there is no reason to give him he boot. Change takes time. 

Edited by westofcentre

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

babbel aside im starting to look at our management team particularly JP, he runs all the sessions etc. Is he as good as they make out?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...