Jump to content
ManfredSchaefer

Wanderers Members Committee News

Recommended Posts

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

42 minutes ago, theguyyouwishyouwere said:

also a huge help when people actually relay the information received in these forum/meeting thingys to other members and mediums rather than just acting coy about it and like what you heard is for your ears only. 

And relay and disclose what exactly?

You are very much overestimating the nature and content of the information provided. In essence. last year's meetings were a re-iteration of what had been communicated multiple times by the club in various ways (Marconi, media, web site etc). Just because you didn't read it here doesn't mean that it hadn't been said or written elsewhere. Multiple times. How many messengers do you need?

People don't hear or believe what Lederer says in the media, or what JT says at Marconi, or what the club announces via the various channels available to them. That's the issue here. The club is as transparent as they can be, and yet people don't believe it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Haha people are making out like a stonecutters meeting took place. 

If you look at the info JT, O’Rourke etc. have shared on the DL, it’s mostly about policing and security accompanied by an underlying tone that they’re sick of it too. They can’t say that in a formal, public release because it would be suicide for the relationship between the HAL/WSW and authorities. 

These controversial subjects, if communicated off the record well, filter their way through various people and the knowledge spreads. I’m fine with that so long as it doesn’t turn into Chinese whispers and things get blurred.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, CaptainJess said:

Unfortunately there's plenty of people who have an inflated sense of importance and love to say a lot without actually saying a lot. There's a few on this forum and it irks me that they withhold information for no obvious reason other than to throw it in people's faces in a "na na nana na I know something you don't" way. I'm all for protecting sources

I think I’m in the camp, at times people say things which they don’t want attributed to them. The problem with these things, if you say x told me & it gets out, they won’t tell you again.

21 hours ago, FCB said:

In essence. last year's meetings were a re-iteration of what had been communicated multiple times by the club in various ways (Marconi, media, web site etc). Just because you didn't read it here doesn't mean that it hadn't been said or written elsewhere. Multiple times.

I have no issue with your stance on things, especially if you’ve had a private conversation & hope you don’t take my quote above as a dig. More as an example of a degree of understanding of issues.

In saying that, I disagree, what was mentioned in the meeting is not the same that was mentioned in either the website or media. I refuse to venture on to Facebook because it is a cesspool & I’m a pretty heavy twitter user, telling you that very little gets discussed on twitter. Even on the forum, it’s spread across so many threads & places that it’s hard to read/find everything.

The information communicated in the Marconi members forum & members committee is very different to what gets discussed on every other medium. Sure there is some cross over & reinforcement between the meetings such as venue, security, police, SWS but it’s this stuff that we want to know about & get regular updates. Take SWS for example, members forum the expansion hadn’t happen & members committee was after the decision in December & same goes for active issues.

One issue that was raised at the members forum was that I felt there was a disconnect between the fan base & management. Mark made a valid point that nothing had changed it was that the club had grown & we had a bigger fan/memberbase. This may be right but as Manfred states, they need to do a better job at getting this information, especially on issues that matter most to us, out to members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 28/02/2019 at 7:14 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Perhaps you should contact the club Manfred to confirm but much of this information you can glean from WSW management via informal discussions. You throw some crumbs around FCB, so do the ATB boys on the podcast which is very similar to what has been discussed on this thread. Nothing has been said publicly via the main stream or even football media but the information does come out in one form or the other via unofficial channels like this forum & other means.

I'm nitpicking here - we share what can share. If someone asks us not to disclose something and shows trust in us to comply - we respect it (regardless of where that avenue comes from). We seek clarification on how we can share the information from the person who shared it - if they don't feel comfortable - we don't share it. 

If it's easier - we just won't share information at all from now on. There hasn't been a secret method to how we get our information; we just strike up a conversation and keep a relationship - you're all free to do the same. I dare say there are members of this forum who have a better inside track on information that what we have on the podcast anyway. 

My personal feeling towards rumours is that they're all rather meaningless till it becomes fact. Nice to indulge in but rather meaningless over all. 

Edited by spectacular291

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/03/2019 at 2:46 PM, FCB said:

And relay and disclose what exactly?

You are very much overestimating the nature and content of the information provided. In essence. last year's meetings were a re-iteration of what had been communicated multiple times by the club in various ways (Marconi, media, web site etc). Just because you didn't read it here doesn't mean that it hadn't been said or written elsewhere. Multiple times. How many messengers do you need?

