Bonevacia Leads Wanderers To Victory

6 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

lol..we moan about player turnover..a player puts in a shift like tonight..and pretty much puts in the biggest shift of anyone this season and meh...ship him out, let him turn it on elsewhere cause we will get a better replacement ...sounds familiar...there are many more players that need to be shown the door before you get to Roly...

You're not wrong. Its a frustrating situation but after he's been involved in 2 dire seasons, you have to question his longevity. 

Foreign recruitment is a huge risk. Guys Pio should have destroyed this league based on his play at Eibar. We could absolutely replace him with another Pio. But it is insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Babbel made it clear Roly was the best pick of a bad bunch, so much so he was moved to a position he has never played. I trust Babbel for foreign recruitment where I never trusted Popa.

Treat each situation in context. I prefer to let Babbel go find the cattle that will drive us forward

2 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

You're not wrong. Its a frustrating situation but after he's been involved in 2 dire seasons, you have to question his longevity. 

Foreign recruitment is a huge risk. Guys Pio should have destroyed this league based on his play at Eibar. We could absolutely replace him with another Pio. But it is insanity to do the same thing over and over and expect a different result. Babbel made it clear Roly was the best pick of a bad bunch, so much so he was moved to a position he has never played. I trust Babbel for foreign recruitment where I never trusted Popa.

Treat each situation in context. I prefer to let Babbel go find the cattle that will drive us forward

I would extremely surprised if we kept Llorente or Riera so there are two visa spots right there.ABJ is no certainty either as there are other A League clubs that will pay him good money. Going to be an interesting off season.

1 minute ago, sonar said:

I would extremely surprised if we kept Llorente or Riera so there are two visa spots right there.ABJ is no certainty either as there are other A League clubs that will pay him good money. Going to be an interesting off season.

Llorente is gone and Riera has already checked out in his head.

26 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

lol..we moan about player turnover..a player puts in a shift like tonight..and pretty much puts in the biggest shift of anyone this season and meh...ship him out, let him turn it on elsewhere cause we will get a better replacement ...sounds familiar..

I couldn't agree more Smoggy.

13 minutes ago, sonar said:

I spoke to an agent friend this week. ABJ's apparently having trouble convincing clubs of his fitness, and so he should. He played 7 games in 2 seasons then came to us he where has had one short injury and one extended one. He's got massive potential in this league, but clubs will want to know he can start 80% of games. He's heavily weighted as an attacking midfielder, he shouldnt be burning out and picking up niggles constantly.

38 minutes ago, matty said:

Two things... 

How does Majok play football, he's not very good at it. 

Harper really had an issue with us tonight. I generally don't mind him at all but 90% of his opinions of our play /players had strong negativity in them. Really odd. 

Surely that was mainly in the first half - and the same was being said here??

I generally don't mind him at all

Yay! Matty, Wanderboy (I'm pretty sure) and I think he's OK. :xbop:

And 2 of those 3 opinions count for something! :D

We know there is going to be massive turn over close season...Llorente, Riera, Hamill not good enough, Elrich, ABJ uncertain, Majok hmmm,  the kids although doing ok will need to step back a bit at some point....we know all this...for mine you keep someone like Roly to get some consistency and build something from...but anyway..if he goes to Perth good luck..

It’s utterly thrilled we didn’t shoot our selves in foot for once 

Adelaide rarely threatened with any great intent for Vedran to do much 

People spoke of roly agree with all that great game but also Tass and Tate another great showing and Baccus when he stays focus like that is an asset 

nothing to get excited of 2 wins after a season of dogshit feels nice but long way to go 

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Surely that was mainly in the first half - and the same was being said here??

Yay! Matty, Wanderboy (I'm pretty sure) and I think he's OK. :xbop:

And 2 of those 3 opinions count for something! :D

No, all game long. Listen to some of a replay if you can, I don't think it's just me. 

8 minutes ago, matty said:

No, all game long. Listen to some of a replay if you can, I don't think it's just me. 

I'll trust your opinion, Matty, as you say you don't generally find him to be biased, but you detected something unusual in his approach tonight.

I didn't listen particularly closely.

He was definitely critical at times in a way that I thought was fair enough - we've had a poor season, which he referred to, and which is undeniable. 

I generally observe that he will be balanced - critical where it's fair enough, and complimentary - of any team.

Refereeing incidents misswd

Early tackle by Roly by Isaias: reckless yellow card should have issued

After the rack of Roly's face: unsportsmanlike conduct at best (yellow) or Abusive gestures/intimidation by Jakobsen (red)

Goodwin swearing (telling him to f*** o**) at Riera and it was close enough for Elder to hear. Straight red.

8 hours ago, mack said:

Babbel in the post-game about Majok, "he can do fantastic things, but also sometimes the touch is longer than I can shoot, but this is abe."

Lol he can do amazing things...he generally only needs two touches to take the ball the whole length of the pitch., whether he intends it or not. My wife has a better first touch than him.

Look very happy with the result and Roly's performance, but...going into half time could not help feel the red wave of pressure was going to steam roller us in the second half.

Again we could not seem to get the ball off the other team, when we did have the ball 3, 4 passes and we coughed the ball up easily with errant wayward passing, seen too much of this this season, being noted many times JOD & KB together lots of running but end product is below expectation.

Sorry to bring doom & gloom this morning, but Adelaide did not show second half, but we did put in a better shift in the second part of the game, so i'll salute the players for never giving up to get that win, let's continue with that mindset next week.

For all his weaknesses this season Riera played a decent game, scored the much needed opener. Worked hard in the first half, dropping as deep as an 8 to move the ball upfield when we were bogged down. Should have put away the second, but on balance, a better performance.

Roly dominated Isais and that was the story of the night. Duke hardened the team up, and Baccus and the back 4 closed down the dangers in 2nd half. 

O'dougherty had a weak game and was in no mans land for much of the time when we defended. 

2 in a row and no late collapse, gotta be happy with that. 

17 minutes ago, FCB said:

We played with 2.5 imports and five youngsters. Our defense is a collection of the young, the slow, and the error-prone. Only very few of last night's team can expect to be around next season, or to be starting players.

Yeah was thinking about this while watching. No need to pick your Josh Risdons for the rest of the year. In other years when we haven't been in the race for the plate we have been trying to force our way into the stupid top 6. This year we can concentrate fully on getting the team better for next year. That doesn't mean that we dump every player who won't be here, but the goal should definitely be getting the young guys ready so they can play roles - mainly supporting ones! - next year.

9 hours ago, Smoggy said:

We know there is going to be massive turn over...

We know this is true - but jeez I hope that this is the ABSOLUTE LAST season we say it!  :unsure:

I'd really love a team that we basically know from one season to the next....well... more or less.

But I guess you blokes would have less to discuss/speculate on during the off season - lol.

I could write a Thesis on the going ons with Actives last night. But that would breach anonymity. And I've only had two coffee's. Insanity is too mild an adjective. Watching the game on my phone eating pizza was not the plan when booking Adelaide three months ago. 

8 minutes ago, wendybr said:

We know this is true - but jeez I hope that this is the ABSOLUTE LAST season we say it!  :unsure:

I'd really love a team that we basically know from one season to the next....well... more or less.

But I guess you blokes would have less to discuss/speculate on during the off season - lol.

No need to speculate this year..FCB has the inside track and is besties with MB.

13 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Unfortunately the salary cap will make a big turnaround of players the norm.

IF for instance we have a really good season the players could/would expect a pay rise.......get better offers from cashed up overseas clubs.....or better offers from other HAL clubs.....especially the young guns. Without being too negative to the HAL we are a proving ground for overseas clubs with more finances to pick and choose the best from. 

2 minutes ago, sonar said:

Unfortunately the salary cap will make a big turnaround of players the norm.

IF for instance we have a really good season the players could/would expect a pay rise.......get better offers from cashed up overseas clubs.....or better offers from other HAL clubs.....especially the young guns. Without being too negative to the HAL we are a proving ground for overseas clubs with more finances to pick and choose the best from. 

I remember that happened once before ............

Know where news limited sit with us. 

At a coffee shop for breakfast with the Sunday Terrorgraph. The Football section has stories on the Smurfs (w-league) which is ok but a story comparing ivanovic being compared to Beckham compared to our single column. F***w**s