Sign in to follow this  
wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

On 08/04/2019 at 4:03 PM, LeeMarvin said:

Aww crap! Having said that I just remembered something my Mrs said I did on Saturday night when I was drunk......:fool:

lol

still love this very old though

Join WestSydneyFootball.Com and participate by registering an account.

As we head for the election always remember....

5A3EA042-64F6-4B4B-8064-B2F47ED79F8D.png

Could be in the joke thread or even the international thread or this one...

Choose here...

9 hours ago, Carns said:

Brilliant!

7 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Thoughts?

'I want a normal life': Sharrouf kids wanted to leave Islamic State for years
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-15/sharrouf-children-say-they-wanted-to-leave-islamic-state-years/10989900

These constant articles about IS fans wanting to come home is just to soften the public up, anyone notice they keep moving the goalposts if the article doesn't strike a cord ?.

I would be seething mad if these kids ended up back here and in my daughter's class.

They're not worth the risk.

You probably wouldn't  find out, tbh.

Think 4 Corners is covering this tonight?

6 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Apart from the seat going to one nation 

would prefer David tbh......dont like either though

28 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Apart from the seat going to one nation 

Why can't you see it as going to the Animal Justice Party!!  :lol:

1 hour ago, wendybr said:

Comments?

I don't watch it - whenever I've walked in on an episode at home, I've usually left the room within 5 minutes - it's sickening....imo.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-21/green-game-of-thrones-reduces-****-to-entertainment/6485596

in a few episodes of the simpsons marge pretty much forces homer to have sex with him........one is meant to be a children's cartoon the other is meant to be an adult tv show

i personally dont watch game of thrones because i couldnt keep up with it tbh but context is everything so i cant really judge it but game of thrones is meant to be a brutal universe, just because something is shown doesnt mean its glamourised , i have seen some of the death's of characters in that show and they were brutal and not shown as a positive but i doubt anyone is being raped because of a tv show anyone ****ed up enough to **** someone else is not going to have their mind changed by a television show either way

So...after 4 Corners, are we bringing them back?

Horrible panel on Q&A...except for Larissa Waters.

6 hours ago, wendybr said:

Comments?

I don't watch it - whenever I've walked in on an episode at home, I've usually left the room within 5 minutes - it's sickening....imo.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-21/green-game-of-thrones-reduces-****-to-entertainment/6485596

That article is from 2015 what even

Game of Thrones is great. The **** scene was to show how much of a dick that character was - and it was implied, because it was off screen.

What was not off screen was when said rapist got mauled by dogs a few episodes later, now where was the outcry there?

jesus christ just watched Q&A, the liberal guy does not come off looking good there, malcolm roberts looks sane in comparison but most likely cause that he talked a lot less

Yes...he was awful. An absolute idiot.

Yes...he was awful. An absolute idiot.

the thing is he got emotional(angry) and said some really stupid things when he was angry, i know plenty of people here dont like him but take jordan peterson for example when he was asked that question which was just a personal attack disguised as a question he kept his cool, he was rather respectful all things considered, he didnt yell, he didnt show much in terms of emotion while whoever that liberal guy was he got angry so fast and yelled when he did, even if the content of his message was good(it wasnt) he looked far too emotional to be good when it comes to politics, you do not want overally emotional politicians, obviously they need some level of emotion or they will just be robots but you need some level of control :P

for example Julia's misogyny speech directed at abbott was one of those few times she actually showed emotion in her entire time as PM, it worked she was retrained but at the same time got her point across, it wasnt overally emotional and incoherent 

This is encouraging. Hope it turns into votes.

It's a shame it's taken 12 wasted years to get back to the levels of public concern we had back in 2007.

https://www.msn.com/en-au/news/australia/climate-concerns-weigh-on-australians/ar-BBW0rdm?ocid=spartandhp

its depressing **** all has been done since then, every government has failed in this pretty much

Rudd got started with the Carbon Tax...then pussyfooted around, and got bullied by Abbott and Co, and things fell apart.

LAUGHABLE to think back to the "Your lives will be so much better/electricity will be so much cheaper when we 'Axe the Tax'" garbage they peddled.

This article is months old...before Zali Steggel announced that she would run...but it sums up what I really hope is the mood over in Warringah.

Apparently the Vote Tony Out  t-shirts are all over the place, as are the posters in front of peoples' homes. 

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/grassroots-tony-abbott-warringah-election-independent-20181222-p50nvo.html

I'm hopeful....

4 minutes ago, wendybr said:

This article is months old...before Zali Steggel announced that she would run...but it sums up what I really hope is the mood over in Warringah.

Apparently the Vote Tony Out  t-shirts are all over the place, as are the posters in front of people's homes. 

https://www.smh.com.au/politics/federal/grassroots-tony-abbott-warringah-election-independent-20181222-p50nvo.html

I'm hopeful....

The betting agencies have Abbott favourite at the minute.........but we live in hope.....lol

Interesting...highest ever % of eligible voters are enrolled to vote.

97 per cent of eligible Australians are enrolled to vote — and some can't wait to get it over with
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2019-04-19/biggest-election-but-voters-keener-than-ever-for-it-to-be-over/11029728