wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

6 hours ago, theseeker said:

My take on the article , rambling , confusing , unrelated mishmash of his personal opinions.Solution looking for a problem.

Funny , his name rang a bell. Is this author of the article the same Jericho sometime known as Grog's Gamut ?. There was a guy with the same Jericho   name who wanted to be captain of the Australian cricket team , Prime Minister of Australia and win the Booker prize , but just became a blogger.

Is this the same guy , I don't really know. If it is the uh oh. You might know if it is ?

He has a PhD in English literature and an honours degree in economics. 

48 minutes ago, Bones said:

Got me stuffed how anyone with a brain could consider The Guardian a news source. It’s a bunch of opinions passed off as news. At least other organisations announce an opinion piece as such when publishing it.

Micki is that you? :D

21 hours ago, theseeker said:

Haha . The Guardian or is that the lefty British Pravda ?. Circulation of 136,000 compared to the leading newspaper of 1.4 million.

They should just publish on the back of beer coasters , would improve their circulation.

Or....Micki, is THAT you?

:lol:

What's all the hate with the Guardian?

Where do you think the David Squires A-League cartoons are from? The Daily Telegraph?

Some of our former posters here, especially Mickisnot, always liked to put the boot into The Guardian.

It's hated on the Right...for obvious reasons. ;)

2 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Some of our former posters here, especially Mickisnot, always liked to put the boot into The Guardian.

It's funny, all that dark web stuff is supposed to be about looking at things factually and objectively, using logic, not judging things by the cover etc.

Apparently all the stats etc backing up the arguments being made about Morrison's apparent change of direction are a "ramble" though, and where things are published are enough to dismiss them.

Of course, dismissing that general argument in the article means that Morrison IS having a change of direction and is going to address climate change through emissions, which must be warming the hearts of said dark web intellectual types, hence the strident dismissal of the article.

15 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Ahhh yes Micki, must be getting released on parole soon I would think...and his side kick zippy :D

Edited by Smoggy

Weirdly, it seems the article was about right in its assessment of what Scomo would do....

8 minutes ago, Smoggy said:

Ahhh yes Micki, must be getting released on parole soon I would think...and his side kick zippy :D

Other way round....but pfffft!

PS Did even read Club Pol back then??

You posted about Brexit, iirc, but I don't remember you getting much involved in anything else back then?

17 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Other way round....but pfffft!

PS Did even read Club Pol back then??

You posted about Brexit, iirc, but I don't remember you getting much involved in anything else back then?

OK! Other way around lol

9 hours ago, wendybr said:

It seems the USTASE  are back.

12 hours ago, Ossified said:

He has a PhD in English literature and an honours degree in economics. 

Really , the man is a master of the universe ! ?. But what about the unfulfilled ambitions of being captain of the Australian cricket team , Prime Minister and a Booker winner ?

English literature , would that be Shakespeare's " Much Ado About Nothing "  and economics may be an in depth study of the J Curve  ?

50 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Really , the man is a master of the universe ! ?. But what about the unfulfilled ambitions of being captain of the Australian cricket team , Prime Minister and a Booker winner ?

English literature , would that be Shakespeare's " Much Ado About Nothing "  and economics may be an in depth study of the J Curve  ?

Lolol...what are your sources of information for your claims about a bloke named Jerico, who has these odd ambitions? 

Ohhh.......and you didn't answer my question above! :ninja:

:lol::lol:

Came late to a press conference (I think) on ABC radio....with Albo and Shorten doing a double act...talking about supporting communities and individuals after the fires.

Both actually sounded confident, articulate, knowledgeable, compassionate and engaged. Impressive actually (esp Shorten :unknw:).

Such a contrast to ScumMo, who can't do anything ( to my ears at least) to sound genuinely sincere and proactive.

12 minutes ago, wendybr said:

Lolol...what are your sources of information for your claims about a bloke named Jerico, who has these odd ambitions? 

Ohhh.......and you didn't answer my question above! :ninja:

:lol::lol:

Bit slow on the uptake there Wendy , a fellow named Greg Jericho was the author of the  CC Guardian article Mr. Bellend was so enthusiastic about in his post yesterday. Check him out , multiple sources.

As to your question , who the fack is Micki.  ? Only one  I know of is a mouse , with a girlfriend named Minnie. Anyway , this is getting as boring as the football team posts. Bye

4 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Bit slow on the uptake there Wendy , a fellow named Greg Jericho was the author of the  CC Guardian article .

I know Greg Jerico, the journalist.

I was asking about your "Jerico"...but nevermind. 

Re Micki...lol.

Nevermind on that score either.

:hi:

12 hours ago, sonar said:

12 hours ago, wendybr said:

Long may the challenges to the Murdoch version of reality continue!

Well done James and Kathryn!!

Great stuff....

I can almost here the response of the talk back jocks when they return...

For me and remember I am to the right on many things... by far the biggest disappointment is the inability of the ALP, Greens and other left groups to make the argument.

The media as we know is divided... with News and fossil talk back radio on the deny side.... with say Ch 10, 9, ABC, Fairfax, SBS, The Conversation, Guardian on the its true side.

The left leadership cannot hide behind, Clive Palmer & News... they have the Project, 7:30 Report, Q & A, plus Fairfax & The Guardian...

Someone on the left has to kinda take charge... one issue is some on the left and this hurts a lot is argue absurd things like close all coal fired power stations tomorrow... its the absurd claims that the right jump on and rip and tear.

Much like LIB PM's don't wanta cross the more conservative side of the right.... The leaders of the ALP seem reluctant to challenge their far left...

Albo in his inner city seat needs to determine a workable policy and argue it within the left to be able to push aside the claims of close everything tomorrow..

Deep within my soul, Shorten's policies CC aside, and his poor campaigning lost him the election IMO...

The left needs a leader who can be seen to be in charge of CC policy and for general support for that policy... Turnbull's policy just dust it off it had every state on side, business on side, most environment groups on side, the union on side, the churches on side... 

I hope Albo is up for the challenge, if not change him sooner rather than latter... 

Edited by Midfielder

16 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

For me and remember I am to the right on many things... by far the biggest disappointment is the inability of the ALP, Greens and other left groups to make the argument.

The media as we know is divided... with News and fossil talk back radio on the deny side.... with say Ch 10, 9, ABC, Fairfax, SBS, The Conversation, Guardian on the its true side.

The left leadership cannot hide behind, Clive Palmer & News... they have the Project, 7:30 Report, Q & A, plus Fairfax & The Guardian...

Someone on the left has to kinda take charge... one issue is some on the left and this hurts a lot is argue absurd things like close all coal fired power stations tomorrow... its the absurd claims that the right jump on and rip and tear.

Much like LIB PM's don't wanta cross the more conservative side of the right.... The leaders of the ALP seem reluctant to challenge their far left...

Albo in his inner city seat needs to determine a workable policy and argue it within the left to be able to push aside the claims of close everything tomorrow..

Deep within my soul, Shorten's policies CC aside, and his poor campaigning lost him the election IMO...

The left needs a leader who can be seen to be in charge of CC policy and for general support for that policy... Turnbull's policy just dust it off it had every state on side, business on side, most environment groups on side, the union on side, the churches on side... 

I hope Albo is up for the challenge, if not change him sooner rather than latter... 

The Australian people believed Abbott and the Coalition and it's members when they destroyed any action on Climate Change. The left and the ALP tried.......even implemented policy......the right lied and won......end of story.

So, stop blaming the left and go after the folks who are doing **** all. I hope the people who voted for no action enjoy the cluster**** that is coming their way via higher insurances, meat,fruit and veg prices. They were warned.....didn't listen.

Edited by sonar

44 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

I'll add this.......

https://reneweconomy.com.au/falinskis-litany-of-lies-on-climate-and-energy-shows-coalition-denial-runs-deep-86031/

Yet you have the hide to blame the left. That's some really great cock-eyed logic.

25 minutes ago, sonar said:

The Australian people believed Abbott and the Coalition and it's members when they destroyed any action on Climate Change. The left and the ALP tried.......even implemented policy......the right lied and won......end of story.

