Western Sydney Wanderers vs Perth Glory 24/02/2019 7:00PM

15 minutes ago, tardotz said:

Last game at spotless🍾🍾🍾πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸ₯‚πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ‰πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽ†πŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽˆπŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅πŸŽ΅

I am planning on blocking the bogs with an extra big turd to mark the occasion.

Going for a 2 - 2 draw, I hate Sunday night games.

The club's "art work" has **** you Popa written all over it. https://twitter.com/wswanderersfc/status/1098462320865484800/photo/1

Going by the pre-match interviews, club, coach, and players seem to be taking this game very serious.

MB: "We want to hurt them. We want to show them a fight. This is what I want to see on the pitch: a team who is fighting for the points, who is giving everything."

Elrich: "It’s a massive game for us. Of all the losses we’ve had in the last few minutes, [the 3:4] hurt us the most. It’s still fresh in the mind, it wasn’t that long ago."

Oriol: "For us it’s a massive game. Winning three points we have to get just trying to get our best level on the field."

Β 

Let's see if words will translate into action. Bring it on, boys!

Β 

From the RBB Facebook page

WSW vs PERTH MATCH DETAILS

Following on from our last home game, a decision to remain present but NOT active for the remainder of home games at Sydney Olympic Park has been made.

This includes consultation from various personnel within the rbb and public comments and outcry. Some reasons are, though not limited to:

- Continuing over policing and security at SOP despite dismal crowds and zero incidents.
- Both FFA bans & Stadium bans still not being addressed or looked at.
- "The new stadium" will fix everything approach by WSW management, when a deal isn't even in place yet.

We would like to place an emphasis that this action is not directed towards the players, but rather the club & management. We will still be active on away trips and will still be in the stadiums.

As Les Murray once said the club must "engage them from the start and treat them with respect - as supporters not customers - is crucial"

Β 

Hard to argue with anything in that RBB statement.

**** I hate SOP. Never again. stick to grand finals, big bash and state of origin. if we end up with derbies there next year - I'll be skipping them.

The huge question overshadowing this game - is King Jaush available? He is not listed on ins/outs lists. I am clearly stating the obvious when I say that the answer to that question will determine the outcome of the game. :xnod:

20 minutes ago, lloydy136 said:

Hard to argue with anything in that RBB statement.

**** I hate SOP. Never again. stick to grand finals, big bash and state of origin. if we end up with derbies there next year - I'll be skipping them.

The huge question overshadowing this game - is King Jaush available? He is not listed on ins/outs lists. I am clearly stating the obvious when I say that the answer to that question will determine the outcome of the game. :xnod:

The Five Dock Neymar Fan Club demands to know

surely the RBB protest and sotirios absences aren’t just coincidenceΒ 

Justice!Β 

4 minutes ago, Bellby said:

I respect the RBB & appreciate what they’ve done for the ClubΒ but it seems a littleΒ self indulgent IMO.Β 

I disagree.

I know the RBB don't speak for all fans, but you name me one fan who likes SOP?

Most fans make up the silent majority. The RBB has a voice and chooses to make it public. On this issue, I'm happy for them to speak on my behalf.

Edited by Wanderboy
3 minutes ago, Wanderboy said:

I disagree.

I know the RBB don not speak for all fans, but you name me one fan who likes SOP?

Most fans make up the silent majority. The RBB has a voice and chooses to make it public. On this issue, I'm happy for them to speak on my behalf.

Always willing to engage with appropriate criticism of the RBB when they have pulled the wrong lever, but zero probs whatsoever with the statement. Been in and out of active, seen the good and the bad, and for all their faults they are still an asset to theΒ club which (like the rest of us) has been let down too often.

7 minutes ago, Bellby said:

I respect the RBB & appreciate what they’ve done for the ClubΒ but it seems a littleΒ self indulgent IMO.Β 

I assume one of the things you appreciate is the culture they created that had us as undeniably one of the top 2 clubs in terms of atmosphere and supporters?

The reasons they give on their Facebooo page are not fabricated. AnyΒ attempt to create thatΒ atmosphere ends in ridiculous bans, and also in us looking like the bloody Melburnians, or whatever they call themselves now.

I’ve stood there over the last couple of years, trying to sing, feeling like an idiot because you know we’re coming across like the other lame β€œactive” groups.Β 

Better to protest the **** attitude towards the RBB than have us continue toΒ fall into the mediocrity of the rest of the A-League.

7 minutes ago, Bellby said:

Yeah I kinda agree.Β 

I don’tΒ see what this will achieve except more negativity leading into our next season which will be a disappointing way to start in our new stadium.Β Β I thought there was good momentum building up to this game and now the bubble is burst.Β 

On the other hand, the RBB can do whatever they like, that’s their perogative.Β 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic