Babbel Out?

Babbel out?  

129 members have voted

1. 1. In your opinion:

• Does Babbel deserve another season to clear out some players, rebuild the squad and impart his "mentality"?
    • Do we cut out losses (either at the end of the season or asap) and start the search again?

3 hours ago, Bellby said:

When Gumby was direct with the dressing room & lost the players, he was booted. If we're using that as the precedent, the exact same thing is now happening with MB, so shouldn't we boot him too? Or do we pat him on the back for saying it how it is? Double standards imo. 

I'm not really on either side, while i think MB is heavily overrated because of his playing resume & seems to take almost zero responsibility for our season, i think there's probably a need for stability in the role given the past few years. 

Id agree with you if that was the case but from what i gather MB is not losing the players in the dressing room, his losing them on the field with performances that are less than par for the HAL (Mostly in defense)

IMO i think it came down to not having the correct leadership as Hamill does nothing for us as captain, not to mention in defense as well. Do you guys think he let the team choose their own captain or was he at fault for this one?

9 minutes ago, MistahCampoy said:

Id agree with you if that was the case but from what i gather MB is not losing the players in the dressing room, his losing them on the field with performances that are less than par for the HAL (Mostly in defense)

IMO i think it came down to not having the correct leadership as Hamill does nothing for us as captain, not to mention in defense as well. Do you guys think he let the team choose their own captain or was he at fault for this one?

I suspect if the King was fit he’d have been Captain. There really was no other option than Hammil 

2 hours ago, Thommo said:

Babbel in. We need a big clear out. But i would keep Hamill as the reserve Centre back. Ive noticed with him he can have 2 good games in a row but when its 5, 6 or 7 he struggles. 

All Hammil needs is a great CB and not to be captain. One thing a friend noticed last Friday was how Topor was screaming at his defense when they were 5-0 up but you hardly hear Hammil. 

44 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

I’m babbel in but moreso just to piss of a a certain few people who still feel sorry for Gomby 

But if we could give popa a 6 years 22 million contract I’m Babbel out

look at that messiah in the west!

Pffft!

A "messiah" who abandoned his flock!  :nea:

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Pffft!

A "messiah" who abandoned his flock!  :nea:

Yep.......I acknowledge what he did early on because there is no denying the early achievments and the ACL,S3 was nearly as diabolical as this season ( 4 wins 17 losses ) and only the ACL win was a highlight but this is the the very same Popa who as a final gift to us gutted a GF team, signed 2nd rate players the season after and then left the club before the first round of the next season with a squad full of duds.

Edited by sonar

Interview with Heir Babbel from the Liverpool FC website 

https://www.liverpoolfc.com/news/first-team/337074-markus-babbel-interview-liverpool-bayern-jurgen-klopp

How is your life and work going in Sydney?

At the moment, I live a dream. Football-wise, OK, at the moment we don’t have the best team and we are struggling this season. But that’s the reason why I’m here. There is a big focus on the training ground because in three weeks we move from where we are now to a new training ground. In the new season, we’ll play in a new stadium, they’re building a new stadium – perfect for us, 30,000 people and a European style of stadium. We are struggling at the moment but they trust me; I analysed this seven months ago and it was difficult to get into the top six and the play-offs, so we have to use this season to identify players. Next season, we want to fight for the title. It’s a little bit different to Europe because we have the salary cap here, so it’s a little bit easier to go quickly to the top. Next season, we can play for the title. In football you never know, but next season there’s a realistic chance to fight for the title.

12 minutes ago, dcrow said:

"we don’t have the best team"

We all know it, but did he have to say it?? :unsure:

Big boost to team morale there! Not.

PS Sorry - no idea why the font is so big...and I can't change it. :unknw:

Just now, wendybr said:

"we don’t have the best team"

We all know it, but did he have to say it?? :unsure:

Big boost to team morale there! Not.

Go for it wendy....lol

And he's known for 7 months....lol....." I analysed this seven months ago and it was difficult to get into the top six and the play-offs"........so. not his fault......it's the players.....lol

8 minutes ago, sonar said:

Go for it wendy....lol

And he's known for 7 months....lol....." I analysed this seven months ago and it was difficult to get into the top six and the play-offs"........so. not his fault......it's the players.....lol

Pffft!

Such positivity...before the season even started!

That's dreadful tbh!

An idiotic thing to broadcast to the world!! 

Now where's that poll...:spiteful:

1 minute ago, mack said:

It's a pretty accurate assessment considering where we finished last season and where we'll finish this one.

But mack, last season was Gombau"s fault...not the players.....lol....we should of won the league with that squad....lol

So ………...he decided in the preseason that we would not make the final six.

What an inspirational leader! He decided that he couldn't make a "silk purse of out a sow's ear" as the old saying goes. :unsure:

And it seems a bit hypocritical to me to condemn his young players (20 minutes after a horrible loss) for getting on with life, whereas he would have been upset for a week after such a loss as a player....and yet he is "living a dream" here, presiding over a team that's being humiliated week after week.

Hmmmmmmmmm….

There's no real difference between playing 27 games, and playing a 28th and losing it.

His goal next year will be win a trophy, and he will be judged very quickly if he doesn't recruit well, and doesn't have a good tactical setup in the opening half-dozen games.

If the players aren't happy with being told they aren't good enough, they can feel free to leave, or perhaps, try harder and prove him wrong.

11 minutes ago, wendybr said:

So ………...he decided in the preseason that we would not make the final six.

What an inspirational leader! He decided that he couldn't make a "silk purse of out a sow's ear" as the old saying goes. :unsure:

And it seems a bit hypocritical to me to condemn his young players (20 minutes after a horrible loss) for getting on with life, whereas he would have been upset for a week after such a loss as a player....and yet he is "living a dream" here, presiding over a team that's being humiliated week after week.

Hmmmmmmmmm….

For this team the saying 'you can't polish a turd' would be more apt.

For this team the saying 'you can't polish a turd' would be more apt.

Yeah...but the manager is at least supposed to try!

Oh.......wait! :bad:

OK I was being flippant there....but I still can't see how any of what Babble (deliberate misspelling) has said would have increased the chances of this team being competitive in any way...from the outset. A manager who writes off the season before it begins need to look at himself.

9 minutes ago, mack said:

Do you think Babbel isn't trying?

Me?

IDK.

I just wish he'd try to say less to undermine any shred of hope that his players or his supporters could have anything to celebrate for the rest of the season. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic