wendybr

Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

4 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Ha ha . so that's the best you got. Thought as much.

Brilliant 

Keeping digging in 

Edited by StringerBellend

Actually I apologise for an earlier post nobody needs that image in their head 

think sydney trains (or the lack of) is making me go a bit mad 

Hey "the seeker" only I can call Taurus the riddler can please refrain as I have copyright on that , beside that he will call you a tosser and you don't want that as it is very hurtful. 

6 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Hey "the seeker" only I can call Taurus the riddler can please refrain as I have copyright on that , beside that he will call you a tosser and you don't want that as it is very hurtful. 

Tosser

40 minutes ago, Keithie said:

40 minutes ago, Keithie said:

Oh that's where I heard it. Ok will acknowledge your copyright on the very apt term and refrain from any more legal infringements. I hope legal action is not pending ?

2 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Something about yes it’s ok because the other lot did it years ago... so it’s perfectly acceptable 

Expecting Politicians to use Public Money for the public good is political correctness gone mad

PS it rained yesterday so all you greenies, tree huggers, inner west tossers, Ferals and people who understand facts and data are wrong 

now back to knock one out of Peta Credilin

So using a football analogy. Massively important game with huge prize at stake.

One team is allowed to hack , headbutt , elbow the other team at will . But the other team playing for the same  big prize is not even allowed to tackle or multiple red cards are will be issued. But that's all ok because it's an advantage to my team. Different rules for the other team.

And you haven't denied being a hypocrite.

Edinburgh , don't follow in the footsteps of the riddler be your own man fella , 

Dutton the dictator loses 

High court rules Aboriginal Australians are not 'aliens' under the constitution and cannot be deported https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/feb/11/high-court-rules-aboriginal-australians-are-not-aliens-under-the-constitution-and-cannot-be-deported?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

7 hours ago, theseeker said:

So using a football analogy. Massively important game with huge prize at stake.

One team is allowed to hack , headbutt , elbow the other team at will . But the other team playing for the same  big prize is not even allowed to tackle or multiple red cards are will be issued. But that's all ok because it's an advantage to my team. Different rules for the other team.

And you haven't denied being a hypocrite.

Hypocrite in regard to what?

I haven't at any point said that I'm ok with Labor Pork Barrelling or using public money for their own ends, as I'm not ok with it. In fact I have said I'm against it from both sides.

As a progressive I think "we" can and should do better. I don't accept that "oh it's a dirty game, let them get one with it". Which ever party or side of politics they are from they are elected to serve the people, and they should be focussing the limited resources governments have (i.e. our money) on that, not keeping themselves in power. 

But anyway its not about me is it? If I am a hypocrite or not, the Libs still used a large sum of public money to for their own ends. 

10 hours ago, StringerBellend said:

Hypocrite in regard to what?

I haven't at any point said that I'm ok with Labor Pork Barrelling or using public money for their own ends, as I'm not ok with it. In fact I have said I'm against it from both sides.

As a progressive I think "we" can and should do better. I don't accept that "oh it's a dirty game, let them get one with it". Which ever party or side of politics they are from they are elected to serve the people, and they should be focussing the limited resources governments have (i.e. our money) on that, not keeping themselves in power. 

But anyway its not about me is it? If I am a hypocrite or not, the Libs still used a large sum of public money to for their own ends. 

Ok I 'll take your word for it.

As for the rest of the post it's just incredibly naive , politics all over the world is just not like that in a game where there are no bigger stakes.

From Machiavelli 's book " The Prince " put out in 1532 which stated that in politics " the end justify the means " to Graham Richardson's " Whatever It Takes" written in 1994 you will see it's just unrealistic and hypocrisy in what some posters put on here.

Your progressive utopian view of politics is just a pipe dream.

Get real.

16 hours ago, Paul01 said:

Dutton the dictator loses 

High court rules Aboriginal Australians are not 'aliens' under the constitution and cannot be deported https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/feb/11/high-court-rules-aboriginal-australians-are-not-aliens-under-the-constitution-and-cannot-be-deported?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

Hooray , Australia need more convicted criminals to be kept here.

Maybe if one of them bashed you up you would have a different opion but then maybe not , your hatred of Dutton would override your smashed up face.

5 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Maybe if one of them bashed you up you would have a different opion but then maybe not , your hatred of Dutton would override your smashed up face.

From the 1760s, better for 10 guilty to go free than one innocent be convicted.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blackstone's_ratio

In any case Dutton should be convicted of being a right bastard who his treatment of immigrants, the poor and the Australian population (treating us all as idiots.

The NBN and the coalition is in cuckoo land. Our internet is slowest in the western world and ranks below Kazakhstan (39). The have given us an inferior product with most of us on Fibre-to-the-node requiring up to a kilometre of rusting copper wire determining the speed to be ultra-slow.

NBN 'near completion and on budget', but figures show $2b loss in six months http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/nbn-on-track-and-on-budget-says-ceo-stephen-rue/11953694

42 minutes ago, Paul01 said:

The NBN and the coalition is in cuckoo land. Our internet is slowest in the western world and ranks below Kazakhstan (39). The have given us an inferior product with most of us on Fibre-to-the-node requiring up to a kilometre of rusting copper wire determining the speed to be ultra-slow.

NBN 'near completion and on budget', but figures show $2b loss in six months http://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-02-11/nbn-on-track-and-on-budget-says-ceo-stephen-rue/11953694

I wish ours was ultra slow.

Got none atm...so no internet, wifi or Foxtel (not that I watch anything of it, except A League games).

It's been down for days. :sad:

2 hours ago, theseeker said:

Ok I 'll take your word for it.

As for the rest of the post it's just incredibly naive , politics all over the world is just not like that in a game where there are no bigger stakes.

From Machiavelli 's book " The Prince " put out in 1532 which stated that in politics " the end justify the means " to Graham Richardson's " Whatever It Takes" written in 1994 you will see it's just unrealistic and hypocrisy in what some posters put on here.

Your progressive utopian view of politics is just a pipe dream.

Get real.

They may say I’m a dreamer...

But I’m not the only one...

I hope someday you will join us 

*cmon people join in sing it with me*

Imagine all the People...

crazy isn’t it, having an expectation that a our elected representatives are held to account 

just because our system of government has faults doesn’t mean we should give up and let it go to **** 

Ha

Edited by StringerBellend
Why do I bother

14 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

They may say I’m a dreamer...

But I’m not the only one...

I hope someday you will join us 

*cmon people join in sing it with me*

Imagine all the People...

crazy isn’t it, having an expectation that a our elected representatives are held to account 

just because our system of government has faults doesn’t mean we should give up and let it go to **** 

Oh god , I had a feeling that bullshyte dirge would come up somewhere.

Feel sorry for John Lennon easily the most talented of the Beatles bit that song was foolish crap.

And someone called Mark Chapman callously shot Lennon so there goes the brotherhood of man !

I just hope they don't do it on game day......

46 minutes ago, theseeker said:

Oh god , I had a feeling that bullshyte dirge would come up somewhere.

Feel sorry for John Lennon easily the most talented of the Beatles bit that song was foolish crap.

And someone called Mark Chapman callously shot Lennon so there goes the brotherhood of man !

Had you down as more a Paul McCartney Wings fan myself 

4 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

Had you down as more a Paul McCartney Wings fan myself 

No your wrong again. Can't stand McCartney and Wings " Mary Had A Little Lamb" for farks sake .Plus other shyte.

Petrochemical industry buying favour with the major party.

On 09/02/2020 at 2:11 PM, theseeker said:

I really don't need to keep fighting Labor lost. Yea but jihads have been known to travel. Canberra  and Hawaii ?

Auburn , Punchbowl , Bankstown , Granville . Merrylands , Guildford ?

And remember the Parramatta jihadi murder ?

You can't be serious.

