Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

9 minutes ago, Ossified said:

Joseph Goebbels wrote: “I take the Bible, and all evening long I read the simplest and greatest sermon that has ever been given to mankind: The Sermon on the Mount! 'Blessed are they who suffer persecution for the sake of justice, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven'! “

Also Hitler was a Catholic and remained so all his life.

Good old Christian values. Catholics have a long history in organized crime. A bit of pogrom here, a bit of mass murdering so-called witches there. During the WW2 years the Vatican was snuggling up to the Nazis, quite happy to turn a blind eye as the "opposition" went to the crematoriums. And how long have they been actively and passively involved in the mass **** of children?

It is quite amazing how one can call themselves a Christian and at the same time ignore the message of Christ. Pity that all the culture warriors and flat earthers have left this forum and are not available to explain to us this discrepancy.

Two opposite views showing the undoubted Terrorgraph bias

Here is the Guardian article.

Jacinda Ardern tells Scott Morrison Australia's deportation policy 'corrosive' https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/22/jacinda-ardern-tells-scott-morrison-australias-deportation-policy-corrosive?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

As I sit having breakfast out, the Terrorgraph header to the same story

"PM takes stand on Kiwi crooks" 

17 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Two opposite views showing the undoubted Terrorgraph bias

Here is the Guardian article.

Jacinda Ardern tells Scott Morrison Australia's deportation policy 'corrosive' https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2019/feb/22/jacinda-ardern-tells-scott-morrison-australias-deportation-policy-corrosive?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

As I sit having breakfast out, the Terrorgraph header to the same story

"PM takes stand on Kiwi crooks" 

Interesting the Terrorgraph used a word of more than one syllable in its header KIWI, that will confuse their lip moving readers.

2 hours ago, FCB said:

Good old Christian values. Catholics have a long history in organized crime. A bit of pogrom here, a bit of mass murdering so-called witches there. During the WW2 years the Vatican was snuggling up to the Nazis, quite happy to turn a blind eye as the "opposition" went to the crematoriums. And how long have they been actively and passively involved in the mass **** of children?

It is quite amazing how one can call themselves a Christian and at the same time ignore the message of Christ. Pity that all the culture warriors and flat earthers have left this forum and are not available to explain to us this discrepancy.

I know this one. I think it's called "no true Scotsman". I read it on 4chan in the "how to destroy SJWs" section.

--------------------------------------------------

I pretty much owe my existence to the Catholic priest in Duisburg who hid my opa in the church till the Americans came after he'd escaped the thyssen/Krupp slave labour camp. 

There's good uns and bad uns as someone's northern grandpa no doubt used to say. 

Edited by marron
3 hours ago, FCB said:

Agree with all you say there FCB - except for the last line. :D

It really is difficult to see pretty much all of the big religious institutions as being anything other than despicable, exploitative and hypocritical.

Must be hard on the humble parishioners who have taken their religious leaders and their teachings in good faith.

1 hour ago, marron said:

I pretty much owe my existence to the Catholic priest in Duisburg who hid my opa in the church till the Americans came after he'd escaped the thyssen/Krupp slave labour camp. 

There's good uns and bad uns as someone's northern grandpa no doubt used to say. 

And then there are the Galway nuns who mass murdered babies. It really does your head in how Christ's message can be perverted so thoroughly.

My paternal granddad was a member of the social democratic party, and as far as the Nazis were concerned, he was an enemy of the state = serious concentration camp material. My granddad's neighbour happened to be the local Nazi bigwig, who happened to know about my granddad's otherwise secret political background - but as they were neighbours, and got on personally, the bigwig kept it a secret. So one can say that I owe my existence to a Nazi.

Nice guy, one could say. Not quite. He had a Polish stable boy who accidentally injured a horse with a pitch fork. My dad, being a young child himself, remembered that boy in tears and fearful. It was the last time my dad saw him.

And then there was my good old Catholic maternal granddad - a wife beater, child basher, womanizer,  drunk, money waster, trickster, loudmouth, fraud. Only last year I learned that, during the war, he was not just a steam engine driver as he had made everyone believe, but actually in the SS. And he would not have joined as a child either, but as an adult. WW2 + Ukraine + SS = all the trimmings for a potential war criminal/mass murderer. And considering the nasty piece of work he was, I have no doubt that he ventured down that road deeply and thoroughly. 

As I said, thinking about this stuff, it really does your head in.

Edited by FCB

What an odd turn of events...

I used to hang out on a football forum to escape things in the rest of the world - you know...like family issues, politics and the gloomy state of the world!

Right now...I'm coming to the current affairs/politics thread (let's not kid ourselves, it's a Politics Thread!!) to escape the gloomy situation of WSW. :(

7 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

I dont get one bit how an unelected person gets to present a tax payer grant and then pretend like it has something to do with her and her party! 

2 minutes ago, Cynth said:

I dont get one bit how an unelected person gets to present a tax payer grant and then pretend like it has something to do with her and her party! 

Georgina Downer, daughter of Alexander Downer, member of the Liberal Party assuming she is the winner already. 

“I query how it is possible for Ms Downer, the unsuccessful candidate for the 2018 Mayo by-election and an unelected candidate for the upcoming federal election, to misuse a taxpayer-funded grant in this fashion,” Dreyfus wrote.

“It is completely inappropriate and unacceptable for Ms Downer and the Liberal Party to treat taxpayers’ money as if it were their own, and to deceive Australians about the true source of this taxpayer-funded grant.”

This says it all. It's unbelievable, isn't it??

1 minute ago, Paul01 said:

Georgina Downer, daughter of Alexander Downer, member of the Liberal Party assuming she is the winner already. 

Or trying desperately to become so.

Is it expected to be a close race there??

6 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Anecdotal evidence from people who live in the electorate is not good for the Libs. Sharkie won re-election in a by election in 2018 after being disqualified by the HC under S44....she won with a respectable margin.....against Georgina Downer.

https://results.aec.gov.au/22692/Website/HouseDivisionPage-22695-188.htm

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Anecdotal evidence from people who live in the electorate is not good for the Libs. Sharkie won re-election in a by election in 2018 after being disqualified by the HC under S44....she won with a respectable margin.....against Georgina Downer.

https://results.aec.gov.au/22692/Website/HouseDivisionPage-22695-188.htm

Yes - that's what I vaguely  remembered. :good:

10 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Liberal Party thinks so.

Sharkie increased her margin at the last by-election due to citizenship. Add to that further redistribution makes it less likely for conservatives to get more votes.

Methinks Georgina has 2 chances, Buckleys and none.

Just now, Paul01 said:

Liberal Party thinks so.

Sharkie increased her margin at the last by-election due to citizenship. Add to that further redistribution makes it less likely for conservatives to get more votes.

Yep...She is/was hoping for the daddy factor to help her.....Her father Alexander was the previous member before he retired and the seat went independent.The electors have other plans that don't include her.

14 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

Liberal Party thinks so.

12 minutes ago, sonar said:

Yep...She is/was hoping for the daddy factor to help her.....Her father Alexander was the previous member before he retired and the seat went independent.The electors have other plans that don't include her.

The Downers have that "Born to Rule" aura about them.

Must be hard to be booted back down to Earth …..well - I hope she is for the second time...in the election.

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

agreed

on another note jordan peterson on qanda today, i saw a cute woman reading one of his books today and wanted to marry her but didnt

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic