ManfredSchaefer

Wanderers Members Committee News

the difference is that AFL suits listen to their fans where as the A League/FFA suits don't listen to their fans. All we hear is that it is out of our hands we can't control what the stadium does or how they manage security, yet the AFL manage to get Marvel stadium to get security to scale down their presence as the fans are feeling scared and intimidated from seccies walking up and down aisles yet those same fans are crying where is the security when ever a couple of AFL bogans decide to punch on infront of families and children. 

AFL don't want to loose or turn away fans from attending matches, FFA don't really care they may actually want less fans to turn up to matches and more fans to watch matches on foxtel, suits foxtels agenda and might mean a bigger contract for tv rights!! :unknw:

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

AFL might be able to lean on the stadium managers to reduce security, but obviously VICPOL don't see AFL as high risk hence they don't send in the riot squad. Whereas VICPOL and NSWPOL see MV and WSW games (all of them) as high risk and hence send in the goon squad every week or midweek against the NIX.

That's the difference. Adjusting security numbers is easier that trying to convince the bogan racist LAC that sokkah fans aren't a threat to society.

Just to add I finally did get a reply to my volley of emails. Sydney FC ticketing manager emailed, me to say that they have been in ongoing contact with the family, and are working with police …

At least they bothered to respond to me

1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

Just to add I finally did get a reply to my volley of emails. Sydney FC ticketing manager emailed, me to say that they have been in ongoing contact with the family, and are working with police …

At least they bothered to respond to me

Have you heard from WSW re the suggestions you had a la Everton's efforts?

Can you give us any news on Aussie Pats citizenship? Seems like nobody can get a straight answer?

Can you ask about the managements position on sharing information discussed on the night with us here? I know the club are always willing to chat to us fans but this provides a good channel between the greater fanbase & the club management

Is the club planning on having a members forum as in the past?

22 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Have you heard from WSW re the suggestions you had a la Everton's efforts?

I need to follow up on that one 

On 18/06/2019 at 9:28 AM, tranquilo said:

the difference is that AFL suits listen to their fans where as the A League/FFA suits don't listen to their fans. All we hear is that it is out of our hands we can't control what the stadium does or how they manage security, yet the AFL manage to get Marvel stadium to get security to scale down their presence

The AFL owns the stadium. They tell security what to do.

State Govt build it for half a billion, sell it 15 years later for $200 million.

State Govt then spent another $225 million on upgrades.

AFL then gets a $70 million naming rights deal for 8 years from Disney. Buying a billion dollar asset that will be worth $5+ billion on land value when the AFL convince the Vic govt to build a new stadium somewhere else in the CBD in the late 2020's. It is effectively free and they will continue to profit from it.

This is what happens when you have administration who actually give a **** about funding and Government lobbying, and not just leeches stealing $10+ million a year in admin salaries/costs while fobbing off work to consultants for millions more.

The FFA should own an elite training facility, boutique stadium somewhere in Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra and move out of their expensive CBD office tower space by now. Instead they have nothing.

7 hours ago, mack said:

The AFL owns the stadium. They tell security what to do.

State Govt build it for half a billion, sell it 15 years later for $200 million.

State Govt then spent another $225 million on upgrades.

AFL then gets a $70 million naming rights deal for 8 years from Disney. Buying a billion dollar asset that will be worth $5+ billion on land value when the AFL convince the Vic govt to build a new stadium somewhere else in the CBD in the late 2020's. It is effectively free and they will continue to profit from it.

This is what happens when you have administration who actually give a **** about funding and Government lobbying, and not just leeches stealing $10+ million a year in admin salaries/costs while fobbing off work to consultants for millions more.

The FFA should own an elite training facility, boutique stadium somewhere in Sydney, Melbourne or Canberra and move out of their expensive CBD office tower space by now. Instead they have nothing.

Can't like this post enough times.... +100

I was looking for the thread about the members' forum on Tue 9 July at Bankwest Stadium, but couldn't find one, so I posted this here.  (Mack - Feel free to move it to the right thread if you wish.)

Is anyone going to the members' forum?

What questions have you already submitted to the Club?  (You can submit questions when you book your place.)

I sent them this:

The upcoming season is critical in the Club's history - you must get things right both on-field and off-field if you want the fans to return to the games and to bring back the atmosphere on match days that we have sadly lost over the past 3 years.  The on-field matters are for the coaching and technical staff to sort out.  I'm interested in the off-field initiatives you have to get fans to start to care and be interested in coming to games again.  What discussions have you had with stadium security management, FFA and the Parramatta police LAC to ensure that active fans are not overzealously policed and we won't see past mistakes by officials repeated?  Will we see a relaxation on limits on large flags, instruments, megaphones, tifos, etc or will such pointless restrictions continue?  Will you be trialling a 'safe smoke' area like other clubs do (eg: in the MLS in the USA)?  How do you propose to attract more active members and how will you encourage them to create the noise, colour and atmosphere that we all love as fans and is the only true differentiator of our football code from the other codes?

Excellent question. I asked a similar one about how they were going to collaborate with the member group around the match day events like the walk out song and that damned loud music! My question was not as eloquently put as your, Bombagol. I vote for yours! :)

8 minutes ago, Cynth said:

Excellent question. I asked a similar one about how they were going to collaborate with the member group around the match day events like the walk out song and that damned loud music! My question was not as eloquently put as your, Bombagol. I vote for yours! :)

And from this coming season on can we be rid of the incessant and inane yelling by Ground announcer so one might be able to speak to a fellow supporter? allow the supporters to create the atmosphere.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

I was lucky enough to attend the World Cup in Russia last year and my one little gripe was the playing of loud beat music when a goal was scored. I attended the Russia-Croatia Quarter Final and when Russia scored, the crowd noise was insane but they still played the music and it did take a little away from enjoying the pure crowd experience. Still an incredible experience!

2 hours ago, Ossified said:

And from this coming season on can we be rid of the incessant and inane yelling by Ground announcer so one might be able to speak to a fellow supporter? allow the supporters to create the atmosphere.

And perhaps if he is going to yell and carry on like a dickhead, it’s in regards to WSW... Not the opposition...

He was trying to rev up the Sydney fans before the final derby last season AT OUR HOME GROUND!!!

because the FFA have made derbies an "EVENT" to consume.

Annoyed me during the finals series that they would play the goal music for whichever team scored, no matter who was the home team.

Or at derbies when they show the highlights from the previous derby on the big screen before the match.

Lets get everyone excited for the game by reminding the home fans of the last humiliation. I'm sure we're the only league in the world where the home team shows highlights of a loss to their biggest rivals on the big screen.

Just a thought.

If the 5.30pm game was shown on the big screen at home games (in mute mode), it would provide patrons with something to watch, other than just the players limbering up in the hour plus, that many sit there prior to the 7.50pm scheduled kick off time for their game. 

Is their a legitimate reason why these games can't be shown, other than the players may get distracted when they come out to warm up

4 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Just a thought.

If the 5.30pm game was shown on the big screen at home games (in mute mode), it would provide patrons with something to watch, other than just the players limbering up in the hour plus, that many sit there prior to the 7.50pm scheduled kick off time for their game. 

Is their a legitimate reason why these games can't be shown, other than the players may get distracted when they come out to warm up

My guess is Fox Sports won't let them show it without paying for it and the club wants to put ads on the screen that make them money.

11 minutes ago, Davo said:

My guess is Fox Sports won't let them show it without paying for it and the club wants to put ads on the screen that make them money.

Let's ask the question.

I can see no reason why the ads can't still be played in blocks, but repetitive ads, etc, etc, etc , is why some peeps leave it late to enter the venue.

If Fox, want a payment, it could be sponsored by the food & beverage vendors, as their the ones who stand to benefit the most from additional early patronage. 

Nope, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a Big Bash type experience, just keeping the peeps engaged in the AL, by being able to stay in touch with other happenings around the grounds, in the lead up to the match for which we have paid good dollars to attend.  

Even an FFA Cup type horn interruption, just to show the goals that may happen in the early game, would be a damn sight better than having nothing to watch.

If we're going to promote the AL, we need to use the IP assets at our disposal, not rely on corny or themed gimmicks

13 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Okay, back from tonight's Member Committee Meeting & here's some notes etc I took during the discussion. There ma be some items, issues that I have missed out on or misconstrued, however other forum members who were there can help flesh out or correct what I am posting:

• Red membership at Wanderland 2.0 is maxxed out...there are nominally no spaces left there
  • Zeigler is still not an Aussie citizen but this is being worked on. All are happy with his attitude & work since last season's injury woes
  • Target membership for 2019/20 is 22K.
  • The club is looking at bringing back the seat resale system as we had at Pirtek, however the dynamics, system is yet to be worked out
  • A new member's loyalty scheme is also being developed, with the uts & bolts to be worked on. Thinking is the point system was unfair
  • With the return to Parra the club is working on developing a 'whole Parra' experience...more activities, engagement, banners etc around Parra on game day and at Wanderland 2.0
  • Public transport will again be integrated with membership and ticketing
  • The march is hopefully going to return
  • The club is in ongoing talks with the active supporter groups and these discussions have been described as good
  • There are poles that will be/are located in front of the northern end active section of Wanderland 2.0 that may be used for Tifos etc
  • Safe standing area is fully subscribed
  • 1880 club for the rich end of memberships = $1190 & has a few unique bennies
  • Next teir down in premium memberships is Gold Star ($790 full, $370 upgrade)
  • Members will be receiving some unique merch/souveniers including a commemorative key for returning back to Parra & loyalty key rings for 3 or 5 year contnuous membership
  • Quality of membership packs is being improved
  • All member pack kit for foundation members will show such status
  • 2/3rd of all tickets for Leeds game have been sold
  • We get the exact kick oftime tomorrow & negotiations are ongoing for a TV broadcaster (I asked who & no comment)
  • 14000 Wanderkids packs will be made available for grassroots distribution
  • Female sizes in kits etc are limited due to demand, however they are trying to improve the availability time frame (last season an issue was sponsorship)
  • This is the last cycle of the current Nike contract...it may or may not change, negotiations are ongoing
  • We will have 2 entirely new shirts this season...we were able to have 3 last season as we recycled the basic away shirt from 2017/18.
  • Possibility of safe pyro is still to be organised...club is talking with Foti firewroks
  • Club is still working with both Parra LAC & Venues NSW re security. Some optimism from the suits but...well, yeah...we'll see
  • Much more focus being placed on fan activation and entertainment around Wanderland 2.0 precinct planned
  • First round will be October 12th and draw is still to be finalised.

Don't be surprised to see and hear similar stuff as the upcoming members forum

Any news on recruitment?

Just now, ManfredSchaefer said:

No...we neither asked nor were told anything about the squad beyond what we already know

Thank mate

50 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Any news on recruitment?

Nothing specific. Quietly confident of intent.

Considering Manny's response, maybe I misunderstood  or took something out of context.

For Public Transport - did they specify if it was still only trains? 

Or will buses be included now that we're back at Parramatta? How about ferries too? 

On 21/06/2019 at 2:56 PM, Taurus said:

Just a thought.

On 21/06/2019 at 3:12 PM, Taurus said:

Let's ask the question.

I can see no reason why the ads can't still be played in blocks, but repetitive ads, etc, etc, etc , is why some peeps leave it late to enter the venue.

If Fox, want a payment, it could be sponsored by the food & beverage vendors, as their the ones who stand to benefit the most from additional early patronage. 

Nope, don't get me wrong, I'm not advocating a Big Bash type experience, just keeping the peeps engaged in the AL, by being able to stay in touch with other happenings around the grounds, in the lead up to the match for which we have paid good dollars to attend.  

Even an FFA Cup type horn interruption, just to show the goals that may happen in the early game, would be a damn sight better than having nothing to watch.

If we're going to promote the AL, we need to use the IP assets at our disposal, not rely on corny or themed gimmicks

Was this issue able to be discussed? @ManfredSchaefer

4 minutes ago, 102megan said:

For Public Transport - did they specify if it was still only trains? 

Or will buses be included now that we're back at Parramatta? How about ferries too? 

It’s usually only trains simply by fact that so many bus companies are privately owned now. 

I used to argue with hillsbus every home game. As far as I’m concerned, whether the company is privately owned or not, if I’m getting on a vehicle with dozens of people I don’t know - that’s public transport...

Seat re-sale system is crucial otherwise we’re just going to have the same problem as the old stadium, just on a bigger scale. Tbh it makes the rebuild kind of pointless if they don’t get on top of it. 

There were dozens of pockets of empty seats at the very first game at BWS despite the sell out sign going up. 

Was anything mentioned about opening up seated areas of the western grandstand for non-marquee/premium fixtures? That side is already starting to look empty from watching parra games on tv...

10 minutes ago, Taurus said:

Was this issue able to be discussed? @ManfredSchaefer

Yes, I raised it as part of the game day experience discussions. I hadn't given prior notice so they couldn't do any prework on it. So without that, they firstly were concerned about broadcast rights. I mentioned the free streaming on my phone. Another concern was the costs of opening the stadium earlier. I suggested just open at usual time but have this available. I think they will take it on board to look at. Their game day experience plans extend beyond the stadium to Eat St, council involvement, the march, etc etc and well before kick off. Showing the other match at the stadium may conflict with those plans.

8 minutes ago, Edinburgh said:

Their game day experience plans extend beyond the stadium to Eat St, council involvement, the march, etc etc and well before kick off.

Sounds exciting.  Might be time to plan a trip to Sydney again!

Thanks @Edinburgh

At least they may take it on board