Auf Wiedersehen Spotless

So good for Tarek at 94 mins 30 seconds to score that one.  Perth  put 11 men behind the ball for that game because popa was worried of a repeat of last game where we got in behind quiet frequently. Of course that completely limited their attacks to two opportunities.

ABJ was mentioned in Babbel's presser as not being fit but the game plan was to put Duke in second half to impact our play which he certainly did. Bridge re-entry lifted the team as well, and he gave us the whole package (goal scoring chance, epic tackle which I am sill figuring how the ref saw a foul and a wayward pass). We certainly have missed him.

Soulless glad were leaving for good and never return. 

1 hour ago, Upthehill said:

Out of interest, what was it that the players were not doing that they should have been? Or was it just general game plan they have ignored?

In the pre game presser, MB was asked about the adelaide win. He said something along the line of "it helps when the players follow our instructions". Words to that effect. My reading: the player group has finally gotten the hang of following and executing the game plan, and sticking to it for the duration of the match. I'd say that's the reason why Sotirio and Majok keep playing, fitzgerald and raul are in the wilderness, and tongynk is not at the club any longer. We are witnessing the end of average HAL grade players at the club, they are being made redundant by our youth players. 

15 minutes ago, FCB said:

In the pre game presser, MB was asked about the adelaide win. He said something along the line of "it helps when the players follow our instructions". Words to that effect. My reading: the player group has finally gotten the hang of following and executing the game plan, and sticking to it for the duration of the match. I'd say that's the reason why Sotirio and Majok keep playing, fitzgerald and raul are in the wilderness, and tongynk is not at the club any longer. We are witnessing the end of average HAL grade players at the club, they are being made redundant by our youth players. 

Or maybe we were lucky against Adelaide and unlucky in a couple of the previous games . Babel’s pre game  instructions “  don’t concede goals in last 15 mins “ .They are finally listening to you Markus 

1 hour ago, TheSweeper said:

Or maybe we were lucky against Adelaide and unlucky in a couple of the previous games . Babel’s pre game  instructions “  don’t concede goals in last 15 mins “ .They are finally listening to you Markus 

Indeed, we just got the rub of the green in Adelaide. Like we hadn't in previous games. They missed a penalty remember and were all over us at the time.  I think we finished it on the break as so many have done against us. Squad is nowhere near good enough. Not to challenge Victory and the Smurfs consistently anyway. Marcus or no Marcus

No question MB is tactically demanding. Every player has multiple jobs in variations of the system and they need to execute at all times. While they lack the technical skills, he's picked the players that can get most of the job done most of the time. The looming weakness is still CDMs and again baby Baccus failed to track his man and CBs (and keeper) exposed, goal. 

You can't complain if they're beaten for skill or pace, but when its tactical it's very frustrating to watch. 

Happy for the Lebanese legend. While he's been skinned a few too many times, he bleeds for this club and deserves the feelings he had last night and hopefully today. 

Riera was complete shite. Flat footed, and seemed to be unfit, or not bothering to run. Get rid of him and sign a decent marquee.

Also, am I the only person who's trawled through the future fixtures and reckons we can grab 18 points. Just need Wellington, City and the Jets to collapse. C'mon *****.....

18 minutes ago, Benched said:

Also, am I the only person who's trawled through the future fixtures and reckons we can grab 18 points. Just need Wellington, City and the Jets to collapse. C'mon *****.....

Yes I think we can get 21 points 

Win the next 2 and it could get interesting 

6 minutes ago, FCWanderers said:

The venue named ‘Number 1 Stadium for fan experience’ four years running in the AFL season is home to the GWS GIANTS and Sydney Thunder Big Bash Cricket.

Sounds great 

13 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

The venue named ‘Number 1 Stadium for fan experience’ four years running in the AFL season is home to the GWS GIANTS and Sydney Thunder Big Bash Cricket.

Sounds great 

Rigged result by the AFL to try grow their pathetic product in football heartland.

Don't believe it for a second.

55 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Yes I think we can get 21 points 

Win the next 2 and it could get interesting 

And Heartle$$ are likely to lose the next 2 games playing Perth and Smurfs. We then play them after that.

11 minutes ago, Keithie said:

So I was at the game last night but have been told the Fox commentators have indicated Roly has signed with Perth and we close with Davidson ?? any truth Roly has gone 

There is nothing I can find to confirm he has signed....just speculation at the minute I think. There was a smh article saying he wants to link with Popovic but nothing concrete signed.....that was 2 weeks ago.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/soccer/popovic-looking-to-reunite-with-bonevacia-at-glory-20190212-p50x9l.html

18 minutes ago, Unlimited said:

Everyone raves about the food there - I only got one of those spinach and cheese rolls which wasn’t too bad tbh. But expensive. 

i decided against making a food purchase after seeing a young person serving food scrape up chips  that had fallen from the containers  from the counter and throw them back in  the mix ,

on  a positive note, was suitably impressed with the end result from last nights game,onwards and upwards,COYW.

45 minutes ago, sonar said:

We'd likely need to win 6 of the 7 games remaining and probably also need a point in the 7th. Wellington have a really easy run into the finals now, we'd have to hope they drop points they really shouldn't (on top of us beating them), and for City to lose the majority of their remaining games.

We're not mathematically out of it yet.

22 minutes ago, mack said:

We'd likely need to win 6 of the 7 games remaining and probably also need a point in the 7th. Wellington have a really easy run into the finals now, we'd have to hope they drop points they really shouldn't (on top of us beating them), and for City to lose the majority of their remaining games.

We're not mathematically out of it yet.

As much as I would like us to I don't see us making the 6......we have Victory and ESFC games to come and our current history v those teams is weak at best. As good as Riera was last season he is just a passenger as far as scoring is concerned. Bridge and Duke have some mongrel in them in front of goal but their fitness is not 100% and playing them from the start and for 90min may cause more injuries. We may go in front of the Jets...I think we'll come 7th.

If we win all our games we're on 38 points. Wellington only need 10 points to stay ahead of us, and they play the other 3 teams in the bottom half of the table, and our game against them is in Wellington.

City would only need 9 points from 7 games that includes playing against the Mariners & Roar, plus our game against them, in addition to Adelaide and Wellington. Even if they lose the next two against Perth and SFC, they'll still have 5 games against the lesser teams in the competition, and this all assumes we don't drop any points at all.

If we lose to Victory & SFC the Nix & City would only need a single win.

Even finishing about Newcastle will be an effort as we'd need to beat their results by 2 wins and a draw in just 7 games.

8 hours ago, FCB said:

Again, I don't agree.

We have been playing with motley crews for all of the season, to varying degrees. All our imports were injured at some stage, a few senior players were found out and fell by the way side (Raul, Nizic, Fitzgerald, Tongynk, Scott). Tarek and Hamill were forced to play non stop, and at times they were made look worse than they are. Mahazi didn't have a pre season, worked individually with the fitness coach for a month away from the team, and going by yesterday's game he's caught up. For the remainder of the season, with Bridgey, Duke, Yeboah, Sotirio, and Majok available, we will not have to talk about Fitzgerald and Kamau again.

Going by the last three games, the playing group is finally doing what the coaches wanted them to do. We start to look good. Let's see what happens in Brisbane.

Next season: Ziegler returns, players like Brattan Mileusnic and maybe Davidson to join, plus maybe someone like Kirchhoff and a quality striker, and we'll be pumping.

I would LOVE to have Brattan playing for us - but he seems to be playing regularly now for City.

Why would they want to part with him??  Is he still a genuine possibility for us??

12 minutes ago, mack said:

If we win all our games we're on 38 points. Wellington only need 10 points to stay ahead of us, and they play the other 3 teams in the bottom half of the table, and our game against them is in Wellington.

City would only need 9 points from 7 games that includes playing against the Mariners & Roar, plus our game against them, in addition to Adelaide and Wellington. Even if they lose the next two against Perth and SFC, they'll still have 5 games against the lesser teams in the competition, and this all assumes we don't drop any points at all.

Even finishing about Newcastle will be an effort as we'd need to beat their results by 2 wins and a draw in just 7 games.

I seriously don’t see us doing it. But still our next four games are roar wellington city jets. Win all four and derby will be interesting at least 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Sounds great 

Going to go against the flow here. I watched the 7's theres - ******* brilliant. Cricket is brilliant. Saw GWS towel up a few teams, loved it. For football? Dog's arse. When you want a small carnival atmosphere its perfect. Wanderers dont need 50 fijians circling the stadium drums, we need the RBB scorching heating in a tiny rectangle. Its also in the mniddle of effing no where. Thats fine for most codes because you're watching for longer, doesnt work for football.

City don't function like a normal football team. City are a farm team for City Football Group. The coach and management have destroyed their relationship with multiple expensive first team players. Fornaroli, Cahill, Kilkenny, Jakobsen, Brandan and even our own Bruce Kamau have all been brushed by the wayside, frozen out & forced out by Joyce with the tacit approval of the CFG management.

And it's not just players, he forced out Joe Montemurro from his coaching group because of a disagreement and he left to join the Arsenal Women's team.

Brattan is really the only player who has come back from the Joyce treatment and I can't imagine Brattan signing a new contract (assuming City even want to re-sign him). City want a team made up of a handful of 'professionals' who do whatever Joyce wants and the rest with as many young players they have signed from other A-League clubs.

17 minutes ago, mack said:

Traditionally 36 points gets you in the final with the notable exception of all 6 being above 40. Even if we make it, we're getting toweled up in the first final

TBH IDGAFF about the finals. Give tate and Tass park time, Duke and yeboah score some goals. Hell, even ABJ has time to earn his next contract.

3 minutes ago, mack said:

City don't function like a normal football team. City are a farm team for City Football Group. The coach and management have destroyed their relationship with multiple expensive first team players. Fornaroli, Cahill, Kilkenny, Jakobsen, Brandan and even our own Bruce Kamau have all been brushed by the wayside, frozen out & forced out by Joyce with the tacit approval of the CFG management.

And it's not just players, he forced out Joe Montemurro from his coaching group because of a disagreement and he left to join the Arsenal Women's team.

Brattan is really the only player who has come back from the Joyce treatment and I can't imagine Brattan signing a new contract (assuming City even want to re-sign him). City want a team made up of a handful of 'professionals' who do whatever Joyce wants and the rest with as many young players they have signed from other A-League clubs.

Yes he is back from the wilderness, it seems.

Why is it the players and not Joyce who's on the outer??