Babbel Out?

Babbel out?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion:

• Does Babbel deserve another season to clear out some players, rebuild the squad and impart his "mentality"?
    • Do we cut out losses (either at the end of the season or asap) and start the search again?

29 minutes ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I struggle to understand why people are bagging out Sullivan in particular, that kid is class.

Me either, the kid is eager to have himself on the starting XI each week. 

During an interview he said he is training with Schwegler every training session so he could be just like him. 

1 hour ago, MathyouWSW said:

Me either, the kid is eager to have himself on the starting XI each week. 

During an interview he said he is training with Schwegler every training session so he could be just like him. 

Yeah it was after the Vuck game. He said he monitors everything whatever he wins and does/copies everything that Schwegler will do.

2 hours ago, THEWANDERERSPOST said:

I struggle to understand why people are bagging out Sullivan in particular, that kid is class.

I don't have a problem with Sullivan. If I had to be picky what he need to improve on is to keep his cool. I think he can get revved up way too quickly but that is something that experience will fix.

I hate saying it, I've been very pro Babbel and still think he is a cool character. However, as a manager that was the worst game I've seen. Shocking tactical choices and his refusal to use substitutes is ridiculous. Just like the Valentine's massacre, Wellington have again been involved in one of our clubs darkest days😭😭

Not good enough, we can kick and scream about ref and var not going our way, but if we can defend and score goals, we wouldn't be in that position to scrape wins. 

We need to win convincely and we have yet to do that under the Babbel regime. 

Bar lopar and Pirmin, don't get me started with his foreigner signings. 🤮

Hmm.. Maybe JT needs to get the sack, JT bringing in Gombau/Babbel have been failures. 

Edited by wanderersfanatic
3 hours ago, Taurus said:

#AngeIn

3 hours ago, octa9ona11 said:

Haha I wish!

Not sure where to put this - I know it doesnt belong here...but well done Ange!

Ex-Socceroos coach Ange Postecoglou creates history by winning Japan's J-League
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-12-07/ange-postecoglou-wins-j-league-with-yokohama-f-marinos/11777172

1 hour ago, mack said:

Surely we can't go through this much failure, to the point where JT is in charge while we appoint Gombau for 3 years then punt him after 6 months, then appoint Babbel for 3 years and punt him after a year and a half without JT being put under immense pressure from his bosses.

The Gombau one was weird. But it sounds like he wasn’t towing the club line. That makes it JTs problem for not making it perfectly clear what the deal was before he was signed.

We all expected big things from Babbel. And he went and recruit half a bloody bundesliga team from varying divisions. It turns out there is no clear direction in this setup what so ever.

The club culture and direction have been on a slide since JT took over. He has eroded most of what Gorman made this club and brought us to where we are. The slide gets steeper and steeper. I'm sure he has done some good but everything rises and falls on leadership

Thanks JT, time to go. 

Is JT here making the football decisions such as hiring managers? It’s the board/owners who make these decisions. Getting rid of JT will have zero impact.

1 hour ago, matty said:

The club culture and direction have been on a slide since JT took over.

Club culture (football side) was on the slide in Popa’s last year as manager & hit rock bottom under Gombau. Took a whole season to turn things around off the field.

I’d say club culture has never been better since winning the champions league. Obviously it’s not going to be a happy camp right now but things were so bad under Gombau.

3 hours ago, Upthehill said:

The Gombau one was weird. But it sounds like he wasn’t towing the club line

So much has said on here about the failings on Gombau, trying to compare him to Babbel is just craziness. He has completely transformed this team, unrecognisable compared to what we were under Gombau.

Am I saying Babbel is perfect? No, he has many questions over his head. Tactically I think Babbel has shown his shortcomings. He hasn’t got his recruitment 100% right, you’ve got to get your 4 visas right & playing. These two things right now are making things difficult for him.

3 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Is JT here making the football decisions such as hiring managers? It’s the board/owners who make these decisions. Getting rid of JT will have zero impact.

Club culture (football side) was on the slide in Popa’s last year as manager & hit rock bottom under Gombau. Took a whole season to turn things around off the field.

I’d say club culture has never been better since winning the champions league. Obviously it’s not going to be a happy camp right now but things were so bad under Gombau.

So much has said on here about the failings on Gombau, trying to compare him to Babbel is just craziness. He has completely transformed this team, unrecognisable compared to what we were under Gombau.

Am I saying Babbel is perfect? No, he has many questions over his head. Tactically I think Babbel has shown his shortcomings. He hasn’t got his recruitment 100% right, you’ve got to get your 4 visas right & playing. These two things right now are making things difficult for him.

Club culture, not men's first team culture. 

The 'club' involves everything from the admin team to fan relations to even mindset, or dare I say, mentality ;)

Let me give an example. Season two I wrote an email to Gorman complaining about something, generally fan treatment at the stadium but also the clubs reaction. He replied to me personally and invited me to his office for a chat. I rocked up, we charged for at least an hour, thrashed things out, he gave his perspective and listened. I'm nobody, he didn't have to do that whatsoever but it spoke volumes of the attitude at the club, that sort of thing breeds culture, something that was palpable back then. Now, you can feel it's different. JT can barely contain his disdain for fans at fan forums let alone interact like that

7 minutes ago, matty said:

Club culture, not men's first team culture. 

The 'club' involves everything from the admin team to fan relations to even mindset, or dare I say, mentality ;)

Let me give an example. Season two I wrote an email to Gorman complaining about something, generally fan treatment at the stadium but also the clubs reaction. He replied to me personally and invited me to his office for a chat. I rocked up, we charged for at least an hour, thrashed things out, he gave his perspective and listened. I'm nobody, he didn't have to do that whatsoever but it spoke volumes of the attitude at the club, that sort of thing breeds culture, something that was palpable back then. Now, you can feel it's different. JT can barely contain his disdain for fans at fan forums let alone interact like that

I'm sure majority of the core rbb left due to JT's poor leadership and attitude. 

^^^ Whilst I can see that 3 bad refereeing decisions have gone against us in the last 3 games (as Bozza clearly also believes and discussed yesterday) it isnt as though we are Robinson Crusoe in that regard.

Most teams could cite instances where they would be justified in feeling ripped off by refereeing decisions.

But....from the very start, and in every game since, Babbel has wanted to point the finger of blame everywhere,  but to his own, ultimate responsibility, for the quality of his players, the style of play and tactics they adopt.

Does he do self reflection at all?

Very happy to be proven wrong...and do I generally shy away from listening to his whole press conferences, because they annoy me. But is there evidence that he accepts ultimate responsibility for his team's performances ( and even their mentality)??

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic