Jump to content
ManfredSchaefer

Wanderers Members Committee News

Recommended Posts

Sorry if any of this duplicates any of Manfred's excellent summary.

I took note of the issues raised in this thread with the intention to raise them at the meeting. Some were already on the agenda and mentioned/discussed/answered as a matter of course. Taurus suggestion is covered above. Here is some specific feedback on the other points:

- same management as ANZ, negative experiences at SOP, security/policing concerns - this was covered as part of efforts to improve the game day experience. It's a  bit of the past is behind us, let's look forward. They are working on everyone being customer friendly,  including stadium staff, outlets staff, security and police. I asked about potential challenges with the latter two. They seemed confident of significant improvements, particularly with a different LAC which has been mentioned before.

                - the recent SFC Rory C incident was raised in this discussion

                - and they also mentioned the recent AFL issue and that it has been used in their negotiations 

- pitch condition/assurances - not something they are concerned about, confident(?) the pitch will be okay 

- any trial dates? - no specific information given to us, will be "working backwards" from FFA Cup schedule (although I note there is more info elsewhere on this forum). Acknowledged there will be a mix of open and closed door trial fixtures.

- Ziegler citizenship - covered by Manfred

- stop the #@*&# music - request noted but it seems we're thought to be in the minority 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
54 minutes ago, hughsey said:

Seat re-sale system is crucial otherwise we’re just going to have the same problem as the old stadium, just on a bigger scale. Tbh it makes the rebuild kind of pointless if they don’t get on top of it. 

There were dozens of pockets of empty seats at the very first game at BWS despite the sell out sign going up. 

Was anything mentioned about opening up seated areas of the western grandstand for non-marquee/premium fixtures? That side is already starting to look empty from watching parra games on tv...

Re-sale - This is a major part of their plans, they clearly agree with you.

If I understand correctly, the new 1880 Club and Gold Star Club membership offerings mentioned in Manfred's post, if taken up, will go towards using the seats on the West. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hughsey said:

Seat re-sale system is crucial otherwise we’re just going to have the same problem as the old stadium, just on a bigger scale. Tbh it makes the rebuild kind of pointless if they don’t get on top of it. 

There were dozens of pockets of empty seats at the very first game at BWS despite the sell out sign going up. 

 

From my talks with club officials, its trying to get the ticketing in the backend working. WSW uses Ticketmaster, BW uses Ticketek and then throw in things like Salesforce and its not as easy as it seems from the outside.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Erebus said:

From my talks with club officials, its trying to get the ticketing in the backend working. WSW uses Ticketmaster, BW uses Ticketek and then throw in things like Salesforce and its not as easy as it seems from the outside.

'Salesforce'...  Aaaaaarrrggggghhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!     :help:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hughsey said:

It’s usually only trains simply by fact that so many bus companies are privately owned now. 

I used to argue with hillsbus every home game. As far as I’m concerned, whether the company is privately owned or not, if I’m getting on a vehicle with dozens of people I don’t know - that’s public transport...

It should make no difference that the bus companies are private. Transport for NSW collects all the income from tickets/trips (the fare box goes to TfNSW) they then pay the bus operators to run the services (based on hours and kms). The bus operator gets the same money regardless of if anybody is on the bus (although if route is always empty TFNSW may cut it)

It works the same for both STA (public bus operator with city routes) and the private operators 

ticketing, planning, routes and assets are all controlled by TfNSW with the idea that they can change operators via tender 

The special event buses (Olympic park etc) are similar transport pay the operator to run the bus, and again based on time and kms not number of people 

Short answer is if the event has integrated ticketing (ie the event organiser has paid an agreed fee to TfNSW for “ free” transport) the operator should let you on it actually makes no difference to them if you tap on or not as they don’t keep the opal fare.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Taurus said:

Thanks @Edinburgh

At least they may take it on board

It won't happen. Venues NSW will have to work with the club and Foxtel plus possibly council to get any broadcast happening, and there is no way that it'll come about if it means dollars have to be spent or it'll detract from the revenue of Parra business. Plus, as said before, the club & stadium are looking to maximise activations, entertainment etc outside the stadium pre-game.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

We saw how hard it was to get the live site for the ACL to happen. Apparently that was 2 years in the making after the club tried to do it for the previous grand finals.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Sorry if any of this duplicates any of Manfred's excellent summary.

I took note of the issues raised in this thread with the intention to raise them at the meeting. Some were already on the agenda and mentioned/discussed/answered as a matter of course. Taurus suggestion is covered above. Here is some specific feedback on the other points:

- same management as ANZ, negative experiences at SOP, security/policing concerns - this was covered as part of efforts to improve the game day experience. It's a  bit of the past is behind us, let's look forward. They are working on everyone being customer friendly,  including stadium staff, outlets staff, security and police. I asked about potential challenges with the latter two. They seemed confident of significant improvements, particularly with a different LAC which has been mentioned before.

                - the recent SFC Rory C incident was raised in this discussion

                - and they also mentioned the recent AFL issue and that it has been used in their negotiations 

- pitch condition/assurances - not something they are concerned about, confident(?) the pitch will be okay 

- any trial dates? - no specific information given to us, will be "working backwards" from FFA Cup schedule (although I note there is more info elsewhere on this forum). Acknowledged there will be a mix of open and closed door trial fixtures.

- Ziegler citizenship - covered by Manfred

- stop the #@*&# music - request noted but it seems we're thought to be in the minority 

Just to expand upon some things raised here by Ed (ta mate).

The club suits are talking to all invested parties regarding security/crowd management and the way I understood it was that they are using these discussions to try and get the best outcomes for all bar those activities that the police will act upon for being illegal. The discussion in the committee meeting was mostly fixated on the police at the start, with some reference to how the local LAC need to be educated and how the past LAC (Homebush) were pushing an anti-sokkah agenda through leadership and ignorance. When I brought up the issue with Rory the smurf I wanted to bring the focus back to the seccos who, as most of us know and have possibly experienced, are the ones that cause most of the probs either by being too dogmatic in their attitudes and/or running to the cops for a bail out. The suits reiterated they are talking to Venues NSW re security and one issue they said will be addressed thanks to our new home is that they believe there won't be issues with 'no go' zones or unclear divisions in where attendees can be. Also, and this is where the suits seemed to be really pushing hard, was the idea of using a mix of marshals, volunteers and customer support staff to try and mitigate against heavy-handed seccos.

The recent AFL issues were contextualised in the discussion of how aware everyone now is of the potential for game day to become a negative experience through heavy-handed secco/police actions. Now this has been on our radar for ages, but perhaps not so much on that of the general public, pollies, business operators etc. How it all plays out...well who knows. Personally I reckon we will still have incidents at Wanderland 2.0 where someone will be given a banning etc all because of a Little Hitler wearing a uniform thinks these sokkah hools needs a lesson.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

It won't happen. Venues NSW will have to work with the club and Foxtel plus possibly council to get any broadcast happening, and there is no way that it'll come about if it means dollars have to be spent or it'll detract from the revenue of Parra business. Plus, as said before, the club & stadium are looking to maximise activations, entertainment etc outside the stadium pre-game.

Another one for the too hard basket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 minutes ago, Taurus said:

I will, you can be certain of that. 

I’ll miss the Royal but hopefully free sausage again at the Woolie 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 21/06/2019 at 7:23 AM, Cynth said:

and that damned loud music!

Loud incessant music that seems to be playing for the sake of it

Equally loud & insanely irritating announcer who finds it necessary to yell at the top lungs to manufacture some noise

That horrible countdown that we seem to persist with but nobody wants to hear (yes the 3-6 year olds really get into it, but enough to justify it for the rest of us?)

On 21/06/2019 at 8:42 AM, Zakman said:

was lucky enough to attend the World Cup in Russia last year and my one little gripe was the playing of loud beat music when a goal was scored

Unfortunately now I’ve seen it at the WWC too, the mandated family friendly event goer type gimmicks that “apparently everyone needs” these days

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Edinburgh said:

Re-sale - This is a major part of their plans, they clearly agree with you.

If I understand correctly, the new 1880 Club and Gold Star Club membership offerings mentioned in Manfred's post, if taken up, will go towards using the seats on the West. 

That’s a membership though. And a very expensive one at that.

Im talking about what they’re going to do to stop that western side becoming a lifeless black hole of silence. They’re not going to be having 3k corporates filling it every game day, they’re already struggling at eels games. Middle of summer is going to be even harder to get people filling it.

People are going to start getting shitty being told that they can only sit there for a small fortune, when hardly anyone is there in the first place...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 27/06/2019 at 10:34 AM, 102megan said:

For Public Transport - did they specify if it was still only trains? 

Or will buses be included now that we're back at Parramatta? How about ferries too? 

At this stage it’s only trains but my understanding is they are trying to work a deal for buses too. Not sure about ferries

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 05/07/2019 at 3:21 PM, andypk said:

At this stage it’s only trains but my understanding is they are trying to work a deal for buses too. Not sure about ferries

Appreciate the update! 

 

But I'm not holding my breath. :(

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The next Members Committee Meeting date has just been advised as 11 December.

"This will be a final opportunity before the years end to chat about our program, along with an opportunity for us to see how we are tracking with our program."
 
Same as last time, if anyone has anything they'd like raised at the meeting just post it on here. Or pm me if you like.
 
 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

The next Members Committee Meeting date has just been advised as 11 December.

"This will be a final opportunity before the years end to chat about our program, along with an opportunity for us to see how we are tracking with our program."
 
Same as last time, if anyone has anything they'd like raised at the meeting just post it on here. Or pm me if you like.
 
 

I have a few questions.

Is the management looking at taking over the Wanderers app? Even if not, could they look at updating it to include Y-league fixtures and NPL fixtures.

Is the club looking at women's/Girls NPL in the near future?

Why is the NPL and NPL Youth more visible on the NSW NPL website than on the club website/app.

Why do the Parramatta Leagues charge for parking at their new Carpark unless you go and spend a minimum amount? Couldn't an arrangement be made between the club and Parramatta Leagues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The leagues club charge money because they can. They do the same for leagues matches. I assume it's mostly to recover the cost, and to keep free parkers out.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, mack said:

The leagues club charge money because they can. They do the same for leagues matches. I assume it's mostly to recover the cost, and to keep free parkers out.

Do they charge their own members.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, mack said:

yes

Thanks. I thought Parramatta Leagues members didn't have to pay. I suppose they have spend $8 to get free parking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 10:51 AM, Paul01 said:

I raised your queries at the meeting tonight.

I have a few questions.

Is the management looking at taking over the Wanderers app? Even if not, could they look at updating it to include Y-league fixtures and NPL fixtures.

The app is an FFA one size fits all 'service'. Nothing will change until the A League split from FFA is complete. And even then it will need time and money be improved. So the prospects for improvement are long term.

Is the club looking at women's/Girls NPL in the near future?

Short answer is a resounding yes. But 'near' needs things outside the Club's control to change. The Club wants to replicate the boys/mens academy etc for the girls. But there is no competition for them at present. If I understood correctly, the NSWIS currently provides girl's academies and has some resistance to clubs starting their own. So, the competition and NSWIS factors need to change before it becomes a practical option for the Club.

Why is the NPL and NPL Youth more visible on the NSW NPL website than on the club website/app.

The Club representatives believe that the Club's coverage of its NPL teams on its website is more extensive than on the NPL website. Several members on the committee agreed. 

Have we missed something in your query?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Edinburgh said:

 

Thanks Ed.

On the NPL and NYL coverage, there are stories. However, the matches are not in the fixture list with line-up, cards and goals like A-league and W-League.

I was unaware of the politics of Women's Football in NSW. The Women's NPL competition consists of 2 tiers with 12 teams each with CC Mariners and Newcastle Jets. The age groups are u14, u15s, u17s, reserves and women's. It wouldn't be possible to replicate the boys academy in full but surely with 2 A-league teams with girls in their academies, the Club should make another approach to Football NSW and apply to be in NSW NPL2 women's with the possibility of a bye or an additional team added by invitation/application. This would also assist in getting more facilities for women across NSW.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ed: Any news from the meeting? I see you’ve answered Paul’s question (thank you :good:) but any other news from the meeting? Anything else interesting raised?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 30/11/2019 at 9:51 AM, Paul01 said:

I have a few questions.

Is the management looking at taking over the Wanderers app? Even if not, could they look at updating it to include Y-league fixtures and NPL fixtures.

Is the club looking at women's/Girls NPL in the near future?

Why is the NPL and NPL Youth more visible on the NSW NPL website than on the club website/app.

Why do the Parramatta Leagues charge for parking at their new Carpark unless you go and spend a minimum amount? Couldn't an arrangement be made between the club and Parramatta Leagues.

I say this based off things I saw and heard a few years ago now so not sure if it’s changed, but I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon. Relations aren’t the best between the two haha 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, hughsey said:

I say this based off things I saw and heard a few years ago now so not sure if it’s changed, but I don’t think that will be happening anytime soon. Relations aren’t the best between the two haha 

Didn't like the safe standing then?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...