People don't hear or believe what Lederer says in the media, or what JT says at Marconi, or what the club announces via the various channels available to them. That's the issue here. The club is as transparent as they can be, and yet people don't believe it.

This is a very good point. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, spectacular291 said:

If it's easier - we just won't share information at all from now on.

You have taken my post differently from what it was intended, all I’m saying is that information is/needs to be spread to the wider fan base. The club need to do a better job on communicating on key issues to the fan base, the members committee is good but it doesn’t go further than those who attended the meeting. That’s why the overwhelming majority were really grateful that information was shared in this thread.

Going back to you, I understand the situation you are in, you hear things that you can’t repeat or can’t reveal who told you. I used the words “crumbs” not as a criticism but as an apt description of the way in which some information gets to the wider member base. This isn’t on you, nor FCB which I mentioned in that post, rather comes back to the club to find a better solution for communicating key issues to its members base.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

You have taken my post differently from what it was intended, all I’m saying is that information is/needs to be spread to the wider fan base. The club need to do a better job on communicating on key issues to the fan base, the members committee is good but it doesn’t go further than those who attended the meeting. That’s why the overwhelming majority were really grateful that information was shared in this thread.

Going back to you, I understand the situation you are in, you hear things that you can’t repeat or can’t reveal who told you. I used the words “crumbs” not as a criticism but as an apt description of the way in which some information gets to the wider member base. This isn’t on you, nor FCB which I mentioned in that post, rather comes back to the club to find a better solution for communicating key issues to its members base.

Yeah I knew your overall point - hence my post starting with "I'm nitpicking here". I was going too far down another tangent - my bad! :good:

On this point you make - what more would you like the club to do? The information gets released & the club make themselves available to be discussed with. It's also discussed at the Marconi forum too (of which I'm constantly disappointed at the turnout each year for what is such an important event). If you suggest a more consistent member forum over a season I would agree but general turnout does not suggest so (unfortunately). 

Regarding information that isn't more readily available or widespread; there are sensitivities as the information and relationships between the club, FFA, other A-League clubs, local area command, active support, security, stadium management, sponsors, local council, state politics, etc. are extremely sensitive and volatile. Especially right now with the move back to Parramatta. 

I imagine you know or understand this. I only ask then, why expect any details on the inner workings unless all parties are agreed? Adding more parties to this information would only complicate matters further. I'm personally not party to it and I'm happy not to be. Imagine if one of those parties publicly released information that is then contradicted by another party? It's not a great look. This also doesn't even consider possible misunderstandings or miscommunications of which I could imagine there is a few in differing issues. 

Each party has a vested interest and responsibility and they don't always marry up (if ever) - trying to find a common ground can be arduous.

My personal feeling is that we should be happy the club provide an avenue to discuss these matters (whether it's via a conversation, email, phone call, etc.). JT makes himself available as do other members of the club. 

Granted, the community forum, as Manfred has mentioned, is a tool for the club to understand what is happening in the wider fanbase in different segments and demographics. They post the minutes of the meeting on the website (I believed they may have emailed all members a link to it - don't quote me on that).

Whether there should be a way to communicate member's voices to the club in a more efficient manner (other than general punter feedback or surveys) would be beneficial to all involved - there could be a good argument for it. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Are fan representatives of this committee rotated or is it generally the same people? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, matty said:

Are fan representatives of this committee rotated or is it generally the same people? 

Rotated 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Rotated 

It’s been around for 2 seasons, it is done via an application process.

——————————-

Can someone ask what we will be doing to make sure the ground is in top condition for our matches? Is it apart of our contract to ensure a certain quality?

We have a pretty clear run for 2/3 of the season but worried that I’m the final 1/3 there are a number of teams that will be playing at the venue, not just the eels as we had in the last few seasons at the old stadium.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 01/04/2019 at 8:03 PM, Prydzopolis said:

You have taken my post differently from what it was intended, all I’m saying is that information is/needs to be spread to the wider fan base. The club need to do a better job on communicating on key issues to the fan base, the members committee is good but it doesn’t go further than those who attended the meeting. That’s why the overwhelming majority were really grateful that information was shared in this thread.

Going back to you, I understand the situation you are in, you hear things that you can’t repeat or can’t reveal who told you. I used the words “crumbs” not as a criticism but as an apt description of the way in which some information gets to the wider member base. This isn’t on you, nor FCB which I mentioned in that post, rather comes back to the club to find a better solution for communicating key issues to its members base.

Club members should have at least two meetings a year chaired by club CEO for info regard whats going on at the club.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

I know this might sound a little out of the ordinary, but is there any reason why the Club Members Committee couldn't themselves organize a meeting with general members, to see and hear their grievances, as well as their positive feedback, and then pass this feedback back to the club?

Not sure how it would be organized or funded. This is just a thought.

It appears that the club organized fan forums attracts mostly bogans whose major questions are why we haven't ******* well signed Messi and Ronaldo.

Maybe, if we had a more literate and informed demographic passing on thoughts to the club, we may very well get further?

I've been to Parramatta Eels members nights, and the questions from some of the members have just had me standing up and walking out in embarrassment.

I'd like to think we are better than that with our negotiations with our club as members. 

Edited by Wanderboy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Wanderboy said:

I know this might sound a little out of the ordinary, but is there any reason why the Club Members Committee couldn't themselves organize a meeting with general members, to see and hear their grievances, as well as their positive feedback, and then pass this feedback back to the club?

Very good point. For me, time. I hardly had enough time to commit to all the games, this was before Prydz junior was born :lol: 

The only proper way to facilitate this would be a supporters trust (if this were to be a part of a fan ownership model, it would give the fans a real stake in the process) who would manage this process. The members committee is run by the club & has new candidates every year. Very difficult to manage this process.

In the meantime, the WSF forum is a pretty good medium to use to facilitate the feedback from the members to the committee & then pass that on to the club via the meetings they hold with the club.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Very good point. For me, time. I hardly had enough time to commit to all the games, this was before Prydz junior was born :lol: 

The only proper way to facilitate this would be a supporters trust (if this were to be a part of a fan ownership model, it would give the fans a real stake in the process) who would manage this process. The members committee is run by the club & has new candidates every year. Very difficult to manage this process.

In the meantime, the WSF forum is a pretty good medium to use to facilitate the feedback from the members to the committee & then pass that on to the club via the meetings they hold with the club.

Can't speak for other members of the committee who are here in the WSF, but I'm happy to receive DMs that I might then be able to raise when we have our next meeting.

Has to be said that I don't believe we can act as advocates (for reasons I've outlined previously). Additionally, considering the desultory manner in which the committee is being engaged with by the suits, I'm not expecting too much from them even if advocacy was a role we had.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

Yeah I knew your overall point - hence my very long post

It’s a very long post to unpack so I’ll split it up as best I can without taking comments out of context

On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

On this point you make - what more would you like the club to do?

This is an important point, which you raise in your last paragraph

On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

Whether there should be a way to communicate member's voices to the club in a more efficient manner (other than general punter feedback or surveys) would be beneficial to all involved - there could be a good argument for it. 

There are many out there that are happy to go to matches and/or spend countless hours on Wanderers family hanging **** on Sotirio. I’d say there are a subset of fans that obsession goes a little deeper than that & I assume if you’re reading this that you fall into this category.

On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

Regarding information that isn't more readily available or widespread; there are sensitivities as the information and relationships 

i imagine you know or understand this. I only ask then, why expect any details on the inner workings unless all parties are agreed?

These fans want & need more information than what is just publicly available, there are always big issues that are happening around the club that I don’t feel that the club adequately  explain or don’t pass that explanation to the fans. I felt this process happened in season 1 & 2, but since then as the club has grown I have noticed a divide between the club & its members. 

Take the security & police situation. I don’t feel what has happened in regards to the bans handed out to the capo last season were adequately explained nor the club firing the supporter marshal. Similar things have happened this year at SOP which I think the fans want a better explanation. 

On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

My personal feeling is that we should be happy the club provide an avenue to discuss these matters (whether it's via a conversation, email, phone call, etc.). JT makes himself available as do other members of the club. 

I have emailed the club numerous times on issues & received no response, but I know others on here have received phone calls to feedback.

What other ideas? A simple one is both Shaun & Ben were active on the forum in the early years. Not to troll through the politics or off topic threads but have a dedicated section of the forum where fans/members can ask questions or give feedback. I also feel they used to read specific threads which gave them a “finger on the pulse” aspect that they no longer possess on some issues.

On 02/04/2019 at 3:32 PM, spectacular291 said:

Whether there should be a way to communicate member's voices to the club in a more efficient manner (other than general punter feedback or surveys) would be beneficial to all involved - there could be a good argument for it. 

