Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

I’m a bit slow to the conversation but I wonder whether JP could stand next to the wanker with the Islamophobia shirt because he believes in free speech? 

I think he would just easily stand next to someone claiming the alt-right are bigots and racists. 

We always go back to what is a definition of hate speech. 

5 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

As for the old A.Res ads, here's one that was rocking along when I was spending time at Bardia, Singo, or in the back of a 'Mog

Well we definitely stood on the same parade ground / grounds, I spent time in all 3 of those.

Had a good 9.5 years, would recommend it to anyone.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/embarrassment-for-the-project-as-its-forced-to-issue-a-correction-after-slamming-scott-morrison-in-a-rant-about-the-facts-when-the-pm-called-waleed-aly-a-liar-over-anti-muslim-smear/ar-BBV23uv?ocid=spartandhp

"But we as a country know what our leaders have been saying about refugees and immigrants and Muslims for well over a decade.'

MacDonald compared Mr Morrison's heated response to New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

'If anything paints a clearer picture on the state of Australian politics today it is this; after Waleed made that genuine, thoughtful, and reasoned contribution on Friday night — a plea for our community to come together — the Prime Minister of our country threatened to sue.

'In contrast, New Zealand's Prime Minister invited Waleed to her country to sit down for an interview.

'If you want to know why I'm here tonight and not Waleed that's why, that's where he is.' 

6 hours ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

It said 'Join the Army...Travel to exotic distant lands...Meet Interesting People...and Kill Them'.

In a similar vein, of course umpteen years ago T shirt I saw in Ireland ' Join the British army and see the World ..Go to Belfast and see the next'

3 minutes ago, wendybr said:

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/embarrassment-for-the-project-as-its-forced-to-issue-a-correction-after-slamming-scott-morrison-in-a-rant-about-the-facts-when-the-pm-called-waleed-aly-a-liar-over-anti-muslim-smear/ar-BBV23uv?ocid=spartandhp

"But we as a country know what our leaders have been saying about refugees and immigrants and Muslims for well over a decade.'

MacDonald compared Mr Morrison's heated response to New Zealand Prime Minister Jacinda Ardern.

'If anything paints a clearer picture on the state of Australian politics today it is this; after Waleed made that genuine, thoughtful, and reasoned contribution on Friday night — a plea for our community to come together — the Prime Minister of our country threatened to sue.

'In contrast, New Zealand's Prime Minister invited Waleed to her country to sit down for an interview.

'If you want to know why I'm here tonight and not Waleed that's why, that's where he is.' 

What a joke of a headline that is. They made a slight error mixing up the year it was reported vs the year it was said, one that has absolutely zero impact on the reality of the situation. Morrison is lying, his mate Greg Hunt lied to protect him and was found out, and will lie and lie again about it.

3 hours ago, Cynth said:

I’m a bit slow to the conversation but I wonder whether JP could stand next to the wanker with the Islamophobia shirt because he believes in free speech? 

I think he would just easily stand next to someone claiming the alt-right are bigots and racists. 

We always go back to what is a definition of hate speech. 

“Free speech” the last defence of racist bigots 

if for a second I believe that it entirely about free speech he is still a total nob. As if he didn’t realise that standing next to him would be interpreted as endorsing him he is a total moron but unfortunately he isn’t a moron 

2 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

Well we definitely stood on the same parade ground / grounds, I spent time in all 3 of those.

I wouldn't recommend it to anyone. I would be very selective.

I'd recommend it to people who have an interest in or disposition to the military and its culture. I would not recommend it to anyone who has low physical fitness, have issues with anxiety, struggle with losing the 'comforts' of civilian life and/or like to 'over-think' their situation.

It has its bennies and its drawbacks, but most people I think would find the latter more prevalent, more important than the former.

Maybe it was because I joined so young, I was 17 and still in year 12, I definitely struggled with physical fitness.

They gave me a drive though, endurance when other people had given up.

I really appreciated that looking back.

13 hours ago, hawks2767 said:

I did 12 years full time (Different service though) Been to Singo quite a few times, but not Bardia.  Also Holsworthy a few times, usually not in pleasant circumstances.

1 hour ago, Cynth said:

17 year old Egg-boy

"He's violent, he's attacking a politician, he deserved his punching by Anning, his strangulation, kicking by a group of grown men including a neo-Nazi with an outstanding arrest warrant in NSW"

14 year old troll making threats about replicating Christchurch

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c94555f7831642e4d

Just a reminder that Soulless and the Manuka Midgets are linked to Tony Shepherd, ex-CEO of them as well as a member of the SCG Trust, and also had a big role in Transfield (the same mob who will profit from the WestConnex with 41 years of tolls), and he in turn is a good mate of the same guy who is pushing for the SFS demolition.

Guess who that is:

fv9yxz.jpg

3 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Just a reminder that Soulless and the Manuka Midgets are linked to Tony Shepherd, ex-CEO of them as well as a member of the SCG Trust, and also had a big role in Transfield (the same mob who will profit from the WestConnex with 41 years of tolls), and he in turn is a good mate of the same guy who is pushing for the SFS demolition.

Guess who that is:

fv9yxz.jpg

B*******

18 minutes ago, ManfredSchaefer said:

Guess who that is:

fv9yxz.jpg

So Ayres is a puppet of Tony Shepherd.

In turn Tony Shepherd is profiting off the back of NSW Commuters and decisions made in his favour by the NSW Conservatives (Misnamed Liberal Party)

The People’s republic is ace

Jenny Leong (greens)

v

Aunty Norma (labor)

I love my leftie paradise 

long as we continue to stem the flow of eastern suburbs refugees who couldn’t afford private school fees, Bondi house and a BMW so are slumming it 

Edited by StringerBellend
1 hour ago, StringerBellend said:

The People’s republic is ace

Jenny Leong (greens)

v

Aunty Norma (labor)

I love my leftie paradise 

long as we continue to stem the flow of eastern suburbs refugees who couldn’t afford private school fees, Bondi house and a BMW so are slumming it 

Ha. As I knuckle down on my second beef brisket, holumi and slaw roll.

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic