Jump to content

NSW NPL Discussion Thread


Recommended Posts

Big few days for our NPL2 squad with St George FA tonight & Mounties including Fathead on Sunday arvo.

2 wins needed in 1st grade & wins in both 18's & 20's if we are to push our promotion credentials via the club championship to the end.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=SELECT&fixture=70096820&c=1-10179-0-514690-0&pool=1

Link to post
1 hour ago, Taurus said:

Big few days for our NPL2 squad with St George FA tonight & Mounties including Fathead on Sunday arvo.

2 wins needed in 1st grade & wins in both 18's & 20's if we are to push our promotion credentials via the club championship to the end.

http://websites.sportstg.com/round_info.cgi?a=SELECT&fixture=70096820&c=1-10179-0-514690-0&pool=1

Need a win tonight just to put the Sea Bogans in their place. They are touting promotion as well. North Shore Mariners currently in 1st place with CCM in 2nd on the Club Championship, and a win tonight would put our club in second place.

For the next round

CCM up against Northern Tigers 

NS Mariners up against Spirit.

Link to post
25 minutes ago, alexd said:

Are any forumites there?

Where can we get live scores?

Not there but score is 2-1 our way. Club Twitter and goal app are useful

Link to post

So for NPL Club Championship (last year of this format), points are as follows

NS Mariners 324

WS Wanderers 309

CC Mariners 308

NSM are currently 3rd in u18s, 7th in u20s, 1st in senior. They play Spirit who are currently 10th in u18s, 6th in u20s and 4th in seniors.

WSW are currently 1st in u18s, 2nd in u20s, 9th in seniors. We play Mounties who are 5th in u18s, 10th in u20s and 5th in seniors.

CCM are currently 2nd in u18s, 1st in u20s, 8th in seniors. They play Northern Tigers who are 4th in u18s, 3rd in u20s and 6th in seniors.

Wanderers u18s are undisputed premier's, u20 to be decided on the weekend.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
Link to post
2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

With NSM and CCM doing so well why do they need to raid our junior ranks for the a league?

That's why their doing well now.

Link to post
3 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

With NSM and CCM doing so well why do they need to raid our junior ranks for the a league?

Interestingly the npl senior side is doing poor, that gives a small insight. So many of these young kids just don’t make the step up from junior to senior level. Look at how many of the youngsters we have had over the years who have been good youth players but can’t make that step up (usually for different reasons body, skill or just not willing to work hard enough) to being apart of our senior team.

Mariners seem like the place where they are willing to throw younger players straight into a professional setup without proving themselves or those that have tried to go overseas, fail but we aren’t willing to take them back.

Link to post

The next batch of youngsters who are promoted to NPL2 or 20A's at the end of May each year, take 6+ games to find their feet against fully grown men. The NYL is a different competition altogether & that will be this current squads next challenge over the summer months. 

We have played better sides than St George City in recent weeks. The inclusion of regulars Monge in midfield, Pagden at CB & the 2 other attacking lads from the u17 Joeys in our front 3rd made us more mobile & we were superior to our opponents on the night.

Fancy still talking about Monge as still being an u17?

Link to post

Is there a site that has any video footage for NPL2 matches ? Be interested to see my best mate's son who's now in the NPL2 team - Rory Jordan

Link to post

So this week only the junior Academy teams are playing. All against junior Smurfs.

U13s playing to win the league with 3 teams possible to win.

U14s have won the league.

U15s have won the league.

U16s can't win the league as Hakoah have won it. Need a draw or win to compete in the finals.

U18s rest after winning the league 

U20s rest after winning the league

Senior Team have finished their season after not making the finals.

Edited by Paul01
Added info
Link to post
10 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Senior Team have finished their season after not making the finals.

Given all of our players are u20, we have some flexibility in who we select during the finals series.

Most of the lads who have been figuring in NPL2 recently, would be eligible to play for our u20 (B's).

Club will make an early call, as any player that will be included in the NYL squad over summer, is required to have a 4 week break / holiday.  

Any scholarship players such as Monge are unlikely to figure, as he will be training with the AL squad. 

Link to post

Finals day at Valentine Sports Park on the weekend for the Academy 

7-sep u18s 2:15pm v St George FC

7-sep u20s 4:30pm v Rydalmere

8-sep u13 9:00am v CC Mariners 

8-sep u14 10:30am v CC Mariners 

8-sep u15 12:00pm v Sutherland 

8-sep u16 1:45pm v Hakoah

Link to post
On 23/08/2019 at 6:40 PM, Taurus said:

Nope, but Rory may get access to the video taken of their games & could provide you with access

All good, I'll check with his old man! How are you going mate, it's been quite a long time. I've finally got an out of towner membership although not quite happy that I can't choose the games of my choice to attend. Depending on my work but really want to get to Bankwest for the Derby ! If I can would be great to catch up again 

Link to post
47 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

U20s win andvare through to the grand final and get another week off.

U18s lost 0-2 so play next week in order to make the grandfinal I think.

Got that wrong for the u18s. Miss out on the grand final.

Why are the NPL1 finals different to NPL2 finals.

Link to post
  • 4 months later...

ICYMI

Western Sydney Wanderers FC have confirmed they will field the following strong squad of players tonight in their trial game against Dunbar Rovers FC NPL.

No photo description available.
 
Match commentary below 
Bench - 6, 8, 13, 15 & 20
Formation : 4 - 2 - 3 - 1
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
 
About to kick off at Hensley Athletic Field for the trial between Dundar Rovers v's WSW u20's with a sprinkling of NPL2 squad members having a run
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
 
 
 
Image
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
WSW squad list can be found on the Dundar Rovers website.
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
2 - 0 at half time to WSW. Goals scored by Vasilou & Grozos
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
·
Jan 28
 
Grozos with a brace to make it 3 - 0. 55 gone
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
Grozos completes his hatrick to make it 4 nil
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
·
Jan 28
 
George Daniel slots home #5 with 5 to go
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
FT
9:35 PM · Jan 28, 2020·Twitter for Android
 
Link to post
5 hours ago, Taurus said:

ICYMI

Western Sydney Wanderers FC have confirmed they will field the following strong squad of players tonight in their trial game against Dunbar Rovers FC NPL.

No photo description available.
 
Match commentary below 
Bench - 6, 8, 13, 15 & 20
Formation : 4 - 2 - 3 - 1
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
 
About to kick off at Hensley Athletic Field for the trial between Dundar Rovers v's WSW u20's with a sprinkling of NPL2 squad members having a run
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
 
 
 
Image
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
WSW squad list can be found on the Dundar Rovers website.
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
2 - 0 at half time to WSW. Goals scored by Vasilou & Grozos
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
·
Jan 28
 
Grozos with a brace to make it 3 - 0. 55 gone
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
 
Grozos completes his hatrick to make it 4 nil
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
·
Jan 28
 
George Daniel slots home #5 with 5 to go
 
Xuc8QZrW_bigger.jpg
FT
9:35 PM · Jan 28, 2020·Twitter for Android
 

NPL2 v NPL3 trial

Time for a new thread methinks

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...