Australian Current Affairs Thread (not a Politics Thread) lol

18 minutes ago, Carns said:

Considering Angus Taylor, Gladys Liu, Bridget McKenzie, Barnaby Joyce, George Christensen (and others) are still in the Parliament, the worst he'd get is shifting of jobs and/or demotion to back bench.

Stuart Robert will not survive the multi-million class action. The present lot are trying to stop the class action especially with the multiple suicides.

The hypocrisy of Scumbo and his government is beyond astonishing. 

Robodebt scandal: leak reveals unlawful debts predate 2015 but government has no plans to pay back money https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/may/31/robodebt-scandal-leak-reveals-unlawful-debts-predate-2015-but-government-has-no-plans-to-pay-back-money?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

33 minutes ago, mack said:

Why is it going to St Marys instead of Leppington?

Probably because there will be a new development planned on the eastern side of Northern Rd and south of the M4. The Metro would probably follow Luddenham Rd to some extent.

And the hide of the conservatives who go after the poor in the belief that the less monied are all potential welfare cheats. And yet refuse to go after the tax avoiders who give them money.

Coalition won’t rule out passing new laws to reboot robodebt scheme https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/02/coalition-wont-rule-out-passing-new-laws-to-reboot-robodebt-scheme?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

2 hours ago, Paul01 said:

And the hide of the conservatives who go after the poor in the belief that the less monied are all potential welfare cheats. And yet refuse to go after the tax avoiders who give them money.

Coalition won’t rule out passing new laws to reboot robodebt scheme https://www.theguardian.com/australia-news/2020/jun/02/coalition-wont-rule-out-passing-new-laws-to-reboot-robodebt-scheme?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Copy_to_clipboard

i am glad because the first robodebt scheme went so well

5 minutes ago, marron said:

Tony Abbott wins honours for contributions to indigenous Australians

Jesus Christ. Right at this point in time too.

https://indigenousx.com.au/recounting-abbotts-contributions-to-indigenous-australians/

C'mon! Don't be cynical!

If Bronwyn Bishop deserves recognition for something/mumble/mutter/something/helicopters/mumble, well surely Tony does too!

<shugs>

:fool:

30 minutes ago, wendybr said:

C'mon! Don't be cynical!

If Bronwyn Bishop deserves recognition for something/mumble/mutter/something/helicopters/mumble, well surely Tony does too!

<shugs>

:fool:

........for services to the kerosene and helicopter industries......?

Australia today nay Australian governments today are caught in a kinda no matter what they do it is wrong pertaining to the China V USA relationship.

There is no doubt China very aggressive moves in recent times i.e. Indian broader, South China Sea, Hong Kong, add various threats of trade to European countries as well as Australia... 

The USA under Trump but even before Trump was in real trouble as the widening gap between the poor and the rich became a chasm, add the increasingly gun sales, add the police forces buying ex military equipment and as recent vids show a number of police out of control. 

Indonesia has the worlds fourth largest army on our doorstep. We are friends with them  but still they have a mega size army and 273 million people...

Hopefully we can get away from a Labour / Liberal discussion and accept whether this is So MO or Albo its not easy...

My gut tells me behind the scenes they both agree on a way forward and essentially that is to look for new markets and increase manufacturing in Australia... but that is much easier said than done...

I doubt in my lifetime I have ever seen the USA like it is today ... 

In the lead up to the election in November I can only see Trump ramping it up even more and somehow we need to as much as possible stay neutral. 

• mack locked this topic
  • mack unlocked this topic