So, stop blaming the left and go after the folks who are doing **** all. I hope the people who voted for no action enjoy the cluster**** that is coming their way via higher insurances, meat,fruit and veg prices. They were warned.....didn't listen.

Disagree with you.... The ALP lost because it ran a hopeless campaign and lost debates they should have won easily... all sides lie in elections Bob Hawke """ No child shall live in poverty""  as an example

I have pointed out how Shorten lost debates he should have been able to tear the Libs apart on... but he failed totally...

Best example I have is early in the election... Shorten was making the argument about CC and the move to Electric Vehicles EV's..

The absurd argument from the Libs was Labour is telling Tradies they can't buy Utes anymore and telling Tradies ... Shorten backed away ...

All he had to say was how hopelessly out of date the Libs were... China [33% of world new car sales] today 30% EV by 2039 totally EV all vehicles, Europe totally EV between 2038 & 2041, India to set a date but it is believed to be mid 2040's, Japan EV by 2041... this represents about 70% of all care will be EV by around 2040...

Meaning about 2028 to 2030 no one will make fuel motors.... it was such an easy debate to win and would have made teh Libs look out of date, out of touch and silly... but he lost it ....

4 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

Disagree with you.... The ALP lost because it ran a hopeless campaign and lost debates they should have won easily... all sides lie in elections Bob Hawke """ No child shall live in poverty""  as an example

I have pointed out how Shorten lost debates he should have been able to tear the Libs apart on... but he failed totally...

Best example I have is early in the election... Shorten was making the argument about CC and the move to Electric Vehicles EV's..

The absurd argument from the Libs was Labour is telling Tradies they can't buy Utes anymore and telling Tradies ... Shorten backed away ...

All he had to say was how hopelessly out of date the Libs were... China [33% of world new car sales] today 30% EV by 2039 totally EV all vehicles, Europe totally EV between 2038 & 2041, India to set a date but it is believed to be mid 2040's, Japan EV by 2041... this represents about 70% of all care will be EV by around 2040...

Meaning about 2028 to 2030 no one will make fuel motors.... it was such an easy debate to win and would have made teh Libs look out of date, out of touch and silly... but he lost it ....

Gillard implemented policy...Abbott tore it down. FACT.

As I said....you NEVER blame the right......cock-eyed logic.

When I see you go after the Craig Kellys, Jason Falinski's etc of this world then it might be worth discussion. 

Edited by sonar

1 minute ago, sonar said:

I'll add this.......

https://reneweconomy.com.au/falinskis-litany-of-lies-on-climate-and-energy-shows-coalition-denial-runs-deep-86031/

Yet you have the hide to blame the left. That's some really great cock-eyed logic.

Mate....

On bended knees ... read what I post...

No one is saying the libs did not lie.... 

No one is saying News and talk back are hopeless one sided...

But you have to win the F......g debate and they failed....

I am not questioning how CC denial runs deep within the Libs... that is not the issue...

The issue is putting together a set of polices and arguing your position and Shorten failed totally and he should be sacked...  

1 minute ago, sonar said:

Gillard implemented policy...Abbott tore it down. FACT.

As I said....you NEVER blame the right......cock-eyed logic.

When did I say never blame the right...

You are saying the left cannot make mistakes and everything they did was 100% right .

Please nay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this and I will repeat part of my post...

Meaning about 2028 to 2030 no one will make fuel motors.... it was such an easy debate to win and would have made teh Libs look out of date, out of touch and silly... but he lost it .

2 minutes ago, Midfielder said:

When did I say never blame the right...

You are saying the left cannot make mistakes and everything they did was 100% right .

Please nay PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE read this and I will repeat part of my post...

Meaning about 2028 to 2030 no one will make fuel motors.... it was such an easy debate to win and would have made teh Libs look out of date, out of touch and silly... but he lost it .

You're still blaming the left..........:rofl:

Q: Who implemented CC policy.....!

Q: Who repealed the CC policy !

Edited by sonar

The lie travels 1000% further than the truth. The "shorten going to take your ute" and "death of the weekend" lies were repeatedly all over the Murdoch media and boomer facebook.