Auf Wiedersehen Spotless

12 minutes ago, mack said:

If we win all our games we're on 38 points. Wellington only need 10 points to stay ahead of us, and they play the other 3 teams in the bottom half of the table, and our game against them is in Wellington.

City would only need 9 points from 7 games that includes playing against the Mariners & Roar, plus our game against them, in addition to Adelaide and Wellington. Even if they lose the next two against Perth and SFC, they'll still have 5 games against the lesser teams in the competition, and this all assumes we don't drop any points at all.

If we lose to Victory & SFC the Nix & City would only need a single win.

Even finishing about Newcastle will be an effort as we'd need to beat their results by 2 wins and a draw in just 7 games.

I seriously don’t see us doing it. But still our next four games are roar wellington city jets. Win all four and derby will be interesting at least 

6 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Traditionally 36 points gets you in the final with the notable exception of all 6 being above 40. Even if we make it, we're getting toweled up in the first final

TBH IDGAFF about the finals. Give tate and Tass park time, Duke and yeboah score some goals. Hell, even ABJ has time to earn his next contract.

If we somehow managed to win all our games to make it into the finals why not make it 3 more to win the Grand Final. :xnod:

9 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

Traditionally 36 points gets you in the final with the notable exception of all 6 being above 40. Even if we make it, we're getting toweled up in the first final

TBH IDGAFF about the finals. Give tate and Tass park time, Duke and yeboah score some goals. Hell, even ABJ has time to earn his next contract.

in the highly unlikely event of us making the finals with 38 points we would have won 7 in a row including sydney and victory in that (and be unbeaten in 10) this hypothetical team would then be form team going into semis and unlikely be snotted 

none of this is happening of course 

but if the miracle of anz occurs on the 27th of April then our brave boys in red and black aren’t getting snotted by anyone 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

in the highly unlikely event of us making the finals with 38 points we would have won 7 in a row including sydney and victory in that (and be unbeaten in 10) this hypothetical team would then be form team going into semis and unlikely be snotted 

none of this is happening of course 

but if the miracle of anz occurs on the 27th of April then our brave boys in red and black aren’t getting snotted by anyone 

@mack sorry, you get to choose 7 for the limo. I've long been a fan of Stringer's posts, they're my choice. You get 7 picks

You say that now, but just wait until I scour the member list to find accounts from the likes of Bossi, Rugari, Gatt and Smithies.

Who knows, maybe we'll be sharing a limo with Adno, Smithies & Bossi. Rip some smokies driving up the freeway and give them a nice anti-WSW article before we've even got to the stadium.

I wonder if Big Dave Gallop has an account.

11 minutes ago, Upthehill said:

@mack sorry, you get to choose 7 for the limo. I've long been a fan of Stringer's posts, they're my choice. You get 7 picks

I’d probably hold off booking that limo for a few weeks or at least make sure you can get your deposit back 

how long is it to Perth in a limo anyway? 

@mack any chance that Lucy Zelic has an account 

Edited by StringerBellend
8 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

I’d probably hold off booking that limo for a few weeks or at least make sure you can get your deposit back 

Why bother, she's taken (and pregnant).

25 minutes ago, mack said:

Why bother, she's taken (and pregnant).

In this reality we’ve just made the grand final by winning 9 in a row unbeaten in 12. Including wins against both sydney and victory at anz   

My Lucy Zelic limo related fantasy is just as likely 

Edited by StringerBellend
13 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

IF

We win our remaining matches and every other match is a draw! We finish 5th on goal difference behind Adelaide (with my what if scorelines). Improve that by 3 goals and we get 4th!

IF

I’m loving this optimism 

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

If we make the final against perth.. IIIIIFFFFF....  I'll get ten lads over there,

Me, Mack, Stringer, My brother (10 year glory fan), 6 WSF posters.

Rain hail or shine, ill make it happen

On 24/02/2019 at 9:25 PM, FCB said:

How do you like them apples, Popa?

That's what I call mentality! Young makeshift line up becomes even more makeshift after JoD comes off early, but here we are. It looks like we are finally where MB wanted us to be at a minimum: hard to beat. Better late than never! And thank goodness for The King being back.

But the king finished after this season,he will be missed.

Did anyone notice on the advertising next to the big screen end there was possibly pricing for next season’s membership? I couldn’t quite see it clearly as I was at the other side of the ground but I could read:

Black: $31 per match

Red and Black: $27 per match

Black and White: $21 per match

Was anyone able to see it up close?

6 hours ago, Roger said:

Did anyone notice on the advertising next to the big screen end there was possibly pricing for next season’s membership? I couldn’t quite see it clearly as I was at the other side of the ground but I could read:

Black: $31 per match

Red and Black: $27 per match

Black and White: $21 per match

Was anyone able to see it up close?

Those prices are for this current season since we still have 3 games at ANZ

There is no finals football this season 

Yes you can play the hypothetical game but it would require nix adl or city or jets to go essentially shoot themselves in the foot of epic proportions - it is nice to dream 

The rest of season should be about keeping this run going And focussing on getting a derby win. 

Lots of players playing for contracts but to be honest most of the free agents have had long enough to show what they have got I don’t think Babbel is dumb enough to roll the dice again with players like Reira and Baum again, especially as I assume they would be our top earners 

18 hours ago, TheSweeper said:

Or maybe we were lucky against Adelaide and unlucky in a couple of the previous games . Babel’s pre game  instructions “  don’t concede goals in last 15 mins “ .They are finally listening to you Markus 

We've heard all season that we don't maintain structure, that we don't stand compact enough, that we can't defend. We did all of that in the last three games, ever since MB put a rocket up his players' backsides. It was not luck that we had a comfortable win against CCM, kept Adelaide quiet in the last 20 minutes, and that a very young WSW side was able to put just enough pressure on the Glory to salvage a point. That's progress.

26 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

Yes you can play the hypothetical game but it would require nix adl or city or jets to go essentially shoot themselves in the foot of epic proportions - it is nice to dream 

The rest of season should be about keeping this run going And focussing on getting a derby win. 

Lots of players playing for contracts but to be honest most of the free agents have had long enough to show what they have got I don’t think Babbel is dumb enough to roll the dice again with players like Reira and Baum again, especially as I assume they would be our top earners 

Only chance if we win the remaining seven games, and that seems highly unlikely. But on paper at least we can beat Roar, CCM, Jets, Nix, and City. By the time we play Smurfs and VIC they will feel the pressure of the ACL campaign. But yes, highly unlikely.

Going by the reaction of team and coaching staff to Tarek's equalizer, everyone is still pumped. Let's see what happens in Brisbane.

41 minutes ago, GunnerWanderer said:

:smurfpoint:

A couple of those teams have got the gun out with the bullets ready if not loaded!

But, having said that, I'm too much of a realist ........

After all, I remember back in the day that I started to imagine we might win the ACL .........

5 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

:smurfpoint:

A couple of those teams have got the gun out with the bullets ready if not loaded!

But, having said that, I'm too much of a realist ........

After all, I remember back in the day that I started to imagine we might win the ACL .........

I think it's more like the bullets are in flight and we need to pull off some Agent Smith bullet time.

30 minutes ago, GD07 said:

There’s only one remaining game that is a must win. The rest 🤷‍♂️

This is all getting a bit too Evertonesque if our cup final each year is the derby 

we shouldn’t care about them so much, we should just win stuff 

10 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

This is all getting a bit too Evertonesque if our cup final each year is the derby 

we shouldn’t care about them so much, we should just win stuff 

That's the bottom line really.

The best in Sydney will soon be a 3 cornered contest. Bring it on....!