Should we be grateful? The club held such high standards in those first few years that it would be impossible to keep that standard as the club grew. In fact the club positioned itself as a community club whose engagement with the community set it apart from the competition. Should we be grateful or should they strive to keep high standards in this area? 

It shouldn’t just be “they have to” but “they should want to” but as a privately owned business they are certainly doing more than the bare minimum but not much more they can do themselves. I can’t see them devoting more time & resources to it than they already have already. I think it needs to be fan driven as part of fan ownership/supporters trust.

One of the many roles of the supporters trust would be to facilitate this feedback process to the club & with these members involved with the club to ensure that this actually gets acted upon as opposed to just lip service. Having more ownership over the process, especially physically owning part of the club as opposed to being a paying customer would change mindsets.

This I believe is the next step & evolution as a community club. This is my opinion of course but I’m sure there are other ideas & methods that the club could communicate with us but requires the club to see adequate benefit from the time/resources allocated.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Prydzopolis, I think you and I have different ideologies, which is more than fine. 

I think if I replied, it would be a long essay that none of us have to time to prepare or read. If you like, I'm happy to make myself available for a coffee at a game to chat further - just dm me via WSF and I'll make myself available. 

Good chat mate :good:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can’t remenber whether I asked this previously, but can you ask what the club has done to ensure that the field is in proper condition when we play games at Parramatta stadium? Will it be written into the contract? Will compensation be paid as a result of poor field conditions?

First they’re going to have a 7’s tournament around the beginning of the A-League season, now they’re talking about this UFC circus. Don’t care if they **** up the field during winter, but summer too?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What makes you think the Government gives a **** about anything beyond filling the venue as often as possible? Got to get that investment back asap so they can start turning a profit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Prydzopolis said:

Any idea when the next meeting is being held?

Next month iirc. Date tba

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Manfred, is there an agenda we can tack things to?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m interested to hear the opinions, response etc from the club and FFA regarding security and policing in light of what has been happening in the AFL.

The problem has already been solved after the AFL accepted they went overboard. I’d drop dead if that ever happened in the A-League... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Burztur said:

Manfred, is there an agenda we can tack things to?

There is a committee "page" on the club website - you could try there.

If you want anything raised at the next meeting, just let me know.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 13/06/2019 at 5:49 PM, Prydzopolis said:

Any idea when the next meeting is being held?

 

4 hours ago, Burztur said:

Manfred, is there an agenda we can tack things to?

 

2 hours ago, hughsey said:

I’m interested to hear the opinions, response etc from the club and FFA regarding security and policing in light of what has been happening in the AFL.

The problem has already been solved after the AFL accepted they went overboard. I’d drop dead if that ever happened in the A-League... 

Just received advice of next meeting  - 26 June.

If anybody has anything they want raised at the meeting let me know. Either on here or pm me if you like.

I've already taken note of a couple of recent items mentioned here:

- opinions on security, policing after recent AFL concerns

- assurances re pitch condition

Before the meeting, I'll go through this thread for others.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Given FFA Cup draw is also scheduled for 26th June, club may also be able to give you a heads up in regard to what date we're playing the Jets in a trial game. 

Expected to be late July / early August

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

 

 

Just received advice of next meeting  - 26 June.

If anybody has anything they want raised at the meeting let me know. Either on here or pm me if you like.

I've already taken note of a couple of recent items mentioned here:

- opinions on security, policing after recent AFL concerns

- assurances re pitch condition

Before the meeting, I'll go through this thread for others.

Yeah, my question was going to be about pitch conditions and whether we get to assess the quality and if it is deemed unacceptable, we don't pay rent. Something to that effect.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about raising the Clubs and FFA total lack of response and support in regard to the treatment of fans by security and police.

While not one of our supporters the contrast in response between what happened with Rory and his kids and the stadiums now apologising for “ intimating” the poor AFL fans is huge. Yet our club, the other clubs and the FFA do less than stuff all 

where is our apology?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

How about raising the Clubs and FFA total lack of response and support in regard to the treatment of fans by security and police.

While not one of our supporters the contrast in response between what happened with Rory and his kids and the stadiums now apologising for “ intimating” the poor AFL fans is huge. Yet our club, the other clubs and the FFA do less than stuff all 

where is our apology?

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...