He didn't have to announce where he was going, and the hotel he was staying at, just that  the country would be in the capable hands of whatshisname...while he was taking a week off.

He disappeared, hoping noone would notice his absence in the middle of a national crisis, because he knew it would not be looked upon favourably.

But then, as I heard our PM say, with his characteristic empty grin and shrug of his shoulders... he is no different from the local plumber, who deserved a break at the end of the year.

I think he probably came to regret that approach.

The idea that he took off in secret because ...jihadis.. is absurd.

7 hours ago, wendybr said:

You can't be serious.

He didn't have to announce where he was going, and the hotel he was staying at, just that  the country would be in the capable hands of whatshisname...while he was taking a week off.

He disappeared, hoping noone would notice his absence in the middle of a national crisis, because he knew it would not be looked upon favourably.

But then, as I heard our PM say, with his characteristic empty grin and shrug of his shoulders... he is no different from the local plumber, who deserved a break at the end of the year.

I think he probably came to regret that approach.

The idea that he took off in secret because ...jihadis.. is absurd.

So he is hopeless as a Prime Minister can't achieve anything but you scream when he is not here ? You miss him do you  ,Oh  Scott is not here  i'm so stressed , can't sleep , who is running the country !

Just looking for any hook to criticize the guy because  you hate him. Told you before don't hate , it's self destructive.

As if noone would notice - what a stupid statement , of course journalists and others in political circles would have been aware.It was low key because of security concerns . You or I don't know the security advice or threats that may have been in play.

Anyway Scott is here now , relax. And he's bought the rain.

Lastly , when can he go on holidays , there is always some crisis according to you with this guy.

Not a problem for some professions they get , what about 10 weeks a year holiday.

Edited by theseeker

4 hours ago, theseeker said:

How good is that !!! Did we pay a fair price as it looks like he's bought too much? :xnod:

4 hours ago, theseeker said:

So he is hopeless as a Prime Minister can't achieve anything but you scream when he is not here ? You miss him do you  ,Oh  Scott is not here  i'm so stressed , can't sleep , who is running the country !

Just looking for any hook to criticize the guy because  you hate him. Told you before don't hate , it's self destructive.

As if noone would notice - what a stupid statement , of course journalists and others in political circles would have been aware.It was low key because of security concerns . You or I don't know the security advice or threats that may have been in play.

Lastly , when can he go on holidays , there is always some crisis according to you with this guy.

Not a problem for some professions they get , what about 10 weeks a year holiday.

You can still vote liberal and think Morrison is a good PM, and also admit that he cocked up on this one.

Your fandom of him is way over the top, it’s like he can do no wrong in your eyes and any admission he got it wrong would you becoming a communist 

I love Lucy Zelic, I really do, she’s ace, but I’ll admit that she got it wrong in the Stajic matildas thing 

surely you can see that at the very least the PM sodding off on holiday during a major national disaster was a mistake even if not in practical terms, but in political terms.

its ok you can still love him afterwards 

17 minutes ago, StringerBellend said:

You can still vote liberal and think Morrison is a good PM, and also admit that he cocked up on this one.

Your fandom of him is way over the top, it’s like he can do no wrong in your eyes and any admission he got it wrong would you becoming a communist 

I love Lucy Zelic, I really do, she’s ace, but I’ll admit that she got it wrong in the Stajic matildas thing 

surely you can see that at the very least the PM sodding off on holiday during a major national disaster was a mistake even if not in practical terms, but in political terms.

its ok you can still love him afterwards 

How can you not admire #ScoMo

In recent weeks, his thoughts & prayers have produced drought breaking rains & put out the fires. Bloke deserves a knighthood

3 minutes ago, Taurus said:

How can you not admire #ScoMo

In recent weeks, his thoughts & prayers have produced drought breaking rains & put out the fires. Bloke deserves a knighthood

I do prefer Lucy Zelic though 

1 minute ago, StringerBellend said:

I do prefer Lucy Zelic though 

Is she in your thoughts and prayers? :P